• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

So I had a game last night that was 1 hour 56 minutes long...

Yea..

About 35 minutes in we had lost pretty much all towers. We had a few racks left and they kept pushing so we were forced to stay in the base. They had all towers apart from two mid. No way we could safely push.

They sucked and we had some farmed players so for the next hour or so they kept trying to push slightly and we kept wiping them.

We managed to get them down to just their ancient but they ended up winning.

Craziest/stupidest/most ridiculous game I have ever played.

As soon as the Immortals are released, the prize pool will go much faster from people leveling their Compendiums up to 100
Do you only get items/prizes for leveling up?

inkls

So I had a game last night that was 1 hour 56 minutes long...

Yea..

About 35 minutes in we had lost pretty much all towers. We had a few racks left and they kept pushing so we were forced to stay in the base. They had all towers apart from two mid. No way we could safely push.

They sucked and we had some farmed players so for the next hour or so they kept trying to push slightly and we kept wiping them.

We managed to get them down to just their ancient but they ended up winning.

Craziest/stupidest/most ridiculous game I have ever played.

Match id please

Wok

1 extra immortal per 10 lvls

And i think u get 4 for getting to lvl 50?

No, I would say you get:
  • level 01-09: 1 immortal
  • level 10-19: 2 immortals
  • level 20-29: 3 immortals
  • level 30-39: 4 immortals
  • level 40-59: 5 immortals
  • level 60-69: 6 immortals
  • level 70-79: 7 immortals
  • level 80-89: 9 immortals
  • level 90-109: 12 immortals
  • level 110-119: 13 immortals
  • and so on, one extra immortal item every 10 levels

manfestival

MUH IMMORTALS
twitchtv_emote_faces77.png

Goddard

There is also this site:
http://www.dota2bestyolo.com/

Also, D2L isn't devaluing the stuff, if you go to the market thats what its really worth. Most rares aren't worth that much any more. If anything D2L changing to Value betting made them worth less, since people no longer have a use for "junk" rares.

Valve needs to revamp the crafting system to get some of the excess junk out of the system.
If you put 4 rares on a bet you risk not even getting a single one in return if the market value is low, they murdered low end betting.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
No, I would say you get:
  • level 01-09: 1 immortal
  • level 10-19: 2 immortals
  • level 20-29: 3 immortals
  • level 30-39: 4 immortals
  • level 40-59: 5 immortals
  • level 60-69: 6 immortals
  • level 70-79: 7 immortals
  • level 80-89: 9 immortals
  • level 90-109: 12 immortals
  • level 110-119: 13 immortals
  • and so on, one extra immortal item every 10 levels
Yeah, 80 and 90 are the levels you get more.
sUXz7d7.jpg

Wok

Yeah, 80 and 90 are the levels you get more.
sUXz7d7.jpg

And level 50 and level 100, you get nothing.

As soon as the Immortals are released, the prize pool will go much faster from people leveling their Compendiums up to 100

Interestingly, there is no point in reaching level 100 (500% battle point booster). If immortals are worth something, I would stop after reaching level 90.

The best value for a compendium owner is at level 90. If you want to give more to Valve, spend your money on a smurf account.

traveler

Not Wario
What are the odds we actually have all heroes before TI5? Valve would have to continue their post-TI3 rate to port all existing heroes exactly, nevermind Sun Wukong or any other new heroes that might surface, (Is Icefrog just going to hold off adding new heroes to the game at this point until Dota 2 has full parity? Sun Wukong first Dota 2 only hero?) and, if anything, their hero rates has only ever gone down. At this point, I'm just hoping we'll have all of them in Captain's Mode by TI6.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
If the Immortals are like the loading screens where you are meant to be given one of each through rewards there should be 12 total (assuming there will also be a chance to get a very rare/extremely rare with each unboxing).

There may be less and Valve are just giving everyone extra to sell though.

