• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

This DK boycott drama is strange. People calling some of these Chinese players (like Hao) racist because he doesn't like the fact that foreign players like Mushi and iceiceice are playing for a Chinese team. But that's not technically correct since both are Chinese, just that they were not born or raised in China.

Einbroch

Banned
This DK boycott drama is strange. People calling some of these Chinese players (like Hao) racist because he doesn't like the fact that foreign players like Mushi and iceiceice are playing for a Chinese team. But that's not technically correct since both are Chinese, just that they were not born or raised in China.

Impure heathens.

Nationalism. Hell take the situation over at India and Pakistan as an another example. It happens.

Kard8p3

Holy fuck I've been trying to get my internet to work for an hour and I swear to god I want to kill everyone at att for providing me with what has been the shittiest internet I've ever had, the fucking ghetto ass apartment complex in town has better internet.

Nationalism. Hell take the situation over at India and Pakistan as an another example. It happens.

Wouldn't it be counter-productive since they're probably the favorite going into TI4 and "disowning" them as a Chinese team probably dramatically decreases the chances of a "Chinese" team winning the tournament?

If the boycott is real it probably has more to do with other Chinese teams/players being self-serving and also probably has a bit to do with DK being the equivalent of the Miami Heat. The nationalism angle seems like just an excuse to me.

In any case, given the low number of tier 1 teams in every region it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to refuse practice with probably the best team in the world.

Wouldn't it be counter-productive since they're probably the favorite going into TI4 and "disowning" them as a Chinese team probably dramatically decreases the chances of a "Chinese" team winning the tournament?

Well.

It's nationalism. It's not the color of the skin now that matters but rather, national pride of being Chinese from China.

Is it stupid? Of course it is. Trying to make sense of it will just give you a headache. Just accept them as arrogant stupid bastards.

Eul's is currently my new favorite item.
The ability to cyclone enemies or yourself out of the battle is very valuable and I love the extra movespeed. I'm even considering picking it up instead of forcestaff on some occasions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Eul's is currently my new favorite item.
The ability to cyclone enemies or yourself out of the battle is very valuable and I love the extra movespeed. I'm even considering picking it up instead of forcestaff on some occasions.

Euls is great, but the buff to Blink makes it so much less appealing.

Acinixys

How you know youre going to lose badly:

XOmyzXc.png

Wind so ez to abuse though

Acinixys

How is she ez to abuse? I find her really tough to win with.

Ive been playing her a SHIT load so its way easier to hit shackles/powershots

If you go Phase/Bottle/Maelstrom/Crit and then Aghs/Dael/Mollj/Blink you are a rape machine with your ult. Land a 2 man shackle in a fight and pop your ult on their carry. They will melt

Wind is like Sniper/Silencer. You have to dance around the edges of fights landing stuns and shit from the outskirts. Let other people tank while you lay down the damage

Plus I always mid or solo offlane. You need that solo XP to be effective

My winrate with her has gone from 28% to 40% in the past week

Ive been playing her a SHIT load so its way easier to hit shackles/powershots

If you go Phase/Bottle/Maelstrom/Crit and then Aghs/Dael/Mollj/Blink you are a rape machine with your ult. Land a 2 man shackle in a fight and pop your ult on their carry. They will melt

Wind is like Sniper/Silencer. You have to dance around the edges of fights landing stuns and shit from the outskirts. Let other people tank while you lay down the damage

Plus I always mid or solo offlane. You need that solo XP to be effective

My winrate with her has gone from 28% to 40% in the past week

Yeah, I've seen that build. I'm on like 45% win% with her over 60 games as well and fairly competent with her but other heroes are way easier to do well with honestly.

To all the people citing the 5k playdota account;

Here's how buying into a higher mmr actually works:

http://dotabuff.com/players/123401900

Story: KvH and kikoni got a smurf to 5500, sold it for like ~90 keys. Look at those losses boys.

LMAO you guys know what this guy's actuall MMR is?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
They really should increase the reward for the first week or so considering that goal has been unlocked for four or five days now and they still haven't patched it into the game.

I foolishly thought them adding rewards that require instant activation for the most value meant they would actually patch the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom