• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Razzer

I like wraith+pooled tangos but obviously that is not always an option.

This is the best option you have for starting items. Learning the aggro tricks to help throw off your opponent will stop them denying as much, hopefully. The struggle for those first few souls is the necessary tradeoff for how easy it is to dominate cs later on in lane.

Chris R

I wish I was in a tier where pooled items were a thing.

Hell, if I could get to a tier where supports would buy a courier and wards 100% of the time before 0:00 I'd be happy :(

docbon

My favorite line? Eat my balls you dirty nigger.

0LeeOBJ.gif

getting enemy players so heated that their brain travels back to the 1950s, is pretty much the best thing ever.

Wok

I wish I was in a tier where pooled items were a thing.

Hell, if I could get to a tier where supports would buy a courier and wards 100% of the time before 0:00 I'd be happy :(

When I play carry, I buy the courier. Hence why I bought Butch.

FACE

Banned
Necrophos is pretty tanky in the end game. Close to no damage dealt by the two last towers, and no way to kill him except in 4-5 vs 1.

http://i.imgur.com/SOzL9VZ.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

With the "amazing" farm both Gyro and PA had that still looks like a long shot, lol.

Holy shit, PA had less than one LH a minute. That's just sad.

Yes, the Oracle an Pit Lord chests (or whatever their fancy names were) had nearly all new contributors. I think only 2 sets in that chest were from repeat contributors, and even those were only their second set or so.

But still, I can see valve trying support the less 'popular' contributors in this new chest. It's not like their items constantly gets accepted, except maybe for Robo and K-PAX.

I'm really glad they are doing this and making experiments with these new types of chests.
The only thing we need now is more communication. It'll surely make the workshop community stronger.

Practice and practice. I've played him mid twice the past week and it was smooth sailing (won once and had a rougher go the second time, still owned mid but the game was lost).

Both times I started with slippers, tango and 3 branches.
I guess. I wouldn't be so frustrated about it but it takes too long for me to get my bottle up, making the lane somewhat harder. It gets really easy about the 4 minute mark though.

FACE

Banned
How does one last hit with SF? I really like him but I have a really hard time last hitting with him until I have about 4-5 souls, which usually takes me almost 2 minutes. I'm trying vs bots but it's really frustrating. Any tips on starting item build or something?

Get a wraith band.

Razzer

Guys, I'm trying to watch Liquid vs NAR but Zyori is draining my life force. Every sentence takes off several seconds from my life expectancy.

who is pyrion flax and why is he popular?
He made silly youtube videos with bad drawings in paint with his goofy voice that became a hit. He got an announcer in the game and now does stuff from time to time with the gd studio and dreamleague. He'll be doing some of the TI4 qualifiers as well.

Basically just a community comedian.

myrares

Banned
He made silly youtube videos with bad drawings in paint with his goofy voice that became a hit. He got an announcer in the game and now does stuff from time to time with the gd studio and dreamleague. He'll be doing some of the TI4 qualifiers as well.

thanks, was wondering what was the deal since I didn't find him funny

thanks, was wondering what was the deal since I didn't find him funny
He's not for everyone and his shtick is pretty one note, but I like him in small doses from time to time. Luckily that's what we get from him because he has kids and stuff so he really can't dedicate that much time to the scene.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why does everyone seem to dislike him? I've only heard him a few times.

I'll just quote my thoughts from a few pages back:
Cause zyori says the stupidest shit I've ever heard and Merlini has to be like the nanny trying to teach the toddler how to take a shit and wipe his ass.

I take it back, ryoboritz isn't the worst caster. Zyori is basically the new lumi aka the news pundit hack of dota, a caster that feels obligated to say dumb
antagonizing shit to be "trendy" and "controversial."

merlini: "shit I forgot how hard ET counters morph, morph literally has 0 armor for the entire game."
zyori: "yeah! sometimes the titan counters the morph, but sometimes the morph counters the titan!"
such analysis wow amaze

i actually think merlini might be a comedic genius by doing to zyori what zyori does to the players/game.

I'll add another quote:
"wow why would they pick ursa here??? lifestealer is so much better in every way."
*Ursa proceeds to secure first and second blood 10 seconds into the game with two big aoe earthshocks
*Ursa ends up going something like 20-1, completely melting the enemy team, three shotting morphling with ET aura

And then after all this, he actually has the balls to say, "I still standby my previous predictions, this is a new SNA team we're seeing, this is something totally different, that's why I didn't expect this!"

Sliver

ZYORI: "Nobody kills towers quite like Tiny." Aaaaand muted.

It's not that it's particularly stupid, which it is, but it's just such a garbage and nonsense thing to say.

Acinixys

What

Hes easily the best caster

Doom picked: "ALL HAIL SATAN"

Skab

I keep getting bad stutter/lag when I play lately, but my connection seems fine and it isn't happening in other games. Something up with the Dota servers or am I just getting some weird graphics lag/something wrong with my system?

"He walks right into a Sentry ward..."

because what is a Necro unit, right?

I keep getting bad stutter/lag when I play lately, but my connection seems fine and it isn't happening in other games. Something up with the Dota servers or am I just getting some weird graphics lag/something wrong with my system?

Satch is having the same issue and I was having an issue like that maybe a week and a half ago. I'm not sure what changed to stop it. I think it was the band I was using on my router, but idk. Check your ping in game when it happens. Mine would spike from 70ms up to 600ms and sit there for awhile before coming back down.

I listened to him a lot when he was doing that audio only dota radio thing.

I think he always feels the need to say something, no matter it's accuracy or importance, just to fill the air.

So yeah you get a lot of nonsense and flat out wrong things but at this point my brain has been trained to just filter out most of what he says.

Sibylus

Banned
I'll just quote my thoughts from a few pages back:

I'll add another quote:
"wow why would they pick ursa here??? lifestealer is so much better in every way."
*Ursa proceeds to secure first and second blood 10 seconds into the game with two big aoe earthshocks
*Ursa ends up going something like 20-1, completely melting the enemy team, three shotting morphling with ET aura

And then after all this, he actually has the balls to say, "I still standby my previous predictions, this is a new SNA team we're seeing, this is something totally different, that's why I didn't expect this!"
Coincidentally this was the VOD I just loaded up. I'm leaving the sound on for Merlini dishing out comeuppance and pretty much nothing else.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What Stream/Game is all the hate on?

And saying wrong things is one part that really sucks being as a caster, you want to try to avoid dead time as much as possible to keep flow up and every mistake you KNOW you made it's worse to go back and correct it most of the times because it completely ruins flow.

ggggggg

Top Bottom