• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

inkls

Maybe if TB gets added to CM we'll see a TB carry with an offlane/jungle bloodseeker that maxes bloodrage but otherwise I don't see bloodseeker offering the utility of a nyx, clock or batrider.

Doubt he'd be picked for just his silence vs a tb, way better stuns silence from other heroes.

RE: Bloodseeker

Mid: Doesn't have enough impact for either a ganker (NS, TA, Storm), or hard enough scaling for a carry (OD, Naga)
Safe: Just not a very hard carry at all. If you're going to give one of your heroes as much farm as possible, it sure wouldn't be Bloodseeker
Suicide: He doesn't have the sturdiness and mobility (DS, Timber) to survive a suicide without a partner
Jungle: Slowish, and again, not enough impact. Can't pressure/push lanes like the creep dominators, can't explode like Lycan, doesn't have a magic bullet like Doom.

He's an okay hero in a vacuum but at the moment he does no one single thing well enough to warrant picking him over anyone else that can play the same role. I think his main problem, design wise, is that he has a ganker's toolkit but a farmer's laning, which just dilutes what he's supposed to be good at, rendering him less effective overall than all of his competition.

I'd say its an accurate assessment. Would you consider him somewhat like a jack of all trades, master of none? He's alright at many things, which can be good in pubs where teams vary widly, but in a competitive environment, where things are organized, he's outclassed? So niche at best/until someone comes out with something.

It feels like he's not reliant on items, but he needs levels, damage from thirst/bloodrage/rupture can help him get kills with little to no items.

So what is the counter? Just not get hit until you are sure you can burst him down and then run at him instead of running away? Because you are right, it seems to proc WAY too much, and then when you think you are away and safe -> Assassinate. Laning against him sucks some times when I'm on a squishy hero.

NyxNyxNyx...

Radiance Naga really needs a nerf. Are there any other heroes where a single item will win you game no matter how deep in the hole your entire team is?

http://dotabuff.com/heroes/naga-siren/items

You're missing 40.43% to support your argument.

Make it proc for all heroes in the game. Your own team is dying, you are now super buff.

That would be so strong. literally 315 bonus damage and +315% ms if 9 heroes are less then 50% hp

6.81:
-Bloodseeker is now a one man army

6.82:
-Bloodseeker renamed to Axe

xanavi

Fuck it, Thirst and Bloodbath are now one ability, give Blood Seeker anther god damn ability. I don't know, he can lunge at you, knocking you back and ministunning, like a single target Skewer.

Oh, you mean like a gap closer? I think his silence should be a skillshot as well. It always silences himself but whoever he hits with it will also be silenced agree/disagree?

Doubt he'd be picked for just his silence vs a tb, way better stuns silence from other heroes.

No man, you have bloodseeker maxing bloodrage and TB on the same team! When they both hit level 7 TB gets +176 damage (it's actually more than this with his base damage + damage from items) from meta+bloodrage!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Secondly, I will go back to Sandking but him being tied to my worst loss streak thus far is not encouraging. I'm not in the mood to mess with him right now but I will look up how to jungle properly with him though for the future.

Also I really need to stop having tunnel vision in regards to items I'm buying.

I still love this game, even though every time I feel like I'm making progress I realize a whole new set of mistakes I am making.
Here's some replays:
http://dotabuff.com/players/39537210/matches?hero=sand-king&lobby_type=&game_mode=&match_type=real

Acinixys

Fuck it, Thirst and Bloodbath are now one ability, give Blood Seeker anther god damn ability. I don't know, he can lunge at you, knocking you back and ministunning, like a single target Skewer.

Beserkers Fury

Bloodseeker rushes to a target point at 1000 units a sec. The first hero he hits is stunned for 0.1/0.5/1/2 secs

Radiance Naga really needs a nerf. Are there any other heroes where a single item will win you game no matter how deep in the hole your entire team is?

