• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

Does anyone remember that 3k dude who bought a 5k or so account a while back and tried to see if they could hold their own? Wasn't there a thread about it somewhere? I need it for research.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If he leaves, doesn't that mean EG is disqualified from the International?

I'm assuming they've probably been talking with Valve for quite a long time about the whole situation and considering that Mason has been playing with EG for the last 4-5 months, I don't think it's cut and dry. Valve invited teams with their current set of players, and Mason has technically been EG's 1 player for quite awhile now.

With EG being so cool about it all behind the scenes (i.e. Arteezy and ppd openly talking about TI, practicing, bootcamping and being evasive about the fear topic) makes it seem like they know their invite is secure and have been communicating with Valve.

How do you fuck up your wrist that badly just playing Dota...I suspect there were some extracurricular activities involved

Might be his wrist is just a minor problem now, but minor enough to hamper competitive play considerably. Not to mention him not playing for 4 months might be a bigger factor in his "rumored" withdrawal.

list of anbokr dota people's magazine gossip evidence:
*Fear tweeting shit about life sucking a month or so back
*Fear changing his in game name to "free agent fear" and "rock bottom" about a month ago
*Arteezy being dodgy about the Fear question everytime he's asked on stream
*1437 joking about leaking "a secret" on Arteezy stream, Arteezy immediately shutting him up
*later, 1437 jokingly bringing up Fear during a late night Arteezy stream, almost sarcastically saying, "Huh? So what's going on with fear buddy! You guys going to lose your invite, is he going to play." You could almost hear him winking, suggesting he knows something (while Arteezy was being dodgy as usual)
*Fear being dropped off EG fantasy team
*Fear being the only NA pro chillin at bts/casting instead of practicing with his team or continuing his "road to recovery"
*this latest Fear "announcement"

plz subscribe for weekly issues

Zeth

Einbroch?

Idk what this is. Clarification - he just mentioned something on stream about news coming soon- the idea that he's not playing is speculation - I'm sure there's a reddit thread being created if it means anything.

And all that Chinese dota drama was a misunderstanding/miscommunication? What a surprise! I guess the racism of some players is real though.

manfestival

When I started playing this game in november, there was a decent amount of couriers. At this point about 6 months or so later, there are almost double the couriers. What happened?

Quesa

I selfishly want Fear to continue casting instead of playing because I think he's pretty good at it.

And thanks gully!

It's funny that months later his MMR is supposedly still roughly the same but when you look at individual matches, his KDA is still fairly poor. I'm guessing at that MMR level, the better players are able to make up for his poor play.

Ultrabum

It's funny that months later his MMR is supposedly still roughly the same but when you look at individual matches, his KDA is still fairly poor. I'm guessing at that MMR level, the better players are able to make up for his poor play.

Everyone knows that KDA is the only reflection of a players skill. Thats why all the best players like RTZ and EE play Mid and carry.

Acinixys

That age related brain decline hitting hard

Everyone knows that KDA is the only reflection of a players skill. Thats why all the best players like RTZ and EE play Mid and carry.

Well you're right that it's not definitive...I dunno I guess in some ways it's impressive(?) for a guy to maintain his bought 4.7K MMR account over 100+ matches despite only being ranked as a 3.2K MMR player.

That age related brain decline hitting hard

I don't get it.

Acinixys

I don't get it.

Well shit though you were talking about Fear retiring

But you were talking about the low tier player and his MMR

picard-facepalm.jpg

Ketch

Sick denies.

How do I make webm? It's really important guys.

edit: Also if Fear isn't playing at the TI then I'm moving out of Oregon.

Quesa

haha...I probably should've quoted Ape_Agape..

Everybody should quote me

I'm an inspiration

And my conclusion from looking at his DB is that while KDA isn't the best thing to work off with regards to play skill in a given match, he's trending down, and looking at some scoreboards it seems the thing keeping him in place is players who carry him. He has a good game every once in a while but in general he has the idea of keeping his role low-impact that his chances of losing the game for his team are low. He's sort of relying on the nebulous "forced 50" to keep him afloat. He's not useless, but judging from his scoreboards in the long run he's probably not having too much fun. But he's playing support where performance is harder to gauge so we'd have to look at replays to be sure. My guess is that he's learning a ton though.

Sick denies.

How do I make webm? It's really important guys.

Download Miro Converter
(Careful during the install, it's gonna want to install bad juju on your shit)

Get OBS

Record moment in OBS (yes you can record without having to stream)

Convert mp4 to webm in Miro

upload to pomf.se, realizing you're a bad person if you endorse the anime shit at the bottom

boom webm (that's how I do it, anyway and there's probably a better way)

Ketch

I'm an inspiration

And my conclusion from looking at his DB is that while KDA isn't the best thing to work off with regards to play skill in a given match, he's trending down, and looking at some scoreboards it seems the thing keeping him in place is players who carry him. He has a good game every once in a while but in general he has the idea of keeping his role low-impact that his chances of losing the game for his team are low. He's sort of relying on the nebulous "forced 50" to keep him afloat. He's not useless, but judging from his scoreboards in the long run he's probably not having too much fun. But he's playing support where performance is harder to gauge so we'd have to look at replays to be sure. My guess is that he's learning a ton though.

Once he goes back to his actual account he'll be a god. It's like reverse smurfing.

Quesa

Once he goes back to his actual account he'll be a god. It's like reverse smurfing.

He'll probably end up somewhere noticeably above his other MMR and then be like told ya so, ignoring that the process itself is what made him a better player.

I'm an inspiration

Just read through the thread (damn the salt coming from both sides..just wow), in his personal account, he's gone up from 3200->3500.. although a 300 point swing in any direction doesn't necessarily indicate improvement either.

sixghost

No that build is terrible

Better to get 1 Skadi and 2 Heart/1 Heart + 1 Eblade

Also no blink? :/

Hylian back me up pls

Blink was sold to secure more skadis

It's the most slot efficient stat item in the game, so unless you care about the eblade active or the heart passive it's never a bad item to buy, even if you already have one. Hex is better than heart/eblade, but I never buy end up buying it for whatever reason.

I'm not good at figuring out the best item builds for heroes. Most of the time I just watch what pro players make, but that's not really an option with meepo.

tumblr_mnwp7j8Gvt1qfdwsbo3_250.gif

A new update has been dispatched for the main client. Currently working on the contents of the patch.
Patch Size: 473.0 Mb (It's looking like the Schema has been updated with multiple immortal strings. While they may not be delivered in this update, they are certainly being back loaded via their strings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom