• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

SamVimes

With a grand total of 0 LAN wins?

They've been together for 2 years and they've regressed.

With a grand total of placing well in every single lan they enter which is more than you can say about any western team that is not called alliance or navi. One year back they were in a big slump and they still placed top 8 at ti3 with an arguably much harder bracket than say Liquid had.

You click on to see all e tournaments and I can't see the 2014 stuff.

They're never going to win TI4. They're drafting awfully and playing no where to their requisite standard. I'm from that old school way of thinking that you want to win the tournaments you enter rather than just take part. They need a drastic shake up.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

They're never going to win TI4. They're drafting awfully and playing no where to their requisite standard. I'm from that old school way of thinking that you want to win the tournaments you enter rather than just take part. They need a drastic shake up.

They've placed twice already this year, and earlier than they did in 2013. They've won $27k this year compared to $1.7 at this point last year.

SamVimes

A very stupid way of thinking. 15 out of 16 teams are not gonna win TI, does that make them bad?

Ikuu

Stability is one of Fnatics strength and they do perform well at LAN, it would be foolish to kick people and hope things improve, It's pretty clear to see at LANs that they're very close as a team.

A very stupid way of thinking. 15 out of 16 teams are not gonna win TI, does that make them bad?

All should have the ambition to win.

All should try their best to get to win the thing.

MUFC was one of those 15. Are they bad?

Fnatic have been awful these past few months, they're not competing on any front and haven't show themselves to be contenders whatsoever. This is during a time when other teams have gone through spells of complete domination. This isn't the first time Empire dominated the scene, having made changes (some forced, some not) they dominating the scene again.

That doesn't necessarily mean Empire will win TI, but they've given themselves every chance to be considered as serious challengers.

Edit: Surely the prize money might be due to the fact people can contribute to winnings? Something that occurred after TI?

This myth of stability. they've been together 2 years and they're still as inconsistent as ever. If they want to win the International, they need to make changes.

Ikuu

Realistically they aren't going to win TI no matter what they do. Not every team is going to win the biggest prizes, doesn't mean they need to disband or shake things up, there is nothing wrong with being a second tier team and making a decent amount.

shira

Hylian and other streamers what is the bandwidth hit for steaming a single 30 minute 1080p Doto game? Idk if my mcdonalds wifi can handle it

Realistically they aren't going to win TI no matter what they do. Not every team is going to win the biggest prizes, doesn't mean they need to disband or shake things up, there is nothing wrong with being a second tier team and making a decent amount.

Didn't Al Gore speak of something similar?

Lack of ambition then.

Ikuu

What should they do to suddenly become contenders? Who are they going to kick and who can join them?

What should they do to suddenly become contenders? Who are they going to kick and who can join them?

Move roles at least. Notail is in the wrong position. They need to change who is drafting because they consistently draft poor line-ups against other teams.

My inability to identify other players to come in doesn't negate the fact those playing their positions aren't up to scratch. I think Trixi isn't up to that standard and Hanni just doesn't do enough.

So, the fact they're awful and the fact we can see they're not going to win the International, I don't think they deserve a direct invite to the International on current form.

Edit: for those that are unable to understand written language, presenting a false dilemma of what is said purposefully misses what has been said.

Is it crazy to think legion commander is a good hero? I keep hearing she's trash, but I feel like her Q and W are phenomenal team fight abilities and her ultimate is one of the hardest disables in the game.

Yey or nay on legion commander?
She's good. Just screwed over by greedy, and bad, players who keep playing her as some ultra hyper super carry fighter 2014 hero.

manfestival

man h4nn1 is getting steamrolled by dendi. I know its pubs but its funny to have them both playing at the same time and dendi say easy calmly after killing him and h4nn1 freaking out saying "why does this kill them? I dont understand!"

FACE

Banned
man h4nn1 is getting steamrolled by dendi. I know its pubs but its funny to have them both playing at the same time and dendi say easy calmly after killing him and h4nn1 freaking out saying "why does this kill them? I dont understand!"

Link? I'm no good with streams.

Razzer

Move roles at least. Notail is in the wrong position. They need to change who is drafting because they consistently draft poor line-ups against other teams.

My inability to identify other players to come in doesn't negate the fact those playing their positions aren't up to scratch. I think Trixi isn't up to that standard and Hanni just doesn't do enough.

So, the fact they're awful and the fact we can see they're not going to win the International, I don't think they deserve a direct invite to the International on current form.