I dont think so. Naga needs 15 mins of 100% uninterrupted farm to get a radiance online in the earlt game. If you roam and gank her she becomes way less useful lategame

aeolist

Banned
nagas that are winning these days do so because the other team got outdrafted and couldn't shut her down early or for whatever reason they just chose not to

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I dont think so. Naga needs 15 mins of 100% uninterrupted farm to get a radiance online in the earlt game. If you roam and gank her she becomes way less useful lategame

That would true if she didn't have one of the best get out of jail card ults. Sure it's a long cooldown in the early game, but still. I don't think getting it late is that big of a deal considering how fast you can catch up in farm with those illusions. I suppose a fast pushing strategy would work against it, but I still think it's way too powerful right now.

Ketch

Is Skadi a viable option for Naga? And why or why not?

The stats are good but does the orb work for illusions? I think it does.

It could probably be good, but you wouldn't be able to mana drain with diffusal blade, which is probably a better orb to have when you ready have a disable.

Edit: how much does diffusal drain? Does it work well with ember's SoF?

The stats are good but does the orb work for illusions? I think it does.

It could probably be good, but you wouldn't be able to mana drain with diffusal blade, which is probably a better orb to have when you ready have a disable.
It doesn't.

It gives you some armor and hp for the illusions and that's it. The slow only works on you.

There are better, cheaper items for illusion carries.

It's still the best item in the game.

Acinixys

It doesn't.

It gives you some armor and hp for the illusions and that's it. The slow only works on you.

There are better, cheaper items for illusion carries.

It's still the best item in the game.

Things to get before Skadi on illusion heros

Heart
Diffusal
Radience
Butterfly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
GIve all of his passive active components.

GG ez leeg champion design

Radiance Terrorblade.

:kappa

What if his speed passive proc'd on his own HP? then maybe he could play the hard lane.

DOTA2Fast2Furious

I'd say its an accurate assessment. Would you consider him somewhat like a jack of all trades, master of none? He's alright at many things, which can be good in pubs where teams vary widly, but in a competitive environment, where things are organized, he's outclassed? So niche at best/until someone comes out with something.
Yeah, more or less. In competitive, you want every hero to have a clear identity that figures into the overall team gameplan. Bloodseeker doesn't have that identity. In pubs he just punishes poor play and what hero can't do that to some extent?

Is Skadi a viable option for Naga? And why or why not?
Depends on what you mean by "viable". If by "viable" you mean "should I rush Skadi on Naga?" then the answer is no. If by viable you mean "can Naga benefit from Skadi", then the answer is yes, because Skadi is a very strong item. However, if you can actually build Skadi, it means the game is going very well for you so it's more accurate to say "Skadi is an indicator of a stomp" than "Skadi is a impactful game item that should be core on Naga".

Look at these stats:

Item: Divine Rapier
Games: 2,013,511
Winrate: 90.03%

Item: Abyssal Blade
Games: 3,306,479
Winrate: 83.28%

Item: Satanic
Games: 1,757,222
Winrate: 79.31%

Item: Eye of Skadi
Games: 3,231,146
Winrate: 77.85%

What they all share is that they appear with a similar amount of frequency in games and they all come with a high win rate, this doesn't mean they're core, but that they're what people build when a stomp is happening.

Compare that to:

Item: Black King Bar
Games: 23,067,860
Winrate: 59.94%

Item: Blink Dagger
Games: 29,425,578
Winrate: 59.21%

Item: Mekansm
Games: 21,320,717
Winrate: 58.48%

Item: Shadow Blade
Games: 23,087,037
Winrate: 55.89%

All core items, built much more often (almost 7-10 times more often than the previous group) but with a much lower win rate. Skadi belongs in the previous group of "stomp" items, and not in the group of "core" items.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
I think Bloodseeker is much weaker since the stacking thirst change. Making him slower than he was before against a single target, removing the stickiness to Thirst rendering him helpless after getting an aggressive kill, and trading durability for damage changed him from strong utility to a spread-to-thin gimmick. He was probably my favorite hero, but I won't even play him anymore.

Haly

6.81:
Rupture:
Range changed to Global
Target changed to All Enemy Heroes

Boom, viable hero.

inkls

No man, you have bloodseeker maxing bloodrage and TB on the same team! When they both hit level 7 TB gets +176 damage (it's actually more than this with his base damage + damage from items) from meta+bloodrage!

But since he's an illusion hero, his illusion wouldn't benefit from it and the only way to make some appear under its effect is through manta which would remove the effect, it also means he'd be silenced and unable to cast slow or sunder.

