• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

I refuse to believe that tidehunter set received 3k legitimate votes.

That has got to be one of the most tame, uninteresting, un-Tide-like sets I've seen, ever.

Not to stir up anything, but the contributor of it has been involved with that guy who was upvoting his submissions with bots in the past.

sKtkLgg.png

yep

Godammit Valve

Why do you do this

It's awful

It makes me feel awful. Like I now hate hats because you do this.

Also this means no new items in the drop system for several more months :/

dmshaposv

So I assume the Earth Spirit one is the "Very rare" drop this time?

Other sets are honestly average. I might just get the Bristleboss one since I have no cosmetics for that hero. But enough with CK and Doom already, volvo.

I love this set. Volvo pls add. I'd rather have this than CK set #04994020

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LC is also shit. Picking her is like asking to lose.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, with 100k items in my little database, it seems the most equipped item that isn't given to everyone is the Storm-Stealer's Helm, thought I think its in one of the welcoming gifts.

The Free to Play Set are really is owned by a lot of people, its the second most used pudge set, third most used Sven Set.

LC is also shit. Picking her is like asking to lose.

Agreed. Along with Chaos Knight, Shadow Demon and Earth Spirit. Don't think I've won a game with any of these heroes in my team for months. SD is obviously fantastic but seems to work out poorly in pubs on average.

I love this set. Volvo pls add. I'd rather have this than CK set #04994020

Valve's got me so jaded and pessimistic about cosmetics I just know this set would be the ultra rare set and be used by or appreciated by nobody because only a fraction of people who would use it would have access to it :/

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Valve's got me so jaded and pessimistic about cosmetics I just know this set would be the ultra rare set and be used by or appreciated by nobody because only a fraction of people who would use it would have access to it :/

Yeah I feel you. I liked it a lot better when the rare bonus from chests were couriers. They really need to just sell these sets.

I have no idea how to make CK work. What's even the point of the hero? Seems mediocre in every way.

At least PA has the potential to deal massive damage and has a good skillset.

Razzer

LC counters a meta that doesn't need countering is the problem. As an anti-carry against solo hard carries in a 4 protect 1 strat she would be great as all the space creating for the 1 gives her time to accumulate duel kills and then late she is a 1v1 monster even if her item scaling is not as good. But against more than 1 core she is meh as she can only duel 1 person per fight, and outside of duel she is way to easily countered. I still think that noone can defeat her in a 1v1 though late-game, provided you were dueling properly throughout.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have yet to see a Corsair yet. Hell, my database has yet to see one.

shira

LC counters a meta that doesn't need countering is the problem. As an anti-carry against solo hard carries in a 4 protect 1 strat she would be great as all the space creating for the 1 gives her time to accumulate duel kills and then late she is a 1v1 monster even if her item scaling is not as good. But against more than 1 core she is meh as she can only duel 1 person per fight, and outside of duel she is way to easily countered. I still think that noone can defeat her in a 1v1 though late-game, provided you were dueling properly throughout.

Make her ult global with aghs
hqdefault.jpg

I like windranger so much, too bad she doesnt look viable in pro games...

Could she be switched to agility based instead of intelligence?

bounchfx

the selections make sense, I'm not a fan of every one, but I'm really happy to see the es, bristle, tide, alc and ls. I actually thought the Centaur one was Silencer lol. It looks good in game but a bit overkill for my tastes. Really well done though.

got my fingers crossed for my shadow demon next time though. He's freakin' due! Also really surprised to not see Witch Doctor. Maybe that will be next time though.. I hope my SD goes in a chest with that and the kunkka set.. that would be AMAZING.

Razzer

Make her ult global with aghs
hqdefault.jpg

Could she be switched to agility based instead of intelligence?

I'd like the cooldown to be lowered at level 3 personally. Make it so that if the fight drags on she could use it twice, like 30 secs or something.

Yeah I feel you. I liked it a lot better when the rare bonus from chests were couriers. They really need to just sell these sets.

I probably would have bought that Clock set on the store. As it stands I bought one of those chests, opened it, didn't get a set I wanted and went and bought the other sets I did want for a dollar or less on the market, where the contributor probably doesn't see a dime.

And I put the Clock set out of mind, it just doesn't exist (I've never seen it used).

Such a sad state they put themselves into. The drop system improvements they made last year are to waste. Contributors making single items are frustrated. People voting on the workshop for sets they want are frustrated.

It all seems like a failed experiment, but they keep doing it...

I'm still disappointed that there is no way to get the Anuxi Dazzle set without paying a huge fee on the marketplace.

These new chests must be selling them a lot more sets purely because people are buying them until they get the set they want.

I miss the old setup.

VGj0JWC.jpg

Shepard

she used to be picked every game

she hasnt had that many changes since then

you can get away with greedier off laners now, same reason why dark seer is rare nowadays

Shw has the lowest winrate of all cm heroes, iirc (ther last tournament, I guess, I remember hearing it somewhere). It's been a while since I've seen a good pro windranger game.

You're not turning pro any time soon, are you? She's really fun but can have low impact if you can't handle two skill shots.

She's relies too much on shackle, and that's a hard to land skill. I guess I should watch more EGM game...

Razzer

Shw has the lowest winrate of all cm heroes, iirc (ther last tournament, I guess, I remember hearing it somewhere). It's been a while since I've seen a good pro windranger game.

I don't remember which tournament it was but a few weeks ago EGM had an absolute stormer on her. Maybe you could look for that?

Artanisix

I probably would have bought that Clock set on the store. As it stands I bought one of those chests, opened it, didn't get a set I wanted and went and bought the other sets I did want for a dollar or less on the market, where the contributor probably doesn't see a dime.

And I put the Clock set out of mind, it just doesn't exist (I've never seen it used).

Such a sad state they put themselves into. The drop system improvements they made last year are to waste. Contributors making single items are frustrated. People voting on the workshop for sets they want are frustrated.

I've only seen the clock set once, and it was in a tournament game.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

just buy from the steam market dude everything is cheap as shit. chest sets or no chest sets I always buy my sets from the market so nothing has changed for me.

just buy from the steam market dude everything is cheap as shit. chest sets or no chest sets I always buy my sets from the market so nothing has changed for me.

The Clock set is currently 9 dollars on the market. On the store, the set would be about 5.

The Venge and Dazzle sets are untouchable on the market.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
$9 is cheap?

pretty much every set except the rare venge and clock ones are like $1-$3.

just look at the venge/clock sets as the new mythical/legendary $10-$15 sets. same deal as we've had before. at least this way you don't have to wait 1-2 months to buy the set on the market.

Eh, it just seems like SOE spending their marketing budget. They have done the same in the past with MLG etc.

The chest doesn't exist any more, no more Dazzle sets will become available.

The price will hold.

The fact that it was Genuine gave me hope to see it on the store, but Valve being Valve doesn't make me confident.

Genuine is basically meaningless in Dota 2.

The clock set would still cost $8 on the Store, since it is Mythical.

Oh, I thought it was rare.

Eh, I might pick it up in that case, but I don't know if I like the entire set enough. Might way for pieces to be on the shop and get the ones I want. I hate the helmet and already have better cogs.

Also I'm not confident the contributor sees any money when an entire set is sold, just the chest or the pieces.

Also it's weird they added strange stuff for Clock, Venge, Puck and Lifestealer and then stopped doing strange items. A ton of features are being left behind with this new way, Valve is usually such a far sighted company too, but this seems to short sighted.

Top Bottom