• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Ultimatum

Banned
rubick arcana leaked

rqqlZ5N.jpg

People are really underestimating the fact that Dota players have doubled since TI3.

I say it'll hit 6 million in a week thanks to Whales and the fact that China Dota 2 is out of beta.

Madouu

I think so and we are already past that, impressive.

I have razor and Shadow Fiend in my list of 10 heroes to play.

Im pretty shit at razor. Get blown up really fast. I do mostly ok in early/mid game then sort of drop off. What items should I get for this guy?

Razor is one of my favorite heroes, he's one of the best to turn ganks around if you know your limits with him. I think Treads>Aquila>Aghanims are core on him, from there you can build whatever your team needs, utility (pipe, sheep) or damage or even more survivability. You can often just stand your ground against two heroes with good use of static link and ult, especially when you get that aghanims scepter, an item that is also great for pushing towers and buildings really fast as long as you get it early. A lot of people go mek on Razor, I see how he can profit from it but I personally dislike it since it delays your ags by so much and you need it online asap in most situations. Razor will generally drop off in the later stages of the game, so he shouldn't be regarded as a number one position but more of a tempo controller/pusher in my opinion.

Also, I miss corrupted disciple :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Pretty hard for me to imagine the prize pool going much higher than 4 million. The growth will surely have to plateau off sometime soon.

Unless Valve adds more stretch goals, like techies or something. Then who knows.

Arkanius

Witch Doctor and Zeus done.
The rest are all sleazy carries that I'm afraid I might not be able to win with.

And I suck with Timbersaw

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Honestly why is everybody so apprehensive about playing with certain heroes? Haven't you won a game with every hero at this point?

Zeknurn

Has there been any indication if they plan on bringing back the compendium matches? I really liked playing pub games with drafts that weren't incredibly stupid and it would be great if they brought it back but with more potential matchups for the variation.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I made a point of playing with every hero in my first couple hundred games personally. I know there's plenty of people with limited game time but aside from that I don't see the big deal. The only hero I'd be at all worried about would be wisp.

Randdalf

Honestly why is everybody so apprehensive about playing with certain heroes? Haven't you won a game with every hero at this point?

There are certain heroes you need to have the right key bindings for (mainly micro heroes) and there are also certain heroes that have a combo with their skills you need to know how to pull off.

Wok

I made a point of playing with every hero in my first couple hundred games personally. I know there's plenty of people with limited game time but aside from that I don't see the big deal. The only hero I'd be at all worried about would be wisp.

Well, I had to learn the game mechanics first, so I had to stick with the same support hero for about a hundred of matches. I did try Anti-mage and Alchemist before playing Lich, but I ended up feeding.

Edit: I have just checked and I have played Lich 133 times out of my first 154 matches.

Apparently I've never won with KOTL and Timber but it's all cool because they aren't my challenge heroes and I've got a 100% win rate from my 1 match with Earth Spirit so I'm sure that will be a breeze.

inkls

I thought hex no longer did that? Or only sheepstick?

Bane too. I don't think the SS/Lion hex disables the BB stuff though.

4 down, 6 to go. Oh yeah, had a game where NS refused to pick up runes or gank, and an ember that had 1 point into SoF, he maxed out everything else first. Christ.

hex disables damage block and evasion, so no bristleback damage block.

RS4-

7 games, 25 CP dropped once lol.

I think I've got 6 off the list. Slark, Wraith, Ench, and Sven left.

@inkls, ah thanks.

dmshaposv

If valve were greedy as fuck, they'd probably put techies as the 6 million goal.
It would probably work too.

My only issue is that Base customization as 6 mil goal isn't as exciting.

In other news, when will they patch in the Dubai server? playing on EU East/West and US East always is a mixed bag of ping. To actually have a server where you live is awesome.

Will never play on SEA and Russia though. Fuck that.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
If valve were greedy as fuck, they'd probably put techies as the 6 million goal.
It would probably work too.

My only issue is that Base customization as 6 mil goal isn't as exciting.

In other news, when will they patch in the Dubai server? playing on EU East/West and US East always is a mixed bag of ping. To actually have a server where you live is awesome.

Will never play on SEA and Russia though. Fuck that.

Hard to say. The same goal couldn't get us to 3.2mil last year. But the base is bigger and everyone wants Techies, so who knows.

Lucifon

So now we've hit the immortal treasure goal does anyone know what the deal is with them? What they contain? Does anyone have them yet?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So now we've hit the immortal treasure goal does anyone know what the deal is with them? What they contain? Does anyone have them yet?

Nobody has them, they don't exist yet. They will eventually exist. They will be new, not previously existing, immortal items. Possibly full immortal sets according to some people. We don't really know anything else.

Lucifon

Nobody has them, they don't exist yet. They will eventually exist. They will be new, not previously existing, immortal items. Possibly full immortal sets according to some people. We don't really know anything else.

Any idea when they'll arrive?

Top Bottom