• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
the only thing i can ever agree with zyori on: lycan is the most over-valued hero right now. Not saying he's not strong, he is, but I don't think he's an auto first ban every game. There are plenty ways to deal with him, and without his 300 free hp on level 16 ulti his teamfight/carry-potential really took a hit.

wouldn't be surprised to see the teams with the best chance at winning the qualifiers are the one that bait the first pick lycan

What Stream/Game is all the hate on?

And saying wrong things is one part that really sucks being as a caster, you want to try to avoid dead time as much as possible to keep flow up and every mistake you KNOW you made it's worse to go back and correct it most of the times because it completely ruins flow.

ggggggg

Every caster says wrong things occasionally, that's fine. Like I said I usually value entertainment over insight. Zyori is on a completely different level though, he spouts wrong shit literally every 5s, I don't know how he manages it, but he finds a way.

Razzer

What Stream/Game is all the hate on?

And saying wrong things is one part that really sucks being as a caster, you want to try to avoid dead time as much as possible to keep flow up and every mistake you KNOW you made it's worse to go back and correct it most of the times because it completely ruins flow.

ggggggg

It's funny you mention flow, cus Zyori has none of it. Whenever fights break out he's starting and stopping, tripping over his own tongue, etc etc. This is all very bad for anyone who wants to be a good caster.

Acinixys

Good casters:

Tobi, Merlini, Synderen, SunsFan, Sheever, Pflax, Godz, LD

Ok casters:

Draskyl

Shit teir:

Kappa, that Shane dude, Ayesee, Zyori

Mute tier:

Lysander

Just my opinion anyway

Ultimatum

Banned
Why? The relocate ganks are pretty damn fun and exciting.

the relocate ganks are okay but not good enough considering how much more boring the rest of the game becomes

although that last relocate to bot rax was pretty damn good

It's funny you mention flow, cus Zyori has none of it. Whenever fights break out he's starting and stopping, tripping over his own tongue, etc etc. This is all very bad for anyone who wants to be a bad caster.

surely it's quite good if he wants to be a bad caster

kvk1

I want a Merlini/SyndereN/Draskyl tri-cast.

No hype, all analysis, straight into the veins.

Like listening to a lecture.

Artanisix

zyori
wIpF0J3.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Man I really want to see earth spirit, broodmother, and TB in CM before TI4. Was hoping before the qualifiers :(.

not phoenix though, not yet, fuck that hero and people that play him

Merlini and Draskyl are both extremely hardheaded, it would be entertaining but the way you'd want it to be.

The best casters definitely are ex-pro's though, even the stupidest of pro players have interesting insights to add.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
3 Melee + Io and KOTL
HYPE

How do people feel about Maut? There was also this duo of a guy/girl casting some minor stream and they were actually pretty good, I forgot who they were though.

Razzer

the relocate ganks are okay but not good enough considering how much more boring the rest of the game becomes

although that last relocate to bot rax was pretty damn good

surely it's quite good if he wants to be a bad caster

I guess my brain wouldn't let me put good and Zyori in the same sentence.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
is liquid just a bad team?

bulba, demon, and qojva have been playing pretty damn well and are impressive in general

tc has been awful

wayto has been playing at like 3k mmr levels of bad and he's the drafter/in-game captain too... Most subpar support player I've seen in competitive in a long ass time. He has to go after TI.

Karakand

I know competitive gaming adopted the moniker "e-sports" but they really don't need to follow the lead of irl sports so much that they perpetuate the insufferable commentating combo of "some putz who likes the sound of their own voice and the informative former pro."

I don't know if TC is having a rough time or if he's always like this, but right now he's one of the worst carries I've seen.

On the other side I really like Ush's carry play.

iamblades

I don't know if TC is having a rough time or if he's always like this, but right now he's one of the worst carries I've seen.

On the other side I really like Ush's carry play.

I think Luna is the only hero TC can play. They always run TC luna even when it doesn't fit into the game at all.

Liquid got rid of it's three best players without making an upgrade basically at any position really. Qojqva for Korok seems like a roughly even trade to me, I think fluff is better than waytoo, and while demon is probably more skilled than ixmike, he isn't as good in the 4 position role, and his decision making issues are well known.

Bulba can be good when he is on the right kind of hero, but TC has never impressed me really.

Chris R

bulba, demon, and qojva have been playing pretty damn well and are impressive in general

tc has been awful

wayto has been playing at like 3k mmr levels of bad and he's the drafter/in-game captain too... Most subpar support player I've seen in competitive in a long ass time. He has to go after TI.

TI? You mean the first round of TI qualifiers.

iamblades

It's because wayto is a shit drafter.
I doubt any professional player can only play one hero

I know that is true, but there has to be some reason they love luna so much right? even a bad reason.

I remember TC playing a lot of gyro last year, and Luna is basically this years Gyro after the nerfs to flak cannon. It's a very similar style of hero.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Tips please. I have decided to embark on a journey to learn this high skill cap hero.

Don't. Seriously don't unless you play with friends. Unless you want to quit dota. Wisp is a nightmare with 4 pubs, you absolutely need to always be coordinating with at least 1-2 people on voice chat most of the time.

It is if you don't lose a fight in a landslide. If the whole team's dead, it's moot.

I think too many things need to lineup just right for the aura to matter. She needs to die first or second, her team needs to be very near to immediately start a teamfight, the enemy team needs to be mostly right click oriented, etc etc.

In a full on 5 on 5 in which Venge doesn't initiate she doesn't have much of a presence and the enemy team will just ignore her until the teamfight is mostly won.

manfestival

Good casters:

Tobi, Merlini, Synderen, SunsFan, Sheever, Pflax, Godz, LD

Ok casters:

Draskyl

Shit teir:

Kappa, that Shane dude, Ayesee, Zyori

Mute tier:

Lysander

Just my opinion anyway
BRO YOU ARE HATING ON SHANE? WE ARE SO ABOUT TO FIGHT

also zyori and lysander are indeed garbage