• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Gowans

Nope had a game and all that was shown at the start was the levels of people.

No boosts in effect.

Is there also a team boost?

Draskyl sounds a bit silly saying that Kotl can't get an aghs early on, especially since 1437 got one in 17 minutes yesterday in a game that was relatively even at that point.

Mohasus

Nope had a game and all that was shown at the start was the levels of people.

No boosts in effect.

Is there also a team boost?

15% for any other players with a level 1 compendium.

i played and there was no indication it was active :(

Also...seriously it says you get everything right away...

Check the rewards page, it should say if you have the bonus. I had to complete some tasks like choosing a favorite team and player to level up.

dorkimoe

15% for any other players with a level 1 compendium.

Check the rewards page, it should say if you have the bonus. I had to complete some tasks like choosing a favorite team and player to level up.

i'm level 26, i should have the 275% one, but i just played and it had 0 indications

no ingame indicator, they should fix that

also the 2nd style for the bird...i dont have multiple styles yet..i assume its just gonna all come at once

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Just think guys, if we had this amount of prize growth last year we'd all have been playing Techies months ago.

kvk1

It was at this point last year that I got infatuated with this game.

Seeing already that everything is getting doubly bigger...man, TI is magical.

Really curious as to how big the player base will be by the end of this year.

Ketch

Do you think they realize how popular their game is? They must, they're not dumb. But, it feels like they limit their time/resources spent on development when they could just go whole ham and the game's popularity would go nuclear.... I guess maybe it's already there, and they're so rich that they don't care.

Like the compendium stretch goals are pretty sick, but a lot of them are just "we'll add more features to the game!" Which seems like a weird stretch goal because you'd think they'd be doing that stuff anyway because the game will only get bigger by adding features etc... But maybe making the most popular game on the planet is not their goal.

It was at this point last year that I got infatuated with this game.

Seeing already that everything is getting doubly bigger...man, TI is magical.

Really curious as to how big the player base will be by the end of this year.

Same, I watched TI1 but I didn't understand fuck all about Dota back then, for some reason I really loved watching it despite not knowing what was going on. Then came along TI3 and I actually got into the game, wanting to understand how it works and watch more of the competitive scene.

Dota never burns me out, every game is different, every hero is different, you could play it for thousands of hours and still not know most of the game and even still be shit.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ah, I see I'm not alone in battle point boosters not working past level 1 or w/e. Lame.

I can't see the spots for the arcana vote or pick qualifiers either, lol.

Arol

In on the same boat with the guy that posted earlier. I can't choose teams from the qualifiers.

I'm assuming it's just borked for now unless there's something else I need to do?

And yeah I clicked on every page

Razzer

Do you think they realize how popular their game is? They must, they're not dumb. But, it feels like they limit their time/resources spent on development when they could just go whole ham and the game's popularity would go nuclear.... I guess maybe it's already there, and they're so rich that they don't care.

Like the compendium stretch goals are pretty sick, but a lot of them are just "we'll add more features to the game!" Which seems like a weird stretch goal because you'd think they'd be doing that stuff anyway because the game will only get bigger by adding features etc... But maybe making the most popular game on the planet is not their goal.

I think that because they have no shareholders to divide their riches between, whilst money is a priority, it's not the only priority. Instead of making a super large community/playerbase super fast, they would rather slowly cultivate a really good community, as they did with TF2 and counter strike, which they have gone back to improving with GO. And it shows, as there are plenty of people constantly doing really cool things on YouTube, twitch, modding etc. And eventually that will get to huge numbers anyway.

kvk1

Same, I watched TI1 but I didn't understand fuck all about Dota back then, for some reason I really loved watching it despite not knowing what was going on. Then came along TI3 and I actually got into the game, wanting to understand how it works and watch more of the competitive scene.

Dota never burns me out, every game is different, every hero is different, you could play it for thousands of hours and still not know most of the game and even still be shit.

Absolutely. Agreed on everything.

I can just imagine a sweet helmet for Wraith King that makes his face into sort of a green Skeleton King and changes his fingers to be green and boney.

Still a Wraith, but with that added touch of classic.

You know it in your hearts to vote Wraith King for Arcana.

Swig_

Does anyone know if you can reroll your random heroes an infinite amount of times, or just once? I kind of want to re-roll, but I'm kind of happy with the group I got as well.

Ketch

Yeah but how do you pick a team? I can't drag anything and clicking on them doesn't seem to do anything?

Pretty sure you don't... I think that's just where the winners show up once they're over.

Def. voting WK arcana just for the slim chance if the return of skeleton king.

They changed Tiny's slots? What happened to one slot for every form + tree?

having his arm, torso, other arm and head be different slots seems a lot harder for contributors and would make Tiny look ridiculous if you mix and match.

Nymerio

rofl what's with the applause in the dreamleague stream?
Ol6gO3y.png
//

Top Bottom