• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Wok

It was weird. I was looking to see when the last tf2 schematic update was and happened to see Dota 2 was updated today, and low and behold there's two Roshan loading screens, the couriers and a gift that has a random chance to give either of the couriers, with one of the loading screens as a bonus item.

The loading screens are called Roshan's Rage and Roshan's Greed

Could the gift be the compendium for TI4?

roshan_greed_large.4ebd0d73f20ecc6268ae0ec4245c8f0c10baa768.png

roshan_rage_large.2ea86cab7b185d34c2bb657a61e28d83b63b05f5.png

I refuse to believe I am the first person to notice these in the 20 hours they've existed in the item schema

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was thinking of uncommon lanes with heroes that aren't played that much, but could fit the meta.

Rate: Undying + Dazzle (Idea being counter initiate, good harass and zoning, extremely hard to kill, tons of physical burst damage (Shadow Wave on zombies) and slow)
Bonus: Both swag heroes

Demoli

As for an update this week, Bruno said on the dreamleague stream that they want to get out their cosmetics this week as much as possible, since this will e the last update before valve's company wide trip to Hawaii they do every year. So it should either be this week on by the end of the month if memory serves right from last year.

Edit: Rhasta and Lion are both great vs Bristle because of their natural Hex. Slardar is good aswell.

So yeah, I'm really bad with PA :/

Quick question, who's good vs bristle?
Necro.

The best answer though is just don't let him get farm at all. Kill him early (earlier than you think you need to), don't let him farm your team in kills (can have the same problem as bloodseeker, just tp away), and he really won't be strong in the mid, making him not great in the late game.

Oh and magic stick in lane. Will save your life.

Be cognizant on how many stacks of quills you have on you. If you think you're going to kill him even though he has 100 hp and there are three of your team there at near full health... but you have 4 stacks on you... triple kill.

inkls

I would say timbersaw because whirling death.

yeah, thats what I though, but the other team second banned timber

Necro.

The best answer though is just don't let him get farm at all. Kill him early (earlier than you think you need to), don't let him farm your team in kills (can have the same problem as bloodseeker, just tp away), and he really won't be strong in the mid, making him not great in the late game.

Oh and magic stick in lane. Will save your life.

Be cognizant on how many stacks of quills you have on you. If you think you're going to kill him even though he has 100 hp and there are three of your team there at near full health... but you have 4 stacks on you... triple kill.

Yeah I can see that. Played bristle earlier today and the entire team dived me next to dire top t1, got an ultrakill. Its easy to underestimate his quills.

Doom is good vs bristle.

What exactly makes Doom against BB, and please don't say Doom because that is just good in general.

Doom disables his bristle back passive, so he doesn't get the 40% dmg reduction from the back and 20% side damage reduction. He can't spam kills or build up his ult while doomed also. edit: and yeah lvl? death is great vs a fed bristle, takes out chunks of his hp.

Also, but how do you deal with a bristle that sticks with his team 24/7?

Either we focused him, killed him and died or we focused other team members and died to him.

What is this in reference to?

EG had a one game advantage for coming up through winners bracket in the starladder tournament, but it was a best of 3, and there was really no mention of this in the rules.

He said, whoops that must be a misunderstanding, and now eg is trying to figure out what's going on. It's a silly thing.

Tobe

ok so who is going to ti4, last year anuxi was there, Dreams and me, dont know if other gaffer went there.

ok im going with a fellow friend from here, (fuck it we bringing a peruvian flag) anybody wants to share a hotel room??

can we make something like a google doc or something so we can make arrangements? hotels are fucking expensive. this is probably a 3k usd trip for me and my friend.

There's a pinball/arcade bar that is pretty near by the arena (by big city standards) that could work for a gaf meet up. I've been there it's pretty cool.

Fake edit: I forget some members might not be 21.

ok so who is going to ti4, last year anuxi was there, Dreams and me, dont know if other gaffer went there.

ok im going with a fellow friend from here, (fuck it we bringing a peruvian flag) anybody wants to share a hotel room??

can we make something like a google doc or something so we can make arrangements? hotels are fucking expensive. this is probably a 3k usd trip for me and my friend.
Ketch was looking to split a hotel room. Talk to him.

I'm still going to be looking at hostels me thinks.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Thacker's going?

Tobe

dont really now thacker lol. i kinda stopped posting i still play with gaffers now and then but usually with the same ppl, duesy vaporak, steve winwood, nemesis.

wow these hotel prices are stupidly expensive

Try hostels. These are the two closer ones to the arena, and I'll be using one of them most likely.

http://www.cityhostelseattle.com/
http://www.seattle.aaeworldhotels.com/

It can be an uncomfortable situation for some, but if you're fine with sharing a room with 5 other strangers that might not speak english that well and sharing a bathroom with a hallway, it ends up being ~30 to ~40 bucks a night. They can be really fun too if you're good at making friends with strangers and liked dorm life.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are we able to book hostels together? I'm likely going to want to book something with other people, but I'm not doing any booking till I get a ticket.

What kind of seating is every one going for? I'm hoping to get a floor spot.

Chris R

I'm waiting to see if I get a ticket. I did warn work I might need a week in July off and they were okay.

Worst case scenario I'm buying a ticket off a scalper or just enjoying Seattle for a few days (and going to a Sounders game and an extra Mariners one).

edit: I might get floor or GA... still haven't decided.

Ketch

I was thinking about splitting a room. How much are the rooms running? I typically get rooms in Portland for like $100 a night.... But Seattle is probably a bit more.

Top Bottom