• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Mordeccai

I'm convinced solo queing is the the equivalent of one of the rings of hell.

Dazzle and slardar lane bottom manages to feed a fucking solo offlane phoenix a double first blood before two creep waves spawn. Then they each die FOUR more times (0-5 for each of these assholes) before 10 minutes, despite mid going to gank the lane.

Not even my amazing ogre magi RNG could do anything that game. It was over in 20 minutes. What a thoroughly unpleasant ass beating, all because of feeding teammates.

kasane

Dazzle and slardar lane bottom manages to feed a fucking solo offlane phoenix a double first blood before two creep waves spawn. Then they each die FOUR more times (0-5 for each of these assholes) before 10 minutes, despite mid going to gank the lane.

Not even my amazing ogre magi RNG could do anything that game. It was over in 20 minutes. What a thoroughly unpleasant ass beating, all because of feeding teammates.

at least your support didn't block your jungle cause its " hurting the team "

Kioshen

So I finally started my online adventures in DOTA. It's going to be a long road ahead :-(. In two matches, 4 people disconnected and the second one it was two on the opposite side yet we barely managed to win. I tried to keep ward coverage as much as possible but against a fed mirana, invoker and pa ... it was an uphill battle. *sigh*

1/10 heroes done for the compendium.

I guess it's a bad idea to say that you're trying a hero you're not comfortable with because of the compendium.

Despite having the most kills, least deaths and second highest GPM on our team, I was the whipping boy for my last game

Please, please someone explain to me how you are supposed to deal with a Bristleback on the other team. Everytime I have to go up against one they just crush my whole team. You can't fight him because the passive and quills will kill you, but if you ignore him and focus someone else he just runs around stacking quills and bashing people with his ult. What do you do?

Indignate

Just did my first solo queue and I've never had a poorer match. I usually queue with a couple of friends who have been playing way longer than me so I stay out of the lower level pits, but jeez it was nothing but report this, commend me, newb callouts, and generic racist comments.

I was playing Wraith King and the Sand King who was supporting me kept sand storming the lane, pushing it and getting last hits. After I "stole" a kill from him, he told me that he was going to report me and all that usual stuff. Other stupid things happened, then our Shadow Shaman quit because he didn't get the Aegis even though he "helped to kill it," and just stood in fountain while reporting everyone. He then got disconnected cuz he wasn't aware of the time-out. It was funny because he was the one who was telling the team to stop fighting and that it was just a game. Four total disconnects, and after thirty minutes we just got steamed-rolled by their Drow, Sniper, and Void.

So yeah, never doing that again.

inkls

Please, please someone explain to me how you are supposed to deal with a Bristleback on the other team. Everytime I have to go up against one they just crush my whole team. You can't fight him because the passive and quills will kill you, but if you ignore him and focus someone else he just runs around stacking quills and bashing people with his ult. What do you do?

doom disables his bristleback as well as pretty much all his kit. Shadow Shaman and lion's transform abilities do so as well.

RS4-

doom disables his bristleback as well as pretty much all his kit. Shadow Shaman and lion's transform abilities do so as well.

Bane too. I don't think the SS/Lion hex disables the BB stuff though.

4 down, 6 to go. Oh yeah, had a game where NS refused to pick up runes or gank, and an ember that had 1 point into SoF, he maxed out everything else first. Christ.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Prettty much you're on the money. I've been only support recently and i get a single win every 3 losses since my carries cant carry shit. I'm still gonna play support dammit to see if something changes.

I must be the only person in the world actually happy I have Earth Spirit in my Compendium hero challenge

He's a good hero to me and I've sort of gotten used to his quirks and nerfs. It's not like the old days of an easy win, but he's still a decent hero.

And I have Mirana in my pool and have no idea how I'm going to win that one, and that's a hero everyone seems to be good at...

bounchfx

finished my second hero of the compendium ones, leshrac this time. It's been forever since I've tried him, but dang, he was pretty fun. Except the ult, that didn't seem to do anything... lol

laning with Sven was perfect though, he tosses out his stun and I follow with mine, we melted faces pretty easy. Also didn't realize how good his E ability was. Scored a double kill without even noticing. :x

I have this feeling the loading screens are just going to be high res old hero splash art and the art from the Steam cards.

Which is fine, that's nice art, but I don't see them making like 100 of these things as unique drawings because they're giving them out like candy in the compendium.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys, get on this person's level.

VSPWNDu.jpg

Mordeccai

Can somebody explain Unrefined Fireblast to me that you get with scepter on Ogre? The mana cost was going all over the place in my game. From like 800, to 100, and all in between. What the hell?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Can somebody explain Unrefined Fireblast to me that you get with scepter on Ogre? The mana cost was going all over the place in my game. From like 800, to 100, and all in between. What the hell?

It's 60% of your current total mana. So if your mana-pool is at 100 out of 1000, it will only cost 60 to use. However, if you're at full mana, it'll cost 600.

Quesa

It's 60% of your current mana. If you have 1000 it's 600, if you have five mana it's three. Keep in mind it's current and not total, so you will always be able to cast it.

Mordeccai

Ohhhh awesome, thanks guys. So basically you dont want to use it right away and save it until you're lower on mana.

Is aghs worth it on ogre? I was snowballing pretty hard which is the only reason I got it. Veil shenanigans led to much farm.

ink4n3

4 heroes down for the compendium challenge. I think I'll repick when i have naga left. I can't play her if my life depended on it.

Valve's got a busy week ahead implementing all these rewards. Hopefully they hit monday and they don't make us wait around long for them.

I need my 5 immortals and 115 loading screens or whatever absurd amount I'm getting for level 55.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Valve's got a busy week ahead implementing all these rewards. Hopefully they hit monday and they don't make us wait around long for them.

I need my 5 immortals and 115 loading screens or whatever absurd amount I'm getting for level 55.

5 Immortal Sets and I think 9 loading screens.

Quesa

did you just buy points? how are people leveling up so fast

if you buy an aghs on ogre, you should also get a soul ring and arcanes. so you can f > uf > sr > f > uf > ab > f > uf > sr > f > uf (before lvl 16, you can get more unrefined fireblasts between the regular fireblasts)

i like going brown boots > euls > tranquils ever since they changed tranquils though. max q and e first, and then you don't have to go base and roam with like 5000 ms. also a good gem holder, you can use euls if people try focusing you and since you're supposed to just stay in the back with a ton of hp and decent armor, you probably escape

if i'm doing well, i buy a dagon after the tranquils and use it after a good multicast. or buy a linkens for more regen, shielding either the carry or helping me escape people trying to kill me for the gem. hex and veil are good too. aghs is ok after the linkens or the hex

i don't think the aghs upgrade on ogre is good enough. shadow shaman, lich, lion etc all get super powers and you basically have to burn a ton of mana for just another disable. if you have a lot of mana regen (euls, linkens) or burst mana (soul ring, arcane), it works. but the problem is that the sr + arcanes build gives you no mobility and no survivability, which means you're a terrible roamer. and with the other build, you'd get it pretty late

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
yo 109

is dagon legit on ES? Or just when you're snowballing?
Helps you keep your kill potential up if your team is garbage and the other team is garbage.

Sometimes you just need to kill supports the entire game so w/e. Usually I get Shivas instead or Hex.

Hupsel

Man such a hard and tense 60+ minute game with Renoir. Im going mid with TA and he does LC. Our team has Lifestealer, Chaos Knight and Elder Titan. Game starts okay, even though I have to face a viper and veno and they hate my refraction charges. I get to face a Mirana mid, okay... not bad. First ten minutes our team does well, I get some ganks and go up 7-1 (with TA I either get a ton of kills or get steamrolled)... then...
...then...
...then our Lifestealer reveals himself a troll, buys gem and stays in base, start complaining and we have to mute him. We lose all our towers (only get one top) and the east barracks are gone. We hold our own till our late carries get better, I finally get a deso, daedalus, bkb, etc... then we go in get their ancient after two tries.
Big comeback... maybe the first real comeback I had playing this game.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/653690990

finished my second hero of the compendium ones, leshrac this time. It's been forever since I've tried him, but dang, he was pretty fun. Except the ult, that didn't seem to do anything... lol

laning with Sven was perfect though, he tosses out his stun and I follow with mine, we melted faces pretty easy. Also didn't realize how good his E ability was. Scored a double kill without even noticing. :x

That added slow is brutal.

dmshaposv

Can anyone tell me where can we vote for the arcana?

Like I can't find it anywhere on the compendium. I checked every single page. No its not on the page with the qualifiers predictions.

Where is it? A screencap of it would be helpful. I almost feel that the compendium is buggy and some stuff isn't updated/working properly for some people.

Hupsel

Can anyone tell me where can we vote for the arcana?

Like I can't find it anywhere on the compendium. I checked every single page. No its not on the page with the qualifiers predictions.

Where is it? A screencap of it would be helpful. I almost feel that the compendium is buggy and some stuff isn't updated/working properly for some people.

not up yet.

Anteo

I'm pretty sure it just adds an item to your inventory that you have to activate, so yes?

Do you have one? I have one friend that wants to give away, but he tells me he didnt get an item to activate unlike last year. So he is unsure about buying a second compendium if he wont be able to give it away.

Edit: I just checked the market and people are selling those so I guess you can give them away.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How high can you get a compendium without spending money on the stupid points? I mean like not including the 25 pointers that drop in game. It doesn't seem the actual interactive stuff within (like predictions, watching games, collecting player cards, etc) accounts for very much exp compared to how high the thing goes from just dropping another $10 in it, if I'm reading it right.

Top Bottom