• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT4| The saga of Vade and ReRixo: the Boat Anchors continues.

Naga is one of the most banned heroes for a reason, same as lycan, we´re gonna see a lot of long BORING games on TI4 especially on the chinese teams, Im sure Icefrog vision its to get a more fast paced dota.

Lycan is fast paced. Dunno what else you want from him!

FACE

Banned
Naga is one of the most banned heroes for a reason, same as lycan, we´re gonna see a lot of long BORING games on TI4 especially on the chinese teams, Im sure Icefrog vision its to get a more fast paced dota.

Lycan goes HAM on towers and the enemy team when he hits lvl 6, I don't know what you're talking about bro.

Hylian7

Knee-jerk reactions for heroes to get nerfed really suck. I hope Lycan doesn't get hit too badly.

Honestly I expect Lycan to get a slap on the wrist at most. If anything it won't be like the post-TI2 nerf.

What I want is Earth Spirit buffs. The hero's still good in concept, but pretty weak at the moment.

I also want a Mirana nerf, but I doubt it is going to happen and doesn't need to happen. I'm just getting sick of seeing that hero, but she is not OP.

Invoker EMP needs to have it's balls chopped off. That shit can fuck right off. If they really want to keep it powerful, then double it's cooldown or something, because seriously fuck that noise.

I still want to see Vanguard be a useful item again. "Oh no he's got Vanguard at 8 minutes, we're fucked!" said no one ever. Make it disassemblable. Come on IceFrog...

Terrorblade speaks for itself. TB's incoming nerf will say to him "Shriek when you see me."

Something else I want to see is another option to turn a Wraith Band into something. Right now it's either make an Aquila or throw it away. Bracer turns into Drums, which are awesome on almost everybody. Null Talisman turns into Dagon or Veil of Discord. Why the hate for Agility? All they get is shitty Ring of Aquila, which is great if you were basically planning on Wraith Band + Basilius, but that's all you get.

Somehow this post turned into my 6.81 wishlist.

On a random note, how the hell is this possible:

EHXPoc7.png

TP, Wand, Bottle, and Branch are ALL used LESS than Treads somehow?! The fuck?! More importantly, how is brown boots BELOW all the other boots?

Also why is animal courier's winrate so low at 15.48%? This must mean you should not buy a courier, duh! That our courier is the new Earth Spirit.

Boken

Banned
On a random note, how the hell is this possible:

TP, Wand, Bottle, and Branch are ALL used LESS than Treads somehow?! The fuck?! More importantly, how is brown boots BELOW all the other boots?

Also why is animal courier's winrate so low at 15.48%? This must mean you should not buy a courier, duh! That our courier is the new Earth Spirit.

just looking at those stats my guess is that dotabuff is parsing item data from the end game screens.

now everything makes sense, ja?

rac

Banned
Honestly I expect Lycan to get a slap on the wrist at most. If anything it won't be like the post-TI2 nerf.

Maybe changing something small would make people think he's more balanced. Change howl so that it isn't global or something along those lines.

Radec

Was beastmaster and naix banned from that game? Those 2 worked well on tinker by liquid. Didn't catch the drafting.

The replay deserves it's own thread so the rest of Gaf can be as entertained.

The buyback and rat moves was so intense.

Come on now.

That game doesnt even come close to the best games in TI3.

Trasher

You can't have it both ways. They went to the CD finals through the winner's bracket so they clearly "gave shits" about winning up to then but now you're trying to purport they just gave up in the finals because "lol, only 20k, whateves!"

The last International Na'Vi tried a carry Venge in game one against Alliance in the grand finals. The International prior to that they picked Nyx when he was considered terrible and had yet to receive the spiked carapace rework. They do "try to win" even when running unconventional drafts.
My main point here is you can't equate winning a CD tournament to that of a CM one. Don't include them in the same breath as if they're equal because they're not.

Fnatic needs to break the curse by winning a CM tournament.

Tobe

i still remember watching ogre get picked and the cosplaying dudes went apeshit, runnin across the aisles and shit. i was with DV there. goddamit shit was epic.