Yeah, more or less. In competitive, you want every hero to have a clear identity that figures into the overall team gameplan. Bloodseeker doesn't have that identity. In pubs he just punishes poor play and what hero can't do that to some extent?

Still, I'd argue the global vision would work well with global abilities or if you just want a "no juking allowed" game.

I think Bloodseeker is much weaker since the stacking thirst change. Making him slower than he was before against a single target, removing the stickiness to Thirst rendering him helpless after getting an aggressive kill, and trading durability for damage changed him from strong utility to a spread-to-thin gimmick. He was probably my favorite hero, but I won't even play him anymore.

Right now the change is -10% and -10 damage compared to its previous incarnation. I'd argue that since its global it procs way more often. Did it stack before? On paper, at least, it seems a bit stronger to me.

I think making himself also proc thirst would be pretty good. Any arguments against it?

Btw, found this on the wiki, I've not seen mention of it being reverted:

-Blood Bath now gives 50% of its normal regeneration if he doesn't kill the target but is near it.

It seems to include creeps, but I don't think I've observed this in my brief experience with him. If it still applies, would this help him offlane in addition to the self thirst proc thing?

Haly

Still, I'd argue the global vision would work well with global abilities or if you just want a "no juking allowed" game.

Pros don't need vision to aim global skills, that's what makes them pro!

FACE

Banned
Beserkers Fury

Bloodseeker rushes to a target point at 1000 units a sec. The first hero he hits is stunned for 0.1/0.5/1/2 secs

So Bloodseeker becomes Bara?

-Blood Bath now gives 50% of its normal regeneration if he doesn't kill the target but is near it.

It seems to include creeps, but I don't think I've observed this in my brief experience with him.
Tooltip in game says hero deaths only on the radius regen.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Right now the change is -10% and -10 damage compared to its previous incarnation. I'd argue that since its global it procs way more often. Did it stack before? On paper, at least, it seems a bit stronger to me.

45% to 28% for one stack, which is 17% slower, and you lose the armor that allowed you to dive towers and tank creeps much easier. With regard to the range, old Thirst had a massive range anyway (6000), the global change really only changes things for combination with other global skills and not so much with how you play the hero. The stacking of Thirst sounds good but often doesn't work nearly as well as you would think.

Ultrabum

I like how you ignore the fact that there are three people with similar MMR to him on the other team.

Yes, that is true. Presumably the other teams mmr needs to be higher to balance out the really high mmr player on the other team though.

What I am trying to say is:

Playing with a friend who's mmr is 1K higher than yours results in you having a shit time. This also sometimes happens by random chance, as seen here.

I don't think there is a really good way to avoid this, it's just an observation.

Mohasus

Yes, that is true. Presumably the other teams mmr needs to be higher to balance out the really high mmr player on the other team though.

What I am trying to say is:

Playing with a friend who's mmr is 1K higher than yours results in you having a shit time. This also sometimes happens by random chance, as seen here.

I don't think there is a really good way to avoid this, it's just an observation.

It really doesn't, I'm 1-1.5k higher than my friends and we all have fun.

xanavi

But since he's an illusion hero, his illusion wouldn't benefit from it and the only way to make some appear under its effect is through manta which would remove the effect, it also means he'd be silenced and unable to cast slow or sunder.

It was really meant to be a clowny strat to make a bloodseeker work but I don't see your points as a problem. Playing as the BS you let your TB cast meta, illusion then wade in and reflection if he can get it off then you silence him with bloodrage for +120%. All his illusions are on CD so he doesn't need to cast anything except sunder but everyone's too busy having their faces melted by 200+ damage right-clicks for him to be taking any damage anyways.

Jex

RE: Bloodseeker

Mid: Doesn't have enough impact for either a ganker (NS, TA, Storm), or hard enough scaling for a carry (OD, Naga)
Safe: Just not a very hard carry at all. If you're going to give one of your heroes as much farm as possible, it sure wouldn't be Bloodseeker
Suicide: He doesn't have the sturdiness and mobility (DS, Timber) to survive a suicide without a partner
Jungle: Slowish, and again, not enough impact. Can't pressure/push lanes like the creep dominators, can't explode like Lycan, doesn't have a magic bullet like Doom.
Clearly this analysis is missing Bloodseeker's most popular lane:

Pub: Wrecks fools left and right due to the opposing teams poor coordination/ignorance of the hero's skill set.

