• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nobody grabbed a mid hero in this silly single draft game so I went Bane mid for the first time.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/586624458

I'm normally alright on this hero, but with the head start from mid and a bunch of early points in stats I went harder than usual.

Hylian7

RanDUMB Broodmother buff idea:

Spin Web

In addition, enemies standing in the web have their vision reduced by 0/100/200/300. Does not go through magic immunity. Spells that give vision still give their full vision.

Satch

Banned
ive been drinking these bud light margarita things all day and i just feel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
update on that 3.5k guy who bought the 4.7k account. he lost 50 mmr after 100 games

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9183496&postcount=802

damn he musta improved playing with all those upper 4k players, i remember his last match history wasn't pretty...

3.5k mmr dude updated match history said:
fRqywhv.png

o wait

Kudos to his unfortunate teammates for dead-lifting the equivalent of 500lb every game and his realization that he's so god awful that he has to spam minimal input for maximum effect heroes (tree, bristle, timber) to teeter around 50% winrate. Someone also posted a few screens of the dude telling his other players to place wards and buy mek when he's playing a 5 tree rofl... He knows he doesn't belong and he actively tries to minimize his impact on games. Solid strat.

so happy diablo 3/rd2l are occupying my time so i never have to run into this guy in ranked.

This is the first time I've come across WIHTV and he is a terrible commentator.

Also his voice broke after the match so he is also a preteen.

Also I'll admit Lycan is very strong but if you don't pick any sort of counterpush vs Lycan/Furion and decide to go full late game you deserve to lose.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Lycan just fits the current meta perfectly (early 5 man deathball push) and he's always been a kind of counter to harder carries--simply because he excels at ending the game early with his innate steroids and pushing potential that make him a formidable mid-game carry. The recent buffs to his wolves (80% magic res + the hp regen) put him a tad over the top IMO, wolves are much more difficult to kill (despite them having less HP) compared to 6.74 (especially for supports).

The best way to play against lycan right now is to simply aggro tri against him, you absolutely cannot give him a free laning phase. You have to treat him like an AM with a cheaper core, he's a mid-game monster but his early laning isn't that great outside of simply howling for his team. Lycan jungle in competitive is pretty much dead, you can't get away with that shit outside of pubs.

All in all though, I think howl is just a little too strong and meshes too well with many of the current popular heroes/strats (howl + chilling touch LOL). Best way to nerf him is to simply reduce the damage of howl by 10 at all levels and up the manacost to something like a flat 35-40 at all levels IMO. Lycan's always been my favorite hero and I think he's one of the more fun heroes to watch in competitive (especially in this meta, he isn't really played as a split-pusher like in 6.74--he forces clashes and more dynamic shorter, faster-paced competitive games), but even I get tired of seeing him over-picked in both competitive and higher tier pubs. The most fun I had playing Lycan was after his 6.74 nerf when people underestimated and completely ignored the hero, allowing you to sneak under the radar and dominate most games.

Kard8p3

Lycan just fits the current meta perfectly (early 5 man deathball push) and he's always been a kind of counter to harder carries--simply because he excels at ending the game early with his innate steroids and pushing potential that make him a formidable mid-game carry. The recent buffs to his wolves (80% magic res + the hp regen) put him a tad over the top IMO, wolves are much more difficult to kill (despite them having less HP) compared to 6.74 (especially for supports).

The best way to play against lycan right now is to simply aggro tri against him, you absolutely cannot give him a free laning phase. You have to treat him like an AM with a cheaper core, he's a mid-game monster but his early laning isn't that great outside of simply howling for his team. Lycan jungle in competitive is pretty much dead, you can't get away with that shit outside of pubs.

All in all though, I think howl is just a little too strong and meshes too well with many of the current popular heroes/strats (howl + chilling touch LOL). Best way to nerf him is to simply reduce the damage of howl by 10 at all levels and up the manacost to something like a flat 35-40 at all levels IMO. Lycan's always been my favorite hero and I think he's one of the more fun heroes to watch in competitive (especially in this meta, he isn't really played as a split-pusher like in 6.74--he forces clashes and more dynamic shorter, faster-paced competitive games), but even I get tired of seeing him over-picked in both competitive and higher tier pubs. The most fun I had playing Lycan was after his 6.74 nerf when people underestimated and completely ignored the hero, allowing you to sneak under the radar and dominate most games.

Can confirm, aggro tri fucks him up, had to rotate vs that a few matches ago.

Also I never really thought about how good howl is..I usually max Q/E first, maybe get 1 point in W, but I always max it last; I take it that's not the best skill build though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
yo if anyone from dota-gaf is playing ESO lemme kno, i need ESO friends (mumblegaf sucks dick)

Also I never really thought about how good howl is..I usually max Q/E first, maybe get 1 point in W, but I always max it last; I take it that's not the best skill build though.

i used to underestimate it in the past, but these days you should always go howl level 1 if you aren't jungling (it's what give lycan a bit of a presence in a trilane, if someone on the enemy is out of position and gets slowed/stunned, the howl bonus damage will almost always guarantee first blood--not to mention it helps your mid and off-lane).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
when's this shit come out?

and it's a monthly sub too, right?

early access starts today, 1 free month and then it's a monthly sub, ur super rich kard so u should buy it and level with me (we get a shit ton of xp)

I thought the game was awful in early beta, but the recent beta weekends have been a blast. The game has come a long way since beta and it's a breath of fresh air coming from WoW clones.

