• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Hylian7

And I'm moved into my place in Austin.

eEVINRa.png

Jelly? Stream to come later.

Radiance Naga is so good, I've been abusing the radiance into manta/travels build to farm MMR

Icefaux don't nerf pls

I have been attempting this very same thing, but it seems that by the time I get radiance up we are in danger of losing at least 1 rax. I have trouble deciding on whether to come back and team fight or continue farming. Seems like so much time is wasted chasing dumb fights.

Needless to say, I get yelled at the entire time as the reason we lose.

Oh she's only an uber carry in the right hands, notice that she is still most commonly played as a support by most teams and usually goes into the second round untouched (sometimes not even picked up at all) unless EG is in the game.

I haven't watched a whole lot of pro games in the last few weeks, but I hadn't seen her picked up as a support as all really. I'm assuming she is used as that when picked solely to deny it from rtz and the like.

But I like it when it's like that regarding "right hands". Gives personality to the meta and the teams. Like how you ban mirana against singsing and whatnot. It's fun then.

lol virgin

I have the same internet as matt but in London.

Matt, your Csgo editor hasn't written anything about thorin being a racist, are we going to get an article on your colleague anytime soon?

Sibylus

Banned
Liquid not playing like complete bantha poodoo? Pleasant surprise for my return from a great series of CS:GO (nailbiter between Titan and Virtus.Pro).

Wok

Yes, on the right hands.

Every carry lives Io.

Moreover, his matches are quite short: most of the time between 20 and 30 minutes.

The item build at the end of the game is usually:
  • Bottle
  • Magic Wand
  • Urn of Shadows
  • Mekansm
  • Heart of Tarrasque
  • Town Portal Scroll

With more gold, you can sell the bottle and the tp and buy more Hearts of Tarrasque.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He always goes mid, and from the games I've glanced at it looks like he always wins it. He's almost always in a 5 stack that he plays with often, so I'm guessing it's a group of friends that are experienced in Io-based strategies.

Basically, you take TI3 Alliance on a bad day and then throw them into matchmaking and you get 93% win rate on Io.
Okay, how can you win a mid lane if your courier dies before you even get your bottle?

Farm and have someone control runes.

Hylian7

He always goes mid, and from the games I've glanced at it looks like he always wins it. He's almost always in a 5 stack that he plays with often, so I'm guessing it's a group of friends that are experienced in Io-based strategies.

Basically, you take TI3 Alliance on a bad day and then throw them into matchmaking and you get 93% win rate on Io.

Farm and have someone control runes.

Maybe I should have completed that sentence...in an unfavorable matchup.

Haly

Maybe I should have completed that sentence...in an unfavorable matchup.

It's the same thing regardless of matchup. There's no magic bullet to coming back from a bad situation. It's just a matter of playing better.

How to play better? Read this, apply knowledge, and practice mechanics.

inkls

I mean in this case you could pretty much say doom and a disruptor with aghs counter everything.

Yeah, got a bit lazy and stopped after those two. Can Manta purge Silencer's ult?

Axe vs Dazzle sounds good on paper but I don't know how you're going walk in on a 200+ damage TB with illusions at level 7 without a lot of pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meH9uKpQfzM

axe isn't good vs dazzle. axe tries to tank the creepwave, dazzle heals it and deals 10k damage to axe. his grave and heal counter battle hunger too. and tb usually goes skadi > manta which will also make axe even more useless late game. any long range slow can be a problem for axe

Anything late game is going to be a problem for axe, why would you tank creepwaves in the early game anywhere near dazzle though? You pick axe vs dazzle because your ult goes through shallow grave, ez kills

Haly

Pudge (me) vs QoP

Okay, do this:
4.3 Aggro tricks – solution to the failed creeblock

Yes, it happens even to the best players so there’s nothing to be ashamed of. The solution to this is really simple – come close to the creeps as soon as the enemy shows up from fog and A-click him, then run back a little. You should end up with at least some of the creeps down in the river, where you can lasthit them without miss chance. If your enemy plays really passively and is not harassing you, you probably won’t be able to see him for a long time. In that case you can use your creep aggro knowledge and simply A-click enemy on a different lane. Optimally you want to lure enemy creeps into attacking your ranged creep, so the wave starts pushing towards your tower.

Over and over again. Just keep drawing creep aggro into your ranged creep until the wave pushes back to your tower.

Alternatively, you can not pick Pudge.

Hylian7

Okay, do this:

Over and over again. Just keep drawing creep aggro into your ranged creep until the wave pushes back to your tower.

Alternatively, you can not pick Pudge.

I agree Pudge wasn't ideal for this situation, but that seems like good advice.

Haly

No I mean, just don't pick Pudge in general unless you're very confident in your mid game (which you aren't).

Pudge is for people waving their mid dick around.

Hylian7

No I mean, just don't pick Pudge in general unless you're very confident in your mid game (which you aren't).

Pudge is for people waving their mid dick around.

I disagree, I am confident enough in my game, just run into trouble spots sometimes. I often do quite well with Pudge

Top Bottom