• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

3400623649.png

Prediction time

Who do you reckon will win TI4?

Anything late game is going to be a problem for axe, why would you tank creepwaves in the early game anywhere near dazzle though? You pick axe vs dazzle because your ult goes through shallow grave, ez kills

if you're going to lane axe, you have to tank the creep wave and harass. by not doing that you're basically forcing him jungle, which is ok but also lets the carry farm freely

by relying on the ult so much, you're also forced to either get a soul ring, arcanes or not use spells often. and what you really want on axe asap is blink, brown boots and blade mail to jump people, or vanguard hood to be as tanky as possible early game. neither build gives a lot of mana, and spending another 800 gold can delay items you really need early and screw you over

you're better off picking heroes with aoe like sand king or tide or just trying to burst down the dazzle before he can use his spells. axe is good for jumping people and being manly, not playing like a bitch while you wait to ult someone

Demoli

I'd be going for top 4 DK, Alliance, Empire and either Na'vi or C9 if they drop envy.

Champs will be either DK or Empire. Alliance if 6.81 favours them.

shira

imo top 3 teams are DK, NaVi and Alliance and I think DK is the strongest

Based on what? Alliance is totally ordinary since TI3. They haven't won anything and they totally fucked their bootcamp plans by agreeing to go to Frankfurt and LA, and if they qualify Dreamhack, Kiev, and China. LAN presence has been a joke and they don't look hungry at all in interviews or blogs.
Money is in the bank, thanks for paying our appearance fees.

inkls

THIS GAME

http://dotabuff.com/matches/582496715

Omg. Rough start to the game. Trilane hardlane radiant. luna, disruptor, jakiro. They get first blood on AA in the first minute because he underestimated them. They followed AM as 4 (the tri + pugna) all early-mid game. I even doomed a creep by accident...

Took down all our T1, T2 in 24 minutes. They get both top and mid rax. We spent 20+ minutes defending base, the radiant didn't even need to push, their creeps took down our two t4 towers.

We got rosh twice, they never did, first time through a teamfight. Dark Seer and AA made us win so many teamfights. I kept doom for luna, laughed like a maniac when she hit 24, pretty much destroyed her every teamfight.

We got our first tower around 30-ish minutes (T1 mid), we retreat. Its a stalemate for a while. They try to bait us by hiding around their side of the map, only appearing to push back the lanes.

We don't fall for it, we end up being the more patient team, they push mid, we take 3 out, dive mid. We take out the T2, try to push the T3. We lose a teammate.

We win another teamfight, but we stop mid-push as the creeps are attacking the ancient, we stop them with 500hp remaining.

The radiant sees this, they rush mid, try to end it. We teamwipe them with the ancient having less then 100hp.

We push mid, take out their T3 and rax from both mid and top. We also take out both of their T4. They take Silencer and me down, we both had saved up for BB and we buyback. They try another rush mid. We kill everyone except pugna who escaped, our ancient is literally around 200 hp.

We push mid, they use glyph on their ancient, luna Buy's back, we keep attacking the ancient, bringing it down 100% to 0%.

GG, Goddam, so much teamwork, my heart is still pounding. Commended all of my team. Got my +25 mmr. Got lvl 25 and in my lvl 25 present I get a mythical warlock Golem.

I'm done for today, there is literally nothing that can top this game for me today.

KingKong

Based on what? Alliance is totally ordinary since TI3. They haven't won anything and they totally fucked their bootcamp plans by agreeing to go to Frankfurt and LA, and if they qualify Dreamhack, Kiev, and China. LAN presence has been a joke and they don't look hungry at all in interviews or blogs.
Money is in the bank, thanks for paying our appearance fees.

They've been top or near the top of every tournament, and iirc they lost a bunch of finals matches to NaVI, who I think are the second best team so thats no great shame. Also there hasnt really been any LANs since January. Plus I think they have the skill and experience to consistently do well on LAN against the top teams, which I dont think EG or Empire can do.

I'm not sure how good iG is right now and I dont know too much about the Chinese scene, but I dont think any Western team is better than Alliance or NaVi

GorillaJu

Alliance used to be fun to watch because they were so perfect. They've lost a little bit of their luster since TI3 and have been pretty boring, which is probably contributing to their perception as being kind of weaker.