Radec

i still remember watching ogre get picked and the cosplaying dudes went apeshit, runnin across the aisles and shit. i was with DV there. goddamit shit was epic.
Yeah lol.

Also the enigma guy doing blackhole when the ingame enigma does.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
kirby is like a celebrity now

edit: confirmed Brad took today off to play Dota, not sick.

Chris R

I don't understand the appeal of floor seats, give me some elevation (don't want nosebleeds either though... so I guess I might just get floor seats :| )

Also, how does the compendium work for those at the event? Do I get my courier with every game viewed?]

lol, thats the giantbomb guys

Were they streaming? I need to see this.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I know what MMR the GB stack is in now I guess.
I was thinking of uncommon lanes with heroes that aren't played that much, but could fit the meta.

Rate: Undying + Dazzle (Idea being counter initiate, good harass and zoning, extremely hard to kill, tons of physical burst damage (Shadow Wave on zombies) and slow)
Bonus: Both swag heroes
pls respond

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
doesn't look like it was broadcast on either the giant bomb twitch or on crispy's :(
Crispy's is probably pretty high, but I can only imagine where Brad is in that it's probably super low.
Yeah from what I saw on the old stream he was their best player.

I meant if Kirby is queuing into them he's at my MMR.

n0b

Crispy's is probably pretty high, but I can only imagine where Brad is in that it's probably super low.

Yeah I think its pretty much because we were queuing with my friend who is really new (200 less games than brad) that we matched with their stack. Both teams had a decent combo of new and long-time players.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I was thinking of uncommon lanes with heroes that aren't played that much, but could fit the meta.

Rate: Undying + Dazzle (Idea being counter initiate, good harass and zoning, extremely hard to kill, tons of physical burst damage (Shadow Wave on zombies) and slow)
Bonus: Both swag heroes

Dazzle is picked quite a bit in competitive, but yeah this has always been a traditional undying uber crunch dual lane.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
doesn't look like it was broadcast on either the giant bomb twitch or on crispy's :(

That would make a lot of since, since buddy Pat still has a pretty low MMR. At least hes getting better. Brads teams a 5 man.

Man they have a PA, better get a Ghost Scepter!

OH MOTHERFUCK THEY HAVE A SKYWRATHBLARGHHHH

I think it was still the best choice, while the Skywrath ult would hurt, I don't think he was getting hit by it, and our team is all physical DPS. I

ts really odd that their GPM was so low for the first 25 minutes, our PA didn't have much farm, mid flat out lost to the extreme, and it looked like top had some huge jungle stack they were doing.

Crispy sadly went glass cannon, so once we locked him down a few fights he just wasn't a factor. Didn't help him once we just grabbed a gem.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/590877148

god help me this was the most hilarious match I've played in a while

We were getting demolished and pushed back to our t3s. KOTL was talking so much shit. Then sniper started to get fed while we were defending like many snipers do, picking off heroes from the high ground with right clicks and his ult. Eventually we started consistently team wiping and it was all over for them.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Crispy sadly went glass cannon, so once we locked him down a few fights he just wasn't a factor. Didn't help him once we just grabbed a gem.
Also the whole 'mana orb/Shadow Blade' thing.

Also Australia is getting Carl's Jr. I have no idea why it isn't named Carl Jr's and whether it's any good or not (all I know is it has raunchy advertising)

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

ember is always glass cannon

but yeah the whole "saw arteezy buy sb ember once on his stream so must be legit ima be superstar pro pubstomper 2!!" doesn't help.

Also the whole 'mana orb/Shadow Blade' thing.

Also Australia is getting Carl's Jr. I have no idea why it isn't named Carl Jr's and whether it's any good or not (all I know is it has raunchy advertising)

I actually know this. The guy who started it was named Carl, and his first food places were called Carl's Drive Ins. They expanded and it was just shortened to Carl's. Then later smaller chains of the same thing popped up and they were called Carl's Jr. Like Carl's ....... Jr.

They have like one ad a year with attractive women eating hamburgers. Most of their advertising isn't that out there.

