• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Ultimatum

Banned
it's almost april, how have we not heard anything about TI4 (apart from rumours of it being in july)

tbh he is the only support and is pretty farmed. Looking at that pic seems like NP was the dead weight here

based on what? his gpm is fine, more kills, less deaths, more assists, more cs (I assume split pushing plenty)

that leshrac did bad

inkls

She loses virtually every game on stream going 1-14-3 with Dazzle or Lina.

edit: I also really like her stream. She's very likeable and has turned into a decent caster as well.

I doubt that it occurs as frequently as you say, tbh I've only seen the "sheever misses ravage" vid and heard her cast once, not much to say.

On another topic. After playing Bloodseeker for the first time in mm recently I've been thinking, why is this hero not played competitively? I mean, as much as I see people say he's a pubstomper, that doesn't seem to mean much as we've all seen by the recent pickup of "pubstompers" such as Drow, Sniper and Wraith King.

He's got decent stat gains, pretty good lane sustain that can also keep him alive in teamfights, Thirst can synergies really well with any hero that has a global ability like Invoker, Zeus, Ancient Apparition, Nature's Prophet or even just heroes that need some vision for skillshots like Mirana, Pudge, etc. Not to mention it also gives uncapped bonus move speed and free extra damage. Bloodrage can be used as a dot to secure kills in the early game or deny, as a silence against a weak hero that relies on their abilities and the bonus 120% dmg is nothing to scoff at late game.

The silence really isn't that bad on bloodseeker himself since the only other ability you need to cast is your ult and you can also cast it on a rightclicker on your team for alot of dmg (it counts for damage for crits right?). His ult goes through bkb, its hp removal and most of the time its its either "move and die or don't move and die". Not to mention that force staff used on conjunction with it adds 360 damage (hp removal) at max level. So you can do 710 damage in hp removal with an extra 360 for every force staff used.

Sure, his team fight contribution is not great, apart from the global sight from thirst, free silence or bonus damage from bloodrage and the lockdown his ult provides.

So yeah, why is he not picked? Is it a case of "needs to be picked in a tournament once to start being picked" or is it something else?

Thoughts? He's not my type of hero though, I usually like playing farming or pushing heroes with a few exceptions like Bounty Hunter.

Speaking of him, anyone has any tips for him?

I already try checking hero inventory for wards, dust or gem, I start ganking at level 6.

What I'm wondering is, how do I improve my farm with him and what items should I pick up? I usually have a lackluster farm by being solo offlane. My items usually are: Phase > Drum > Medallion > Desolator > mkb/Butterfly/Vlads/Sange and Yasha/

Tips?

Ultimatum

Banned
you can tp out of his ult

he cant farm fast

no escape

his heal needs people to die, which you can't rely on

but more than anything it's just the way the meta is

maybe he could be a good support if he could cast thirst on allies, who knows

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Valve thinks this is good matchmaking?

VMFXc0Y.png

Well, if you party up with someone in the 5k bracket this is what's going to happen eventually. The pool of players at that level is small, and there's simply not enough to players to consistently get a condensed range of MMR.

ibfQqfBmFCR4e5.png

This happened a long time ago when I partied up with ellen pudge. There's no way either GD, Ksanfan (who is 1.09's smurf), or me were that high in unranked MMR, but we still ran into Fearstack, and only won because their Storm abandoned.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
it's almost april, how have we not heard anything about TI4 (apart from rumours of it being in july)

Considering TI3 tickets went on sale in the first week of May, if we assume the event is a month earlier this year then we should really be hearing something in the next week or so I would hope.

inkls

you can tp out of his ult

he cant farm fast

no escape

his heal needs people to die, which you can't rely on

but more than anything it's just the way the meta is

maybe he could be a good support if he could cast thirst on allies, who knows

Maybe in pubs, but in competitive I doubt you'd just draft a no stun lineup, I agree on his farm, his heal is more reliable than Necro's though since it doesn't require you to land the killing blow and is instant, 40% of an enemy hero's hp instantly is nothing to scoff at.

Like Necro, I doubt a hero who's sustain is based on getting last hits is a good idea to be played as a support.

The biggest problem with the blood seeker is that there's no good place to lane him.

I agree, though is the lack of escape and the reliance on last hits for sustain what prevents him from being a capable offlaner?

KingKong

Treant idea: make Nature's Guise invisibility a passive and the active will give you a bonus 100 damage on your next attack as long as nature's guise is active (so you have to attack from the trees)

shira

Treant idea: make Nature's Guise invisibility a passive and the active will give you a bonus 100 damage on your next attack as long as nature's guise is active (so you have to attack from the trees)
His tangoes should plant trees instead of eating them

Hylian7

His tangoes should plant trees instead of eating them
There was a thing in some "leaked" (probably fake, but seeing how Lion AoE Agha was in a few leaked patch notes back, you can never be too sure) where leaving a Tango on the ground would grow into a tree after 20 seconds. As weird as it sounds it sort of makes sense as a solution to regen pooling idea before the Tango splitting came up.

