• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lost to Medusa Mid as Ember.

GG time to uninstall

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mix of being tired so playing poorly and doing the wrong build because I've never seen this matchup before.

(Went Bolas/Sleight instead of Bolas/Shield)

I successfully did the Arteezy Radient block though, so thats something.

xanavi

Mix of being tired so playing poorly and doing the wrong build because I've never seen this matchup before.

(Went Bolas/Sleight instead of Bolas/Shield)

I successfully did the Arteezy Radient block though, so thats something.

Why Bolas/Shield rather than Bolas/Sleight?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Why Bolas/Shield rather than Bolas/Sleight?

against slow heroes without a reliable escape, 3-1-3 is the way to go IMO; u just walk up to them and they pretty much die, and you only need 1 in sleight as a finisher

SoF dodging projectiles is sometimes more difficult than people realize; in dota 2 projectiles will follow you through invulnerability and unless they actually connect with you, they won't be cancelled. So if you sleight midway through a projectile and jump between targets, the projectile will follow you during your sleight path, and you better hope it connects at some point or it will come back and fck you post-sleight. sometimes it's bout dem rng gods

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SoF dodging projectiles is sometimes more difficult than people realize; in dota 2 projectiles will follow you through invulnerability and unless they actually connect with you, they won't be cancelled.
Spoken like a true Ember picker. APOLOGIST.

Shinypogs

First off fuck Zeus, barely winning a fight with storm spirit and then dying a second later is the worst feeling ever. I know he's not really op and he only got me once the whole game but still.

Secondly, I will go back to Sandking but him being tied to my worst loss streak thus far is not encouraging. I'm not in the mood to mess with him right now but I will look up how to jungle properly with him though for the future.

Finally, holy fuck Lina is fun when she gets rolling. I'm mildly concerned about potentially being asked to go mid more often though. It's ridiculously stressful and I have no idea why people want it so much.

Also I really need to stop having tunnel vision in regards to items I'm buying.

I still love this game, even though every time I feel like I'm making progress I realize a whole new set of mistakes I am making.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why do I see high tier players midas creeps with low HP late game if they are just pushing a lane out? Wouldn't you wanna midas a high hp creep to push it out faster?

Karakand

Finally, holy fuck Lina is fun when she gets rolling. I'm mildly concerned about potentially being asked to go mid more often though. It's ridiculously stressful and I have no idea why people want it so much.

i find solo lanes less stressful because i only have to worry about myself

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Valve thinks this is good matchmaking?

VMFXc0Y.png

Ultimatum

Banned
Valve thinks this is good matchmaking?

VMFXc0Y.png

the average MMRs are 5407 vs 5529 so it's not that bad. The only problem here is that there aren't enough people in that MMR range, so it's not as fair as it would be in an ideal world, but that's not a fault of the matchmaking system.

LiQuid!

the average MMRs are 5407 vs 5529 so it's not that bad. The only problem here is that there aren't enough people in that MMR range, so it's not as fair as it would be in an ideal world, but that's not a fault of the matchmaking system.

The average is one thing but Radiant's lowest player is 800 lower than Dire's lowest player, and its highest is 400 lower. That's a pretty gross discrepancy from position to position.

I'm willfully ignoring the fact that Bulldog was on a smurf and is normally like 6300+, so in actuality they probably evened out (and despite the score difference they almost ratted their way to a win), but just looking at the numbers it looks like a joke. I can see that being an issue with potential player pool at that level tho. That reasoning makes sense.

ViviOggi

The average is one thing but Radiant's lowest player is 800 lower than Dire's lowest player, and its highest is 400 lower. That's a pretty gross discrepancy from position to position.

I'm willfully ignoring the fact that Bulldog was on a smurf and is normally like 6300+, so in actuality they probably evened out (and despite the score difference they almost ratted their way to a win), but just looking at the numbers it looks like a joke. I can see that being an issue with potential player pool at that level tho. That reasoning makes sense.

The issue here is Bulldog queueing with Sheever, there's more than a 1,3k discrepancy between their MMRs. Needless to say Sheever is really more on the level of a high 3k player which influenced the game's outcome, but it is what it is. Unless Valve introduces limits to parties this will keep happening.

It's based off the total MMR of the team added together. Working as intended.

Based on the amount of people in this MMR range, total players online etc this is literally the best option you will get without having a 30 minute queue, parties are the biggest problem that the MM system has to deal with.

Anybody else feel Undying is waaaay underpowered at the moment? He's not even close to being somewhat decent. I got 64 games with him and he helped me get out of the trench because people would dive me in the laning stage over and over again but he just feels so lacklustre now.

Ultimatum

Banned
What do you expect?

the korean scene isn't great, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be. mvp hot6 had to use their old roster to play in the tournament and it was horrible. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but I see higher level play in hylian's infinite road to 4k games

LiQuid!

Sheever has a higher MM than me T_T

time to uninstall

Her solo MMR (when she doesn't have Bulldog carrying her) is only like 3500, but yes, this shit still keeps me up at night.

Kade

Sheever is a cute babe and that's the extent of the intel I've gathered on her throughout my cognizance of her existence. I also heard she was bad at the game but I don't know. Anyways, my Dota break is almost over but I might extend it. Maybe I should extend that to a posting break. Later.

Top Bottom