• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Razzer

each point in str gives you 19 hp, so it will work the same

armlet used to give you +25 str (450hp) instantly like tread switching but it was nerfed to give gradually cuz of abuse i guess

Yeah it was way too easy to armlet toggle before. Good players like Xboct were able to stay alive almost infinitely by toggling in between instances of damage. Now cus it isn't instant you can kill people through sustained dps even if they toggle, whereas before you needed a DoT with very frequent ticks.

each point in str gives you 19 hp, so it will work the same

armlet used to give you +25 str (450hp) instantly like tread switching but it was nerfed to give gradually cuz of abuse i guess

What I mean about the armlet is that the wiki states this:

If you are below 475 hp, you will lose all but 1 health. When you activate it again (quickly, so the enemy won't have time to kill you when you're at 1 hp) you will end up with 475 hp, more than what you had before.

But if an increase in max HP bumps your current HP to the same percentage it was before the max HP gain, then turning on your armlet at 1 HP wouldn't give you 475 over a short duration. If your max HP went from 1000 to 1475, then your current HP should theoretically grow from 1 to 1*(1475/1000) = 1.475, not 475.

EDIT:

I believe gaining stats for a level is bugged. I have no idea how that actually work anymore. In dota1, gaining a level granted you the flat 19*str gained hp increase, so it was very nice in fights cause if you leveled midfight that would be an instant 40-60 hp gain depending on the hero.

Armlet give like 4 str every 0.1 seconds (slightly less), giving you the full str in 0.7, so it will give you hp "gradually" but still very fast.

So the armlet gives strength 'dota 1 style', giving you the full 19 HP per point?

Satch

Banned
please help dota is unplayable

Receiving uncompressed update from server (10858.50)

in showing up in console and idk how to fix it

G.ZZZ

What I mean about the armlet is that the wiki states this:

But if an increase in max HP bumps your current HP to the same percentage it was before the max HP gain, then turning on your armlet at 1 HP wouldn't give you 475 over a short duration. If your max HP went from 1000 to 1475, then your current HP should theoretically grow from 1 to 1*(1475/1000) = 1.475, not 475.

EDIT:

So the armlet gives strength 'dota 1 style', giving you the full 19 HP per point?

Yeah, armlet just give stats and add the hp to your base hp, instead of being %. Every other item goes by %, and base stats should work like armlet (aka stats from lvlup, not bonus stats from bonus stats skill), but i'm not sure they do.

Yeah, armlet just give stats and add the hp to your base hp, instead of being %. Every other item goes by %, and base stats should work like armlet (aka stats from lvlup, not bonus stats from bonus stats skill), but i'm not sure they do.

Got it, thanks. I like to play Bristleback and Wraith King because of their great durability (to my untrained eyes, teamfights are just a confusing stream of particle effects where my health randomly melts), and power threads/armlet of mordiggian are considered core items on them, so I'm glad I now understand how to use them more effectively.

Kard8p3

thx for not getting blink. anti-goomba

when ur legit faster than the flash, u dont need it.

豚鼠
quite disappointing running that through translate.google

what did you expect?

Void went MoM and BF, but no Midas(unless he sold it)? If you're going to be greedy then just go full greed, bro.

Edit: I chuckled when I saw that there were no BKBs on this game.

Nah, he didn't make Midas, o well tho.

Aselith

Speaking of Doom what do you guys like for jungling aura-wise? I've come to prefer the Troll Summoner for the skeletons to add damage and tank creeps. Very mana efficeint and quick.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guinea-Pig-attack.jpg

bbd23

now that we have received our daily "watch liquid get destroyed" I think its time for a good ol Thursday evening patch

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still want to try cuy at some point.

I imagine the experience is somewhere between baby back ribs and peking duck.

Kade

It probably tastes good. I had horse and turtle and they were good. If its back faces the sky I will eat it unless it's a bug.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
i just loaded my team into a snowball and rolled into roshan

teamwipe

arab

Speaking of Doom what do you guys like for jungling aura-wise? I've come to prefer the Troll Summoner for the skeletons to add damage and tank creeps. Very mana efficeint and quick.

regen or armor -> attack speed -> crits when i get good items

Manus

I love the armor that the ice ogre or whatever gives you. Stays on forever and it's fairly mana efficient.

Top Bottom