Edit: for those that are unable to understand written language, presenting a false dilemma of what is said purposefully misses what has been said.

Going by last year, there will be 6 teams from the west getting direct invites. As Alliance come as defending champions, that means Navi, Empire, EG, C9, probably Sigma, and then one more. I honestly haven't watched enough to know who deserves it most, but I haven't been able to think of anyone outside of Rox.kis. Maybe team Dog will get a sponsor? Anyway, you might be right about Fnatic, just comes down to whether they deserve it more than other teams.

BeesEight

Going by last year, there will be 6 teams from the west getting direct invites. As Alliance come as defending champions, that means Navi, Empire, EG, C9, probably Sigma, and then one more. I honestly haven't watched enough to know who deserves it most, but I haven't been able to think of anyone outside of Rox.kis. Maybe team Dog will get a sponsor? Anyway, you might be right about Fnatic, just comes down to whether they deserve it more than other teams.

Why would Sigma get a direct invite? Looking at the recent premier tournaments:

They were eliminated round 1 in MLG TKO with a 2-5 showing.
They were eliminated round 1 in Dota 2 Champions League going 0-4.
They are bottom three in Asus Rog DreamLeague so far with a 1-4.

The only tournament they're currently doing well in is Star Ladder where they are 7-3 (where five of those victories are against the likes of MYM, Insane and Cleave). They did take a game off C9 and Team Empire, but that's two games against top teams out of a whole lot else.

FACE

Banned
Storm is playing really well overall, but this is the second time he has used BKB before his popping his Aegis.

Razzer

Fair enough on Sigma, I was trying to find suggestions and was stretching.

Alliance won't be part of the 6 as they get in through the defending champions spot. IG got in last year as well as 6 other direct eastern invites.

Alliance won't be part of the 6 as they get in through the defending champions spot. IG got in last year as well as 6 other direct eastern invites.

Ah fair enough. you're right. I didn't think of it like that.

So a friend of mine that plays LoL was analysing peoples' choice of champs for what style of champ they like in particular and what champ they might like to pick up in the future. I might as well take that idea to Dota.

9EtFoRz.png
What does this image of heroes I like say about me and what heroes might I like in the future, GAF?

BeesEight

I count 6 directly invited teams to 2013.

The 6 I'd have on current form and ability:

1. Alliance
2. Na'Vi
3. Empire
4. C9
5. EG
6. Rox.Kis

Rox.Kis is performing decent right now but not outstandingly better than Fnatic. And they lack the earlier success Fnatic already posted this year.

Fnatic's in a bit of a slump but they're still a top Western performer even when they're not on point.

I think there's a few more factors working in Fnatic's favour. One, they are stable which Valve has stated is an important consideration when they send out invites. Even now that they aren't taking first in current tournaments, there is no indication of major problems with the roster unlike what's facing Liquid currently. Second, they performed well at the previous TI, posting amazing results against top tier teams as well as ending in the money after the dust settled.

As you said, there's not a lot of other options and I can't imagine them not getting a direct invite as things currently stand.

Is it crazy to think legion commander is a good hero? I keep hearing she's trash, but I feel like her Q and W are phenomenal team fight abilities and her ultimate is one of the hardest disables in the game.

Yey or nay on legion commander?

Try not to jungle her.

I've had some fun maxing q->w->e (one point early), in hardlane, while grabbing an early soul ring into phase into bkb or armlet. Q is pretty good for harassing, and you really don't have to go back to base with a soul ring after you put two points in your heal. I don't think LC is a hard initiator and can get by with phase boots and her Q's MS boost. Chances are if you blink in first and duel you'll get blown up by the other team. Then that leaves just people playing dumb and not warding or having no map sense getting caught out by blink dagger.

The only way I could see her initiating first is if she has a BKB, and if you're going to get a BKB and a blink before you fight, you're sitting out farming for atleast 20 mins in a normal game.

Boken

Banned
So a friend of mine that plays LoL was analysing peoples' choice of champs for what style of champ they like in particular and what champ they might like to pick up in the future. I might as well take that idea to Dota.

What does this image of heroes I like say about me and what heroes might I like in the future, GAF?

puck

Legion Commander is pretty decent against mobile heroes like Slark and Weaver unless they get Linken's. More often than not, you'll jump onto someone and get blown up because you blinked yourself into a bad position. When 5 man Dota starts (roughly after 10 minutes), I feel she's kinda shit.

Top Bottom