• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Pratfall

Would you guys consider DP a ganking hero? I just got a ton of shit from a 4 stack I played with for not ganking enough as DP mid.

The M.O.B

Would you guys consider DP a ganking hero? I just got a ton of shit from a 4 stack I played with for not ganking enough as DP mid.

I usually wait for the other mid to go gank, and then take tower and that 260 gold for everyone. Rotate and repeat.

If your teams lane are being bullied then I would definitely help sooner rather than later. With DP, pushing the enemy back and getting the tower is better than just getting a kill.

If our team has sufficient ward coverage it is fine.

Nirvana

Terrible like Xboct was?

To clarify I don't think EE is a terrible player in the conventional sense, but his attitude makes him distinctly awful. His deliberate feeding in games where he is losing makes him automatically worse than Xboct, despite there being similarities possibly with their playstyle, although Xboct pulls it off a lot more successfully than EE-sama.

When playing DP, I gank whenever there is an enemy in the side lanes with low heath and you have bottled a haste or dd rune. Killing enemy sidelanes will transition into an exorcism push.

So I've been trying to experiment as a early aggresive, support Tusk.

Mainly my item build consists of wards and general support items. Boots, then a void stone into a eul's then maybe treads or arcanes if my team needs it.

Gotta say, if you get a team that can gank early or at least dish some early burst damage, a surprise snowball + shards is guaranteed death.

I laned offlane with an ogre magi against a spectre and a mirana. Couldn't gank the mirana but constantly trying to harass lead to 1 death for me and 5 deaths for the spectre. Eventually the ogre got REALLY fat and carried us to an early victory.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Playing Dota new would be awful, there's so many smurfs then Sniper, Riki, QoP, good lord.

Why is HoN Red/Green? Do they hate colorblind people?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So there is a Puck, a Shadow Shaman, and a Treant Protector, what other dota heroes are in this HoN game, I can't make shit out.

Really annoying it doesn't say the character names anywhere.

Madouu

shadow shaman - puck - slardar + hon heroes: grinex & solstice

vs

qop - treant (pretty different in hon, has furion tree babies) + hon heroes: master of arms, drunken master & monkey king.

oh okay

i couldn't tell if solstice was luna and drunken was brew

also i must have my mind time line messed up because i thought puck won that contest like relatively after hon started but guess not

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
oh okay

also i must have my mind time line messed up because i thought puck won that contest like relatively after hon started but guess not

Looking at wikis, Puck came out June 2008, HoN went into public beta April 2009.

Also looking at dates, Valve announced Dota 2 just weeks before League was formally released. I still think this actually helped League too, I remember there was a good amount of people who tried LoL due to hearing that Valve was going to make a game in the same genre, and wanted to know what it was about.

Madouu

oh okay

It's not messed up, bubbles (puck) was added soon after the game officially released (v1.0.1 - 05-22-2010). He's slightly different in hon though, his first spell projectile moves much faster so you can actually hit people with it while jaunt only lasts 2.5 seconds > can't always safely blink out after it.

This grinex dude sounds like the most terrifying bounty hunter/slark spawn thing ever.

Looking at wikis, Puck came out June 2008, HoN went into public beta April 2009.

Also looking at dates, Valve announced Dota 2 just weeks before League was formally released. I still think this actually helped League too, I remember there was a good amount of people who tried LoL due to hearing that Valve was going to make a game in the same genre, and wanted to know what it was about.
I think most people would agree hon is a big pile of missed opportunities.

Edit you totally had stuff about hon in there you editor you

It's not messed up, bubbles (puck) was added soon after the game officially released (v1.0.1 - 05-22-2010). He's slightly different in hon though, his first spell projectile moves much faster so you can actually hit people with it while jaunt only lasts 2.5 seconds > can't always safely blink out after it.
He's also a weird ass turtle thing.

Edit I also thought the aegis change was also post hon release, but it wasn't I guess.

I either think all these changes are way newer than they actually are or I think hon is way older than it is.

Madouu

And an accomplished brazilian football player.

Futbol_Bubbles1.png

You used to have the same talk you'd hear about peruvians in dota 2 for brazilians in hon

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think most people would agree hon is a big pile of missed opportunities.

Edit you totally had stuff about hon in there you editor you

Yeah, I did, but I rewrote it like 3 times then went "Fuck it, this sounds horrible, just get rid of it, no one saw it"

HoN came out at a good time and could have taken on League and been in a much better spot by the time Dota 2 finally came around, but its pricing model and game direction killed its chance.

Also, it was totally the Brazilians who you blamed when I played LoL. Dota is when it shifted to the Russians, which is likely due to large European Player base. I wonder if the fact that people complain about Peruvians so much is a sign the game is picking up steam in the Americas.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
kirby please
HoN went into a pubic Beta April 2009, and was release May 2010, 7 months after League, before LoL had really took off. It was a time before Tencent even bought the company, and two days after Riot took over European distribution of the game from GOA, you could still buy LoL on steam when HoN came out. League did not start as a behemoth.

Boken

Banned
HoN went into a pubic Beta April 2009, and was release May 2010, 7 months after League, before LoL had really took off. It was a time before Tencent even bought the company, and two days after Riot took over European distribution of the game from GOA, you could still buy LoL on steam when HoN came out. League did not start as a behemoth.

of course it didnt start as a behemoth

but riot actually had business people + S2 had maliken. it was inevitable that LoL would beat HoN

n u say "but its pricing model and game direction killed its chance"
game direction is pretty much the core of the game, and LoL's pricing model was a huge business decision at the time

ur basically saying "HoN coulda competed with LoL" IF EVERYTHING WAS DIFFERENT

I remember that I started playing LoL partially out of spite since my friends always asked me to play HoN with them and I had no real interest.

Of course, I went from LoL to Dota 2 also partially out of spite.

Karakand

I remember that I started playing LoL partially out of spite since my friends always asked me to play HoN with them and I had no real interest.

Of course, I went from LoL to Dota 2 also partially out of spite.

maybe you should play smite

its name is only one letter different than spite

Razzer

Very late on this but I reckon that DK and Navi are the teams I expect to definitely do well at TI4. After that IG, Vici, Empire are all very very good with a real chance to win it, just not as proven at that level together. EG are talented, we'll see, but they are a dark horse. Alliance and C9 have the talent, comes down to form. In fact that is the main factor in general.Any of the teams I listed have the skill to win it if they are at their best, it'll just be down to who is most on point at the time.

Well not really "refuse," I just don't have a burning desire to (again) subject myself to their shitty F2P and EA-would-blush proclivity for abandoning their products.
See, I played (and enjoyed) Tribes Ascend but I gave it up pretty quickly since I honestly was never that great at it and the payment system wasn't great either.

Even if Tencent are backing Hi-Rez with Smite (and therefore they're saying they won't abandon it) I still don't want to play their games.

Top Bottom