• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

The chest doesn't exist any more, no more Dazzle sets will become available.

The price will hold.
I thought anuxi said there would be a non-genuine version

Anywhoo do ticket holders have to rebuy the compendium or is it like last year and you get one with paid ticket.

Mordeccai

Man, I must just be a lucky bastard. The first chest I bought had a corsair in it. Sold that puppy with help from someone on here by gemming it for 15 bucks. Bought clockwerk set off market. Then decided to buy more chests with the left over wallet money.

Second chest, got another clockwerk set. I thought this was impossible bc you're only supposed to get one of each set but I didn't care and took my nine steambucks anyway. Opened third chest, ANOTHER clockwerk set. Hello earfshaker legendary set.

Same thing happened months ago with the Manta style AM item. First chest I opened had those babies. My chest luck too stronk.

bbd23

You mean Sony.HyperX.Axe.Needforseat.EG vs HyperX.Liquid

himZD0M.gif

I think I might cry if I dont get a compendium update today :3

Aselith

Doom is shit.

I started doing a build that goes Midas > Maelstrom > Shadowblade > Treads > Mjollnir > Deso > sell Midas > Daedulus combined with the Satyr aura it makes you attack so fast and I usually start trying to split push tower and after you get Deso he hits like a truck. It's a lot of farm of course and hp isn't great but it wrecks pretty hard late game.

I started doing a build that goes Midas > Maelstrom > Shadowblade > Treads > Mjollnir > Deso > sell Midas > Daedulus combined with the Satyr aura it makes you attack so fast and I usually start trying to split push tower and after you get Deso he hits like a truck. It's a lot of farm of course and hp isn't great but it wrecks pretty hard late game.

Why not just devour a wolf and use that crit?

Acinixys

Why the fuck would you buy crits on Doom?

Just eat an alpha wolf and save 5k

:/

rac

Banned
I'd put my rares on liquid for this one, I mean they have to beat eg one of these times.

edit: nvm eg picked bs

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
As fun as it would be that would be super op. You could get 90 damage per fight. Cutting the cooldown in half if you win would be plausible though.

It would be, and it'd be awesome.

At a conference for librarians in quebec where the wifi is not very stable. Now where's those gun reloading gifs?

Let's discuss Compendiums

tumblr_me0uqxK5M21r2ajbko1_500.gif

Razzer

I do like the global possibilities of this draft. If anyone gets below half health Visage sends birds and Tinker tps in and kills them.

Hey peoples, I'm a dota newbie and I was hoping one of you could clear something up for me. I don't really understand how thread switching works. Why would I want to switch my power threads away from strength when taking, for example, a healing salve?

inkls

Hey peoples, I'm a dota newbie and I was hoping one of you could clear something up for me. I don't really understand how thread switching works. Why would I want to switch my power threads away from strength when taking, for example, a healing salve?

when you get more hp from stats it updates based on the % of how full your hp bar is.

So you'll get more hp out of it when you switch back.

RS4-

When you're about to cast something, switch to INT as well.

bsdf

Banned
switching to strength treads gives you like 150 HP, so when you switch off strength, the healing salve will fill up your bar quicker cuz you have 150 less hp.

Razzer

Your health stays at the same percentage of full health when you switch treads. As Salve is a flat hp value of regen, using it when you have lower full health because you are on Agi or Int treads means that you gain a higher percentage of full health. Then when you switch back to strength you will have slightly more health again. In other words, you gain slightly more health per salve if you switch away from strength whilst using it.

Edit: Beaten by more eloquent answers.

when you get more hp from stats it updates based on the % of how full your hp bar is.

So you'll get more hp out of it when you switch back.

When you're about to cast something, switch to INT as well.

Your health stays at the same percentage of full health when you switch treads. As Salve is a flat hp value of regen, using it when you have lower full health because you are on Agi or Int treads means that you gain a higher percentage of full health. Then when you switch back to strength you will have slightly more health again. In other words, you gain slightly more health per salve if you switch away from strength whilst using it.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Does this also happen when you gain HP due to gaining a level or getting a +strength or +HP item?

And if so, then how does armlet toggling work? The wiki says that it gradually gives you +475 health due to the strength increase.

bsdf

Banned
I see, thanks for the explanation. Does this also happen when you gain HP due to gaining a level or getting a +strength or +HP item?

And if so, then how does armlet toggling work? The wiki says that it gradually gives you +475 health due to the strength increase.

each point in str gives you 19 hp, so it will work the same

armlet used to give you +25 str (450hp) instantly like tread switching but it was nerfed to give gradually cuz of abuse i guess

Aselith

Why not just devour a wolf and use that crit?

Why the fuck would you buy crits on Doom?

Just eat an alpha wolf and save 5k

:/

Alpha Wolf gived you a lower crit chance and less damage and using satyr aura you gain the attack speed and an aoe stun. I can tell you that when I had that build complete I was critting for 850 or so at damn near max attack speed. It's built to maximize attack speed as much as possible to get the most lightning procs for pushing waves on towers that's also why I get treads instead of phase. Eating an alpha is not going to support that.

I used to go alpha wold aura but after using this build I prefer it by a country mile.

G.ZZZ

I believe gaining stats for a level is bugged. I have no idea how that actually work anymore. In dota1, gaining a level granted you the flat 19*str gained hp increase, so it was very nice in fights cause if you leveled midfight that would be an instant 40-60 hp gain depending on the hero.

Armlet give like 4 str every 0.1 seconds (slightly less), giving you the full str in 0.7, so it will give you hp "gradually" but still very fast.

Top Bottom