And they're also known as Hardees where I live.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dazzle is picked quite a bit in competitive, but yeah this has always been a traditional undying uber crunch dual lane.
Cool. It was more Undying and me thinking of synergy. I tried it out in a lobby, holy shit.
I got Dazzle in a LH practice and took a closer look at his skills. A lot of fun, didn't realize Poison Touch DoT was so large and ministun on impact and also physical.
guys I just hit 3,7k MMR, now I join the race #roadto4k along hylian and hazaro wish me luck gg
Knock yourself out. #pavingmorelanesat3.7k

I think it was still the best choice, while the Skywrath ult would hurt, I don't think he was getting hit by it, and our team is all physical DPS.

Its really odd that their GPM was so low for the first 25 minutes, our PA didn't have much farm, mid flat out lost to the extreme, and it looked like top had some huge jungle stack they were doing.

I would never get a Ghost Scepter going up against Skywrath, Puck, and Enigma. There's too much magic damage to take. Yes, it saves you from PA and BB, but neither of those are likely to target an Undying anyway. He would have been better served getting a Pipe instead of Ghost/Vlad's. BH should have covered the Vlad's.

They clearly didn't go for pushing at all. Crispy was going bonkers killing you guys but you at least survived enough to defend towers, or they played incredibly stupid. They went for a gank-heavy lineup (BH, Ember, Venge, Slardar) and did gank, but the point of ganking is to get heroes down so you can press the advantage and take towers. 1.3k TD on a team with a 23/10/9 Ember Spirit is unacceptable. Going BKB might have helped against Skywrath and Puck, but Black Hole still goes through it, so I'm not sure it would have made a huge difference. They needed to push, and clearly never did.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/590877148

god help me this was the most hilarious match I've played in a while

We were getting demolished and pushed back to our t3s. KOTL was talking so much shit. Then sniper started to get fed while we were defending like many snipers do, picking off heroes from the high ground with right clicks and his ult. Eventually we started consistently team wiping and it was all over for them.
iiMCJMtWo3lC.gif

Jesus what MMR bracket is that in? SB with Vanguard, SK with BKB and no Blink, TA going Daedalus before Deso, DK going full tank build, Sniper stacking Orb Effects--granted that last one is forgivable since Mjollnir stacks favorably with most things. How does a Sniper ever win that hard? Seriously. They must have charged him while he sat in fountain and fed him in the most ridiculous way possible...

Goldmund

I don't need new hero/item buffs and nerfs personally as they probably wouldn't significantly affect the games I play. I'd like to see them, though, because watching pro games has become really, really boring. Almost every other game I watch is Ember/Naga vs. Lycan with Dazzle, AA, Rhasta and Visage supporting, and Mirana, Clockwerk, Batrider and Nyx ganking. There are some variations on this theme (with another 30 or so heroes able to fill a spot because of a ban or to counter more effectively), but the pool of viable hero combinations seems rather limited on that level.

I don't need new hero/item buffs and nerfs personally as they probably wouldn't significantly affect the games I play. I'd like to see them, though, because watching pro games has become really, really boring. Almost every other game I watch is Ember/Naga vs. Lycan with Dazzle, AA, Rhasta and Visage supporting, and Mirana, Clockwerk, Batrider and Nyx ganking. There are some variations on this theme (with another 30 or so heroes able to fill a spot because of a ban or to counter more effectively), but the pool of viable hero combinations seems rather limited on that level.

Pretty sure we'll get a lot of balance fixes soon, ~2 monthes before TI4 to try and shift the popular picks around for the big event. If I'm remembering correctly there has always been a sizeable balance patch before TI Qualifiers.

elyetis

I <3 ability draft

4snUmaH.jpg

people don't realize how OP napalm is.
Last time I played against someone with Napalm + rot the result was pretty much the same, really good combo.

Sadly the lack of text chat + inability to recommend skill to other player make me enjoy ability draft far less than what it should. Everytime someone pick Eclipse without Lucent Beam, a puppy shed a tear. ( I also had an ally pick Fiery Soul without any active skill... )

Top Bottom