• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Must have been a big wave. I got an invite and someone else I know did as well.

First Blizzard beta I don't really give a crap about. :(

Ketch

I'm also int he HotS beta, who's gonna start the GAF Guild?

I played that game it's slower then watching grass grow.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
ibyH5oxm3Uo6eS.png

Let me borrow your DC hook breeeeeeeeh.

Can someone explain this scrub why Pudge makes an effective mid? I did a few practice bot games because he's on my compendium hero list, and I found that he seems very easy to harass. Stepping off the high ground to go in for a last hit always cost me a fair chunk of health due to Pudge's low armor, large hitbox and slow move speed. Furthermore, it was hard for me to be a threat to my opponent as the costly and unreliable meat hook was my only means of offense beyond melee range. How do Pudge players get around these problems when dueling for mid lane farm?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can someone explain this scrub why Pudge makes an effective mid? I did a few practice bot games because he's on my compendium hero list, and I found that he seems very easy to harass. Stepping off the high ground to go in for a last hit always cost me a fair chunk of health due to Pudge's low armor, large hitbox and slow move speed. Furthermore, it was hard for me to be a threat to my opponent as the costly and unreliable meat hook was my only means of offense beyond melee range. How do Pudge players get around these problems when dueling for mid lane farm?
You want levels

Hylian7

You want levels

That, he comes online to gank extremely quickly, usually at level 6, sometimes earlier, and sometimes best to wait til 7 (for max range and damage hook).

He can also snowball if he manages to pick up some kills from mid too. Landing hooks is a challenge, but if you're good it it's damn effective.

You want levels

That, he comes online to gank extremely quickly, usually at level 6, sometimes earlier, and sometimes best to wait til 7 (for max range and damage hook).

He can also snowball if he manages to pick up some kills from mid too. Landing hooks is a challenge, but if you're good it it's damn effective.

That makes sense, but am I right in assuming he's easily harrassed and poor at harassing back? If so, should I just keep standing on the high ground and passively soak xp, while not engaging my lane opponent at all (unless I see an opening for a hook)?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That makes sense, but am I right in assuming he's easily harrassed and poor at harassing back? If so, should I just keep standing on the high ground and passively soak xp, while not engaging my lane opponent at all (unless I see an opening for a hook)?
Draw creep aggro to get last hits
Yes you get harassed

Aselith

He's easily harrassed but also has a ton of hp. It's best to stand mostly on high ground and move in and time it to take a last hit. Don't be passive but don't stand in the lane either. And remember you can use the uphill miss chance to mitigate damage taken when you go down for a last hit. I usually start with a tango, salve and two +3 str thingies to give myself some good last hitting damage and extra hp's then go straight to urn, then brown boots then force (or blink if you prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom