• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

shira

How high can you get a compendium without spending money on the stupid points? I mean like not including the 25 pointers that drop in game. It doesn't seem the actual interactive stuff within (like predictions, watching games, collecting player cards, etc) accounts for very much exp compared to how high the thing goes from just dropping another $10 in it, if I'm reading it right.

Without luck and minimal participation(one offering every week) you can only get 1800 points

If you can predict things thats an extra 15,000 points.

Can anyone tell me where can we vote for the arcana?

Like I can't find it anywhere on the compendium. I checked every single page. No its not on the page with the qualifiers predictions.

Where is it? A screencap of it would be helpful. I almost feel that the compendium is buggy and some stuff isn't updated/working properly for some people.
heyyouguys,
I found a preview of the treant arcana
200px-Prophet_Treant_Portrait.png

and it has a alternate form
256px-Call_of_the_Dendrochron.png

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Without luck and minimal participation(one offering every week) you can only get 1800 points

If you can predict things thats an extra 15,000 points.

Ok, so basically time to give Valve some more money.

dmshaposv

As much as an idea of a Pudge arcana bores me (different animations, different rot color, icons, basically everything covered by that legendary set) the idea of an invoker arcana is actually somewhat exciting.

It would be very cool if Valve actually makes each of his 14 spells look different than vanilla invoker. Also, Depending on the invoker build you are going (QE or QW), your appearance changes and so do the color of your spells?

There is potential of something really cool with invoker at least. I hope the community votes for him, and he is a popular enough hero.

Gowans

I'm going to be playing so much dota over the next couple of months/

I'm thinking about a thread where we can coach and support gaffers who want to learn it.

Anyone else down before I make a thread?

I'm going to be playing so much dota over the next couple of months/

I'm thinking about a thread where we can coach and support gaffers who want to learn it.

Anyone else down before I make a thread?

why would another thread be needed? that is (or rather, it should be) the point of this thread

Nymerio

This is weird. I'm thinking of starting to play more solo queue games. I just can't take the constant whining from the people I usually play with. Every damn small thing gets whined about. AA missing an ult? OMG this AA, what a shitty ult. Zeus using his global? OMG fucking zeus kill stealer. Dying under the enemy tower? Where was everyone?! When we went back like a minute ago and I even said so on teamspeak. No understanding of objectives whatsoever. We move to push another lane because we obviously can't break base yet -> Where is everyone going? Why do you go back?

At least in solo queue I can just mute them. Or I don't even understand them. Whatever.

:(

Lotto

Dota 2: A game of davais and throws
Also, any idea of what kind of emoticons are going to be added?

Grey Face (no space)

Really though, probably the Dota pixel emoticons they use for the minimap but that would be too easy. I'm hoping for just some new basic smileys.

Was simultaneously trying to grind through my 7 remaining calibration matches and the 10 compendium heroes, because why the hell not. Saw a good opportunity to offlane BH, ended up against a sandking/crystal maiden dual lane. They bought sentries but kept spamming CM ice blast and sandstorm and I was basically last-hitting under the tower til level 6, only killed me once by diving the T1 and placing a sentry right underneath the tower (lol). Then once I started roaming and my team got tons of track gold we just stomped them.

After the game, CM types in all chat "noob gondar I owned you", when she killed me once in lane and never managed to land a single spell on me for the rest of the game. Solo Ranked is a hilarious place.

EDIT: 4-stacks shouldn't be allowed in this game. You either have to carry them to victory by playing way better than all of them, or they'll whine and complain about everything you do for the entire game, when mathematically you're probably a higher MMR than half their stack. Either get a 5th friend or just stop subjecting a series of strangers to your bullshit. /rant

Nymerio

Uh no offense but your teammates sound like the same assholes you find in solo queue and I don't know why you're playing with them.

None taken. I don't know either. They're great guys apart from that and it hasn't always been that bad. I don't even know what changed, it's just that I get really annoyed when they call out people for stuff they probably couldn't have pulled of themselves or whine about mistakes they themselves make and ignore their own mistakes.

None taken. I don't know either. They're great guys apart from that and it hasn't always been that bad. I don't even know what changed, it's just that I get really annoyed when they call out people for stuff they probably couldn't have pulled of themselves or whine about mistakes they themselves make and ignore their own mistakes.
Sounds like they might take the game too seriously. Maybe you could try and get them to settle down and have more fun with the game rather than thinking only the win matters. If you're not having fun there really is no point in playing.

dmshaposv

I have razor and Shadow Fiend in my list of 10 heroes to play.

Im pretty shit at razor. Get blown up really fast. I do mostly ok in early/mid game then sort of drop off. What items should I get for this guy?

Shadow friend. I should probably mass build low armor items. Presence of the dark lord + Deso + AC + shadow blade = ez kills, amirite? See all the pub kids stomp this way.

Nymerio

Sounds like they might take the game too seriously. Maybe you could try and get them to settle down and have more fun with the game rather than thinking only the win matters. If you're not having fun there really is no point in playing.

That's probably a part of it. Another thing is that our individual skill levels are all over the place and some of them may be overestimating themselves. The one guy we usually play with is notorious for overstaying his welcome during pushes, often forgets TPs, loves to suicide defend towers but whines about other players mistakes. I know I'm not great at the game and when someone misses the ulti on a hero I played maybe once, I don't cry bitter tears because he misses it. I don't get it why they do this to themselves, the constant bitching and moaning isn't helping anyway and just drags everything down.

Enough venting though, can't wait for ingame emoticons
EKhNF9P.png

Ultimatum

Banned
I like blink bkb satanic daedalus rapier

compendium is slowing down a lot now, will be lucky to hit 4 mil

give us more incentives, not tricking people into buying shitty sets

There's almost no point in getting AC for SF. The attack speed and armor you can get more efficiently with agi items(also his own late game base armor is decent by itself so it doesn't need even more), so the only extra it gives you is an aura for your teammates and minus armor for enemies. You can spend a comparable amount of gold and get a Daedalus or a Butterfly, which would both have much more of an effect.

AC is mostly for carry strength heroes that profit a lot from the armor and AS.

dmshaposv

I like blink bkb satanic daedalus rapier

compendium is slowing down a lot now, will be lucky to hit 4 mil

give us more incentives, not tricking people into buying shitty sets

I think it will slow down considerably after 3.2mill. Once people cross the bench mark where they can get immortal hats, traders are much less interested in other stuff like base customization e.t.c.

The later goals aren't especially enticing.

Wok

Wanted to do some comparison data. Lol.

uoMErbZ.png

The whale economy in visuals:
  • allow each player to buy one compendium, you get a low slope because few players spend money in the game
  • allow each player to buy a compendium and upgrade it with no roof, you get an impressive amount of money in no time because a small percentage of the few players mentioned above spend an incredible amount of money, which allows to sustain the game development and to make the game free to play for everyone else
Basically, the whales pay for everyone, and last year's compendium was not targeting the whales, but this year, it is.

I think it will slow down considerably after 3.2mill. Once people cross the bench mark where they can get immortal hats, traders are much less interested in other stuff like base customization e.t.c.

The later goals aren't especially enticing.

It looks like it. The slope is low now. One thing Valve could have done differently is distribute a higher percentage to the prize pool after level 100.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The whale economy in visuals:

Considering the game has doubled in size and people have experience with the compendiums you can't just say this, you'd need to see a breakdown of the money to make any real comment on whales being the reason.

Wok

Considering the game has doubled in size and people have experience with the compendiums you can't just say this, you'd need to see a breakdown of the money to make any real comment on whales being the reason.

If the number of players had doubled, well, the slope has far more than doubled. What is going on there is pretty obvious.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If the number of players had doubled, well, the slope has far more than doubled. What is going on there is pretty obvious.

The player numbers have doubled and people know the value of compendiums, last time it was a complete unknown and now people have seen what they get.

The ability to level your compendium is bringing in extra, but you would need to see the data to make any real conclusion.

dmshaposv

Maybe if Valve had promised a Pudge arcana instead of the courier thing at 4 mill, Russian hat barons might've pushed the prize pool to that.

I think we'll eventually cap to just under or at 3.9 mill.

G.ZZZ

Void too heavy hero for me goddamn. Both games best farmer in game even i'm in the shittiest lane matchup (solo vs ranged they told me void ez) and every other lane lose. Better go back to huskar.

Top Bottom