• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
No i mean Envy went to china, got owned by Meracle Naga (i still haven't seen anyone better on the hero than him atm) and when he got back him and rtz started only playing naga in mm for weeks.

i dunno man, meracle might have disovered super saiyan 2 of the classic old naga build, but rtz took this shit to super saiyan 3. not even meracle CONSISTENTLY gets 1000+ GPM on naga, that's just insane.

rtz's illusion micro is on another planet

xanavi

You forgot sunder though. The easiest way to counter tb is to silence him so he can't refill his hp pool and get an easy kill on a previously full hp hero. If his teammates silence him, its kind of easy to kill him.

Nah, you just draft TB and Dazzle first and second with a BS last pick e-z.

Kard8p3

Yes, that is true. Presumably the other teams mmr needs to be higher to balance out the really high mmr player on the other team though.

What I am trying to say is:

Playing with a friend who's mmr is 1K higher than yours results in you having a shit time. This also sometimes happens by random chance, as seen here.

I don't think there is a really good way to avoid this, it's just an observation.

Gonna have to disagree here, I have a friend who is around 4K, and when we queue as two I seem to do more than decently.

shira

who have they got to stand in now that fluff is gone?

Liquid.Demon

This is shira's
iblNkdaqZfQFhJ.jpg

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You forgot sunder though. The easiest way to counter tb is to silence him so he can't refill his hp pool and get an easy kill on a previously full hp hero. If his teammates silence him, its kind of easy to kill him.

People always mention silences as the way to deal with TB, and it is true... until 15 minutes into the game when he has his manta, gets out of your silence, and proceeds to two shot you.

This isn't ember spirit that is averse to buying BKB/manta we're talking about. TB farms more quickly than said spirit, and he'll pick up one or both of those if he has to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sunder is less important than you might think. What you really need to do is make his life a living hell from level 1...

Like PL.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I still haven't seen a better competitive Naga game than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe3HNQYh7eU

That's definitely solid play by meracle and an amazing Naga, and unfortunately I don't have a comparable competitive rtz naga replay to link you because naga is first picked or banned against rtz 100% of the time. But just watching the dude play naga at 6k mmr, he's just on another level, even compared to meracle IMO. 1000 GPM on a consistent basis, 500 cs at 28 minutes, that's just unbelievable. His micro is above and beyond anything I've seen in both pubs and pro's.

That meracle naga game reminds me of when Loda picked naga against (c9 maybe) someone a few weeks ago and alliance made a nice come-back victory. Still think rtz has mastered that hero like no other though.

I like how naga went from first pick/first ban a year and a half ago to untouched to first pick hard support to now uber carry with few balance changes.

It's entertaining.

Karakand

Sunder is less important than you might think. What you really need to do is make his life a living hell from level 1...

Like PL.

I played against a Terrorblade that was having a bad game last night who tried to use Sunder as a crutch instead of Metamorphosis. It didn't go very well for them.

aeolist

Banned
i love it when akke gets loda's dominated creep

i remember seeing a few games of him playing as CM with a troll or centaur companion

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I like how naga went from first pick/first ban a year and a half ago to untouched to first pick hard support to now uber carry with few balance changes.

It's entertaining.

Oh she's only an uber carry in the right hands, notice that she is still most commonly played as a support by most teams and usually goes into the second round untouched (sometimes not even picked up at all) unless EG is in the game.

Lotto

They should give Bloodseeker an Aghs upgrade that makes Rupture do a small target area AoE, something like Silencer's Curse of the Silent. Everyone would be running around like headless chickens, blood splurting everywhere.

Icefrog just needs to put more Aghs upgrades on everyone dang it

inkls

Nah, you just draft TB and Dazzle first and second with a BS last pick e-z.

Well if we're speculating drafts, the other team picks axe.

People always mention silences as the way to deal with TB, and it is true... until 15 minutes into the game when he has his manta, gets out of your silence, and proceeds to two shot you.

This isn't ember spirit that is averse to buying BKB/manta we're talking about. TB farms more quickly than said spirit, and he'll pick up one or both of those if he has to.

Only for purgable silences from items and some abilities. Doom, Disruptor ult and as far as items go Linken's.

Like PL.

Although sunder can be used as a comeback mechanism since you can get kills on someone regardless of level disparity (ignoring anticipation of it by the opponent in this scenario of course).

axe isn't good vs dazzle. axe tries to tank the creepwave, dazzle heals it and deals 10k damage to axe. his grave and heal counter battle hunger too. and tb usually goes skadi > manta which will also make axe even more useless late game. any long range slow can be a problem for axe

Top Bottom