KingKong

Aren't they on a awful run on Lan?

It was like 5 successive Lan tournaments when they've just been embarrassed.

What about Empire?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Alliance

since TI3 theyve won 2 tourneys, got 2nd in 3 (all lost to NaVI) and had 3rd and 4th place. But no team has been consistently winning anyway except maybe NaVI and theyve dropped a bunch too

Theres a bunch of big money tourneys coming up in the next few months though so that will be the best look at who's the best teams

shira

They've been top or near the top of every tournament, and iirc they lost a bunch of finals matches to NaVI, who I think are the second best team so thats no great shame. Plus I think they have the skill and experience to consistently do well on LAN against the top teams, which I dont think EG or Empire can do.

I'm not sure how good iG is right now and I dont know too much about the Chinese scene, but I dont think any Western team is better than Alliance or NaVi

on LAN?

StarLadder 8 stomped 0-3 by navi in final
Dreamhack 4-5 overall elim by navi 0-3
StarLadder 7 stomped 1-3 by navi in final

And most of the time they were playing fnatic to get to the final, so they are better than fnatic? That's not saying much at all.

With Chinese teams on LAN they played like garbage.
D2CL 2-4 overall elim by fnatic
MLG 4-4 not finalist
ESL 3-3 overall elim by VG

Last year they were rolling hard, going undefeated weeks at a time. Now they are "better than Fnatic"

Even clicking to see more tournaments, it doesn't even have the MLG event.

They've been rubbish on LAN. Including a final against Na'Vi where they got wiped 3-0.

KingKong

on LAN?

StarLadder 8 stomped 0-3 by navi in final
Dreamhack 4-5 overall elim by navi 0-3
StarLadder 7 stomped 1-3 by navi in final

And most of the time they were playing fnatic to get to the final, so they are better than fnatic? That's not saying much at all.

With Chinese teams on LAN they played like garbage.
D2CL 2-4 overall elim by fnatic
MLG 4-4 not finalist
ESL 3-3 overall elim by VG

Last year they were rolling hard, going undefeated weeks at a time. Now they are "better than Fnatic"

well yeah, I'm not saying they're perfect, but we're talking about the strongest teams, so who do you think is stronger than Alliance except DK and NaVI?

I mean you could say the same thing about every team, NaVi flamed out of a bunch of tourneys (including MLG), EG hasnt beaten anyone good except C9, C9's only real win is MLG, iG keeps getting beaten by DK, etc

shira

So, no Hat Patch today? Only thing this can mean is Techies. April Fools patch, believe.

Does Valve do AFD jokes? I hope they buy Facebook so we can get legit VR
I'm surprised Polycount didn't have a silly hat contest - they are definitely a bunch of jokers with a keen a sense of humor.

well yeah, I'm not saying they're perfect, but we're talking about the strongest teams, so who do you think is stronger than Alliance except DK and NaVI?

I mean you could say the same thing about every team, NaVi flamed out of a bunch of tourneys (including MLG), EG hasnt beaten anyone good except C9, C9's only real win is MLG, iG keeps getting beaten by DK, etc

Win LANs then you can talk.

Navi, DK are the only ones with LAN wins.
Everyone else is B tier or below at this point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does Valve do AFD jokes?
Sometimes. They did a preview in 2009 for TF2 for Jarate:
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2391

And last year they did a tie in with Reddit's April Fools day joke. It looks like Valve has really finished Techies (Since once they get portrait data, it usually means the model is finished), and I think pulling a "Techies Removed" joke would be a great "event" to add him with, and it lines up very nicely with Vavle's normal update timeline.

Ketch

Is it crazy to think legion commander is a good hero? I keep hearing she's trash, but I feel like her Q and W are phenomenal team fight abilities and her ultimate is one of the hardest disables in the game.

Yey or nay on legion commander?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it crazy to think legion commander is a good hero? I keep hearing she's trash, but I feel like her Q and W are phenomenal team fight abilities and her ultimate is one of the hardest disables in the game.

Nay.

(She's still my waifu.)

I actually think she's really good and ready to go into CM.

I would love to see her in the right hands, especially with blink being buffed.

GorillaJu

Nothing would make me happier then Valve promising Techies on April fools day, then going back on that promise.

I hope that hero is forever in "will be added next patch" purgatory.

Top Bottom