Kard8p3

early access starts today, 1 free month and then it's a monthly sub, ur super rich kard so u should buy it and level with me (we get a shit ton of xp)

I thought the game was awful in early beta, but the recent beta weekends have been a blast. The game has come a long way since beta and it's a breath of fresh air coming from WoW clones.

How much is it? If it's not too bad I'll grab it before I head to bed.

edit: the site looks borked :/ guess I'll grab it when I wake up.

docbon

another believer

welcome to the church of ESO

rejoice.png

Boken

Banned

Anbokr son I am disappointed

Ultimatum

Banned
Towelliee is playing ESO and just said "the game could be good if you don't fall asleep through it"

the game has nice graphics, that's about it

but I do wish there was a new good mmo to play

but

more importantly

vg vs newbee about to start

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

"...So I upped the difficulty to Easy..."

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Towelliee is playing ESO and just said "the game could be good if you don't fall asleep through it"

the game has nice graphics, that's about it

but I do wish there was a new good mmo to play

but

more importantly

vg vs newbee about to start

Towelliee is a complete dumbass and quite possibly the worst streamer to ever grace twitch -- dude has the attention span and personality of a toddler. How he still gets viewers I'll never know, must be his enormous tits.

Anyhow, game has a lot of haters on gaf and I used to be one of them, but instead of completely buying into the hivemind, I decided to legit check it out, dabble in the recent beta, and research the game, and I liked pretty much everything that I saw and so I jumped on board. ESO might not be for everyone, but it's definitely a game that I'm enjoying. It avoids being as bland, boring, and repetitive as GW2 while managing not to copy 99% of WoW like SW:TOR (which I enjoyed btw, SW:TOR was much better than the steaming pile of dogshit that was Diablo Wars 2). It seems to be largely based off of Dark Age of Camelot and I've heard nothing but great things about that old ass MMO.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Naga Siren Arteezy Set ideas so far from what I have from asking last time:

A sadboys somewhere on her chest.
Sadboys on her weapon?
Radiance somehwere
Manta somewhere

RnB naga outfit? lol

I'm so lost. Any other personality or uniquely arteezy naga ideas I can stew over or put into the set design?

Do you think the community will hate me putting S A D B O Y S on her breastplate? lol

Demoli

Sadboys on her weapon?
Radiance somehwere
Manta somewhere

RnB naga outfit? lol

I'm so lost. Any other personality or uniquely arteezy naga ideas I can stew over or put into the set design?

Do you think the community will hate me putting S A D B O Y S on her breastplate? lol

Why not a Radiance and a Diffusal as blades?

Ultimatum

Banned
hao worst carry in china?

just make the set out of gold since arteezy always gets ike 800gpm+

maybe see if it's possible to change the sound of song like the mod?

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine

I saw today his build was no radiance and double Diffusal. That was really interesting. But I find he doesn't build diffusal on his farming builds. I would love to do manta style or radience weapons. Perhaps make the manta as weapons and give her a radiance headdress. Would be interesting if I can make it work.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

That would look weird as hell IMO, I like my blade symmetry. Would be cool though if you had the choice and get three separate weapon styles (radiance-inspired/radiance-inspired, diffusal-inspired/diffusal-inspired, radiance/diffusal).

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
If you make a Radiance cosmetic, can you add a glowing effect to it when you actually get a Radiance in game? That would be pretty cool, but it might fuck with balance.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
If you make a Radiance cosmetic, can you add a glowing effect to it when you actually get a Radiance in game? That would be pretty cool, but it might fuck with balance.

I wouldn't know how to do that, but valve would!

Anbokr: I agree, I like blade symmetry as it looks like I have a proper set of them.

Acinixys

I saw today his build was no radiance and double Diffusal. That was really interesting. But I find he doesn't build diffusal on his farming builds. I would love to do manta style or radience weapons. Perhaps make the manta as weapons and give her a radiance headdress. Would be interesting if I can make it work.

I think Diffusal blades would look the best as weapons

With maybe a Radiance strapped to her back or something (Like, when you purchase one it appears in game on her back)

The Radiance model in game is of a very large and heavy 2 handed sword. It would be hard to make it look right in Nagas hands IMO

Sadboys on her weapon?
Radiance somehwere
Manta somewhere

RnB naga outfit? lol

Is there no way to ask him directly?

Edit: What's his heritage, could do something that incorporates it which doesn't clash with the design of Naga.

Or you could give her SADBOYS breastplate.

shira

That would look weird as hell IMO, I like my blade symmetry. Would be cool though if you had the choice and get three separate weapon styles (radiance-inspired/radiance-inspired, diffusal-inspired/diffusal-inspired, radiance/diffusal).

ibdwRLoeFDePPR.png

Whats up with the captains mode swords? Shadow and diffusal crosssed? It's used a lot in other places too

Ultimatum

Banned
would dota be better if there was no notification of unseen neutral kills? so if the enemy dies to neutrals outside of vision then you have no idea they are dead

Top Bottom