Chris R

i swear that shit has a 100% chance to proc

So what is the counter? Just not get hit until you are sure you can burst him down and then run at him instead of running away? Because you are right, it seems to proc WAY too much, and then when you think you are away and safe -> Assassinate. Laning against him sucks some times when I'm on a squishy hero.

Hylian7

So what is the counter? Just not get hit until you are sure you can burst him down and then run at him instead of running away? Because you are right, it seems to proc WAY too much, and then when you think you are away and safe -> Assassinate. Laning against him sucks some times when I'm on a squishy hero.
BKB.

Haly

True but only when I'm not playing the hero. #SKILL

That's because you don't have enough #skill.

The game knows how much skill you have and scales the amount of headshot/multicast procs accordingly.

xanavi

I agree, though is the lack of escape and the reliance on last hits for sustain what prevents him from being a capable offlaner?

Maybe if TB gets added to CM we'll see a TB carry with an offlane/jungle bloodseeker that maxes bloodrage but otherwise I don't see bloodseeker offering the utility of a nyx, clock or batrider.

Haly

RE: Bloodseeker

Mid: Doesn't have enough impact for either a ganker (NS, TA, Storm), or hard enough scaling for a carry (OD, Naga)
Safe: Just not a very hard carry at all. If you're going to give one of your heroes as much farm as possible, it sure wouldn't be Bloodseeker
Suicide: He doesn't have the sturdiness and mobility (DS, Timber) to survive a suicide without a partner
Jungle: Slowish, and again, not enough impact. Can't pressure/push lanes like the creep dominators, can't explode like Lycan, doesn't have a magic bullet like Doom.

He's an okay hero in a vacuum but at the moment he does no one single thing well enough to warrant picking him over anyone else that can play the same role. I think his main problem, design wise, is that he has a ganker's toolkit but a farmer's laning, which just dilutes what he's supposed to be good at, rendering him less effective overall than all of his competition.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The biggest problem with the blood seeker is that there's no good place to lane him.

What if they just buffed Blood Bath a bunch. Make the creeps heal 25% of their max HP with all levels. Or make it so BS doesn't have to even kill the creep, just them dying near him heals him, and keep the current scaling.

Acti

That's because you don't have enough #skill.

The game knows how much skill you have and scales the amount of headshot/multicast procs accordingly.

That's some advance programing. Icefrog is truly capable of EVERYTHING.

Haly

What if they just buffed Blood Bath a bunch. Make the creeps heal 25% of their max HP with all levels.

Still wouldn't stop him from being bullied out :(

Ice would need to make it passively ranged like:
Blood Bath
Bloodseeker revels in combat, gaining health with every unit that dies within a 1000 radius of Bloodseeker. The health gained is a percentage of the killed unit's maximum HP, and doubled if Bloodseeker gets the killing blow.

Regeneration from
Hero's maximum HP: 5%/10%/150%/20%
Regeneration from
Creep's maximum HP: 6%/8%/10%/12%

EDIT: Lol, same idea. And it still wouldn't be enough, although pubs would probably cry and cry and cry.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Still wouldn't stop him from being bullied out :(

Ice would need to make it passively ranged like:
Blood Bath
Bloodseeker revels in combat, gaining health with every unit that dies within a 1000 radius of Bloodseeker. The health gained is a percentage of the killed unit's maximum HP, and doubled if Bloodseeker gets the killing blow.

Regeneration from
Hero's maximum HP: 5%/10%/150%/20%
Regeneration from
Creep's maximum HP: 6%/8%/10%/12%

EDIT: Lol, same idea. And it still wouldn't be enough, although pubs would probably cry and cry and cry.

Fuck it, Thirst and Bloodbath are now one ability, give Blood Seeker anther god damn ability. I don't know, he can lunge at you, knocking you back and ministunning, like a single target Skewer.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Radiance Naga really needs a nerf. Are there any other heroes where a single item will win you game no matter how deep in the hole your entire team is?

Ketch

RE: Bloodseeker

Mid: Doesn't have enough impact for either a ganker (NS, TA, Storm), or hard enough scaling for a carry (OD, Naga)
Safe: Just not a very hard carry at all. If you're going to give one of your heroes as much farm as possible, it sure wouldn't be Bloodseeker
Suicide: He doesn't have the sturdiness and mobility (DS, Timber) to survive a suicide without a partner
Jungle: Slowish, and again, not enough impact. Can't pressure/push lanes like the creep dominators, can't explode like Lycan, doesn't have a magic bullet like Doom.

He's an okay hero in a vacuum but at the moment he does no one single thing well enough to warrant picking him over anyone else that can play the same role. I think his main problem, design wise, is that he has a ganker's toolkit but a farmer's laning, which just dilutes what he's supposed to be good at, rendering him less effective overall than all of his competition.

What if his speed passive proc'd on his own HP? then maybe he could play the hard lane.

Top Bottom