• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Chris R

So quick question... what is the buyback hotkey? I couldn't see it in the controls last night. Wanted to disable/remove it after I bought back at the 6 minute mark instantly :|

legal-cold-brew-sodas-mirth-624x374.jpg

http://www.highaboveseattle.com/leg...used-sodas-and-cold-brews-coming-this-summer/

Weed Infused Soda/Beer coming to Seattle just in time for TI4.

Get baked AND wasted. Legally!

irL86hU7UCSRP.gif

Not beer, coffee. And I wonder if these will really be out by TI4...

Can't wait either way :)

180/300 sec short? pls

180 is fine. You can use it on any object on the map and it creates more opportunities for outplay considering how many more wards (and thus, targets to tp to) there are all around the map. TP time can be shortened by another 20% with a 500g upgrade. Not everything needs to be exactly like Dota to work. Stop talking like an old, inflexible man shouting at clouds. It doesn't speak well of you.

CD and trade offs to dumb down the level of gameplay.
SERIOUS FACE

:p

inkls

180 is fine. You can use it on any object on the map and it creates more opportunities for outplay considering how many more wards (and thus, targets to tp to) there are all around the map. TP time can be shortened by another 20% with a 500g upgrade. Not everything needs to be exactly like Dota to work. Stop talking like an old, inflexible man shouting at clouds. It doesn't speak well of you.

didn't need to take it so seriously, and by 20% do you mean cooldown reduction?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys I just tried to find a slow motion video to make a witty comment about LoL ganks, and ended up watching a grenade thrown at riot police blowing up in slomo.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

why, why did i watch a liveleak video...

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Guys I just tried to find a slow motion video to make a witty comment about LoL ganks, and ended up watching a grenade thrown at riot police blowing up in slomo.

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.

why, why did i watch a liveleak video...

Link? I'm in the mood of watching fucked up things after i saw baby chickens being grinded alive.

The Earth Spirit Set is $2. Do I buy it?

I just nabbed the bracers since I don't really like Bounch's in that set (they're a little big), but now I kind of feel like I could have waited and got the whole set for the price of the bracers alone.

It might go cheaper, actually it probably will. It's fairly common and ES isn't that popular of a hero.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope Valve adds in a Loading Screen to that Bristle Set, would love that to be in rotation. Surprised more people don't seem to like it, I think its fantastic.

I hope Valve adds in a Loading Screen to that Bristle Set, would love that to be in rotation. Surprised more people don't seem to like it, I think its fantastic.

I think the contributor was probably asked to upload one and never got around to it. I think it's actually required now for sets.

I should have seen this update coming when the Alch set guy uploaded a loading screen last week. You can usually tell now if an older set is being accepted because Valve asks for a loading screen. This is the second time now loading screens have appeared for older sets about a week before a new chest.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What a bunch of No-fun Nate's you guys must be if you want to run a mod like that.

Maybe it's just me but honestly give me more wacky hats, I don't give a shit. Wisp with a top hat, Pudge with a Santa hat, Alpine Ursa, Ice Cream AA, "Gun and Capri Sun" Witch Doctor, whatever. I love it all.

New and novice contributors. This is what the community wanted supposedly.

I like a few of them.

Eh... not so much with this chest as the older one.
2 of the sets in this chest are made by the same person (Magnus and Tidehunter) and he had loads of sets before (Robo).

Cat Drow guy made the Alch set.

Doom guy has a ton of items in game.

This is Centaur guys first set, but he made a Clinkz bow several years ago that got in.

Practically every item the Earth Spirit guy has made is in-game.

Bristleback's contributor is new, but he has a lot of submitted items that I'm surprised are not in yet.

I can't find the Lifestealer set for some reason, but I doubt this was his first rodeo

Chaos Knight guy has a ton of accepted items

Zeth

Eh... not so much with this chest as the older one.
2 of the sets in this chest are made by the same person (Magnus and Tidehunter) and he had loads of sets before (Robo).

Cat Drow guy made the Alch set.

Doom guy has a ton of items in game.

This is Centaur guys first set, but he made a Clinkz bow several years ago that got in.

Practically every item the Earth Spirit guy has made is in-game.

Bristleback's contributor is new, but he has a lot of submitted items that I'm surprised are not in yet.

I can't find the Lifestealer set for some reason, but I doubt this was his first rodeo

Chaos Knight guy has a ton of accepted items

Oh oops. I read something about new contributors very recently and thought it referred to this latest batch. Must have been referencing the older one and maybe upcoming chests.

Acinixys

What a bunch of No-fun Nate's you guys must be if you want to run a mod like that.

Maybe it's just me but honestly give me more wacky hats, I don't give a shit. Wisp with a top hat, Pudge with a Santa hat, Alpine Ursa, Ice Cream AA, "Gun and Capri Sun" Witch Doctor, whatever. I love it all.

This is what you want?

Bikini Pudge?

How does one last hit with SF? I really like him but I have a really hard time last hitting with him until I have about 4-5 souls, which usually takes me almost 2 minutes. I'm trying vs bots but it's really frustrating. Any tips on starting item build or something?

It's not bad, some parts like the demon quotes are plain weird and some parts are just uninteresting. It should maybe be more focused towards a certain aspect of Dota rather than being a jack of all trades.

<3 Waga

Oh oops. I read something about new contributors very recently and thought it referred to this latest batch. Must have been referencing the older one and maybe upcoming chests.

Yes, the Oracle an Pit Lord chests (or whatever their fancy names were) had nearly all new contributors. I think only 2 sets in that chest were from repeat contributors, and even those were only their second set or so.

Wok

Necrophos is pretty tanky in the end game. Close to no damage dealt by the two last towers, and no way to kill him except in 4-5 vs 1.

SOzL9VZ.jpg

bbd23

Update #2:
After contacting Benjaz he told joinDOTA the following:
I was excluded from Revenge days before the qualifier announcement. (Why rejoin them?) It is not for them, I do it for my country that wants to see a Peruvian flag in TI. My team-mates apologised to me. I will give my best and thanks everyone for supporting me."

PERU DOTO IS BACK

Vade

How does one last hit with SF? I really like him but I have a really hard time last hitting with him until I have about 4-5 souls, which usually takes me almost 2 minutes. I'm trying vs bots but it's really frustrating. Any tips on starting item build or something?

I like wraith+pooled tangos but obviously that is not always an option.

Mordeccai

Just played a match of random draft. Enemy team insta locks pudge. I see huskar in the line up and I get to pick next.

huehuehuehue.

Pudge proceeds to die three times within the first five minutes to burning spears harass, leaves lane, lets me get freefarm and tower.

Then he starts crying in all chat, calling me a faggot counter picker, dirty cunt. My favorite line? Eat my balls you dirty nigger. Oh man, the salt, it's so delicious.

Acinixys

Necrophos is pretty tanky in the end game. Close to no damage dealt by the two last towers, and no way to kill him except in 4-5 vs 1.

I like Treads - Mek - Heart - Shivas - Sheep and myabe a BKB/Forcestaff thrown in for good measure

In pubs the aghs upgrade just lets you KS easier because literally no one buys back, at least in my experience

Also, bloodstone is nice but utility is way better. No point having + 30 regen when your team is dead and its you vs 3 and all you have is boots + bloodstone

edit: pic related

UP1VrMs.png

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Update #2:
After contacting Benjaz he told joinDOTA the following:
I was excluded from Revenge days before the qualifier announcement. (Why rejoin them?) It is not for them, I do it for my country that wants to see a Peruvian flag in TI. My team-mates apologised to me. I will give my best and thanks everyone for supporting me."

PERU DOTO IS BACK

Oh god, it'll only feed this:

And talk about its development in Peru, Defense of the Anscients (DotA) , has become the darling of the national user, to the point that the two best American are Peruvian [Cecil and Smash] . So many overseas countries see us as the country with the greatest potential dotero.

http://elcomercio.pe/tecnologia/videojuegos/dota-peru-podria-quedar-sin-equipos-torneo-internacional-noticia-1727547

Chris R

Practice and practice. I've played him mid twice the past week and it was smooth sailing (won once and had a rougher go the second time, still owned mid but the game was lost).

Both times I started with slippers, tango and 3 branches.

Top Bottom