(I haven't actually run into a Bloodseeker in a while).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

radiance isn't an auto-win on naga?

PL/TB can do similar tricks to Naga. Look to competitive, many pro's have tried to replicate the arteezy mid naga and they just get shit on in lane and fail to farm as efficiently. It's not an "auto-win" strat by any means. A naga with just a radiance is still paper, and if the enemy team has established some map control by the 20 minute mark, where the hell will your illusions farm?

SamVimes

PL/TB can do similar tricks to Naga. Look to competitive, many pro's have tried to replicate the arteezy mid naga and they just get shit on in lane and fail to farm as efficiently. It's not an "auto-win" strat by any means. A naga with just a radiance is still paper, and if the enemy team has established some map control by the 20 minute mark, where the hell will your illusions farm?

dude it's the meracle naga, wtf is wrong with rtz fanboys

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
dude it's the meracle naga, wtf is wrong with rtz fanboys

actually it's probably "some random pub naga" who purchased radiance on naga 10 years ago.

i just call it rtz naga cause he's the most visible and relevant in competitive right now (I don't watch SEA). Pro's specifically first ban it against rtz or try to first pick it against EG and usually fail miserably. Plus it's simply easier to say than typing out radiance naga everytime.

Acinixys

Unless youre RTZ

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
wow the vestments of the fallen princess is falling fast, is now 15 on the market yesterday it was 16. I wanted to try selling for 15 into my pocket but thats too much i reckon.

wow the vestments of the fallen princess is falling fast, is now 15 on the market yesterday it was 16. I wanted to try selling for 15 into my pocket but thats too much i reckon.
It'll go up and down but overall only down. You can try and keep track when it's up in a 24 hour period to maximize your profit though, probably night in America.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
It'll go up and down but overall only down. You can try and keep track when it's up in a 24 hour period to maximize your profit though, probably night in America.

I just listed it and put for sale for 16.41 one penny less than the lowest price, thats 14 bucks into my pocket not bad. I may just spend it all on dota keys if someone bites lol.

EDIT:lol 3 new people listed the set lower than what i sold it to, fuck i may just post it again at a lower price.

inkls

Pros don't need vision to aim global skills, that's what makes them pro!

Nature's Prophet, checkmate
:p

Tooltip in game says hero deaths only on the radius regen.

I'm referring to creeps. The change doesn't mention if it only works this way only on heroes or creeps and no reference are made afterwards. Just saying if this still work, its great for a lane that won't give you much last hits (like offlane) since you still get the regen. But I don't think it still works.

45% to 28% for one stack, which is 17% slower, and you lose the armor that allowed you to dive towers and tank creeps much easier. With regard to the range, old Thirst had a massive range anyway (6000), the global change really only changes things for combination with other global skills and not so much with how you play the hero. The stacking of Thirst sounds good but often doesn't work nearly as well as you would think.

Actually, its 35 damage and 35% ms, not 28 since 6.80

It was really meant to be a clowny strat to make a bloodseeker work but I don't see your points as a problem. Playing as the BS you let your TB cast meta, illusion then wade in and reflection if he can get it off then you silence him with bloodrage for +120%. All his illusions are on CD so he doesn't need to cast anything except sunder but everyone's too busy having their faces melted by 200+ damage right-clicks for him to be taking any damage anyways.

You forgot sunder though. The easiest way to counter tb is to silence him so he can't refill his hp pool and get an easy kill on a previously full hp hero. If his teammates silence him, its kind of easy to kill him.

Finalow

aui chen.
Kreygasm.png

SamVimes

actually it's probably "some random pub naga" who purchased radiance on naga 10 years ago.

i just call it rtz naga cause he's the most visible and relevant in competitive right now (I don't watch SEA). Pro's specifically first ban it against rtz or try to first pick it against EG and usually fail miserably. Plus it's simply easier to say than typing out radiance naga everytime.

No i mean Envy went to china, got owned by Meracle Naga (i still haven't seen anyone better on the hero than him atm) and when he got back him and rtz started only playing naga in mm for weeks.

Top Bottom