What are the odds we actually have all heroes before TI5? Valve would have to continue their post-TI3 rate to port all existing heroes exactly, nevermind Sun Wukong or any other new heroes that might surface, (Is Icefrog just going to hold off adding new heroes to the game at this point until Dota 2 has full parity? Sun Wukong first Dota 2 only hero?) and, if anything, their hero rates has only ever gone down. At this point, I'm just hoping we'll have all of them in Captain's Mode by TI6.

In game by TI5, yes, in CM by TI5, no.

Look at this year, of the 5 heroes we've gotten since TI3, only one is in CM. However, this year saw lots of pre-TI3 heroes being added to CM for TI4, and I imagine by TI5 every hero currently in-game will be in CM, except obviously any that receive major reworks.

Wok

If the Immortals are like the loading screens where you are meant to be given one of each through rewards there should be 12 total (assuming there will also be a chance to get a very rare/extremely rare with each unboxing).

There may be less and Valve are just giving everyone extra to sell though.

Anyway, do not level up past 90 for immortals. The only point of going above 90 is the battle point bonus.

How much do you have to spend for 10 levels worth of points?

For the price of a compendium, you level up by 24 levels. So for less than 27 euros, i.e. "3.75 compendiums" (1 + 89/24), you can reach level 90 and get 12 immortal items. On the one hand, to get 24 immortal items, you would only need "7.5 compendiums" by using your main account and a smurf account (and you would get of course the Pudge courier, the Techies taunt, etc. twice). On the other hand, to get 24 immortal items with your main account only, you would need to reach level 220, which would cost "10.125 compendiums" (1+219/24) (and you would get the other extra items only once, but would enjoy a slightly higher battle point rate).

With that said, immortal items should be sold for cheap on the Steam market.

dmshaposv

I dont mind if valve takes time with the immortals and delivers something cool. Not in a hurry for them.

I just want them to at least give the lesser rewards (pudge courier to make russian hat barons happy so they keep throwing money at gaben and we reach more goals), and some new hat chest/ single hats chest like the one we got 2 weeks ago. Feels like ages since patch.

Storage

Okay, i was FINALLY able to upload my cast of the game that one of you sent me. Wow, youtube hates me right now.

So if you ever want to see a doom play without items until he has 5000 gold and then immediately buy a divine rapier, this is the game for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCq...st=PL1CQyqIDNn5pct0KTCTTUfdNAJ95y6yId&index=1

Also, 9 carries and 1 support, and the support dominates the game.

I'm always thankful for feedback, still pretty new at this casting thing.
I watched the video and it was pretty fun to watch
For the record I was the Bane and I really don't know why I was playing with people at such a low skill level. I suppose it might be because it was super late at night or something and it was low pri

Oh well

Re-rolled Meepo, Huskar and AM and got Tiny, Phoenix and Morphling for the 10 hero challenge.

Far easier heroes on the re-roll, glad I did that and didn't just slog through it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Re-rolled Meepo, Huskar and AM and got Tiny, Phoenix and Morphling for the 10 hero challenge.

Far easier heroes on the re-roll, glad I did that and didn't just slog through it.
I rerolled my final three too. Went from Earth Spirit, Omni and Razor to Viper, Slark and Death Prophet.

Got my win on the first game with each.

Yeah there were reports awhile back that some of the ex-tongfu guys (Hao/Mu/Banana) were ultra racist and didn't like playing with or against anyone they didn't consider Chinese. It was rumored to be part of the reason why new iG never worked, Hao hated Chuan.

That's some deep hate there. Isn't Chuan ethnically Chinese?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Pretty sure iceiceice and Mushi are (not sure about Chuan), but to them it doesn't matter, born or live outside of China = not Chinese.

I wouldn't worry about Na'Vi, they seem to have severe motivational issues, but that also means that they'll get their act together when it matters.

Problem is whether that'll be enough to make a difference at TI4.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only Akke and Loda are blonde, and Loda's almost bald now so that's like half blonde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom