• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

Speaking of crazy Aghanims upgrades, I really like how Icefrog does a good job lately of making the "boring" Aghanims upgrades that are basically level 4 ultimate to interesting stuff. For instance the big one with Windrunner is no damage reduction, or Skywrath with no cooldown.

I also like the idea behind Tinker's, where it buffs his other skills rather than the ultimate (although his ultimate is reliant on these skills). The only hero that has anything like that is Spirit Breaker.

I really hope we eventually see Aghanim's on every hero. Wraith King would be a great candidate for it for sure. I also want to see it on heroes like Io and Timbersaw.

Two questions:

First: How do I see what my daily 25 point hero is?
Second: How do I watch the qualifier matches for the 100 compendium points?

Quesa

Who's ready for:

-Immortal items
-ARDM
-1v1
-Pudge Wars

?

This is going to be an awesome weekend.

dogtags.jpg

Two questions:

First: How do I see what my daily 25 point hero is?
Second: How do I watch the qualifier matches for the 100 compendium points?

1-Not in the game yet
2-under the watch tab, go to TI4 qualifiers to watch matches- You don't have to watch the whole thing, just the highlights.

Forgot how fun Chen can be, even when I suck at microring the creeps. It's fun to get a mek and have just two massive team heals lol.

For the creeps I basicly just tab through them, run them into the battle and just try to use their abilities on someone before the fight ends

Razzer

alright i'm bored so lets do some activity

write down who do you think is the best player on any team you can think of..
also you can add why do you think he's the best player on that team

i'm not going to do it because i'm lazy

go

Alliance:

EGM. It's close between him and Akke, but I enjoy EGM more so there. Dude is the ultimate support playmaker, doing all sorts of flashy stuff that is normally reserved for mids and offlaners. His Rubick is up there with Vanskor etc, and he is top tier on lots of other heroes. Akke said in an interview that during the draft one of the best things for Alliance is that they can pick any hero for EGM and he will be totally confident playing it, something that isn't true for a lot of players.

DK:

IceIceIce. No Burning. Wait no Lanm. Gah, it's so hard to decide. I guess I'll give it to Burning because of how incredibly consistent he seems to be recently, and the variety of styles he pulls off, ricing or ganking or 5-manning with equal skill.

C9:

SingSing. Cus I like him fuk u. I know people will rip into me for this opinion and I'm probably biased but I don't care.

shira

Bit of a noob question here but I never tried dealing with the dota 2 and steam item market.

If I sold an item to the market, can I convert it to cash or is it only credited to my steam wallet and can only be used on steam items?
Paypal chargeback scammed for $1450 after 200 days.

This guy is a D2T middleman, so nobody is immune to this scam technique.

Careful if you selling items to people you don't know. At this point I don't think Paypal is a viable selling tool anymore.

Hylian7

On the subject of playing Tinker on stream...

I am HylianSeven, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is Tinker entitled to the sweat, of his BoTs?

No, says the man in the top lane, he needs to roam and gank.

No, says the man in the bottom lane, he needs to go laser missile, taking rearm at 6.

No, says the man in the jungle, he must not level march until later.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose...10-12 minute BoTs with Soul Ring!

--------------------------------------

Seriously though, I was having an argument with the guys I stack with about this. They claimed I have to go laser missile and gank. I told them I can do that after I get BoTs, as laser missile is an extremely snowball reliant build. Laser march is where it's at.

What do you guys think?

Ultrabum

I am HylianSeven, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is Tinker entitled to the sweat, of his BoTs?

No, says the man in the bottom lane, he needs to go laser missile, taking rearm at 6.

Seriously though, I was having an argument with the guys I stack with about this. They claimed I have to go laser missile and gank. I told them I can do that after I get BoTs, as laser missile is an extremely snowball reliant build. Laser march is where it's at.

What do you guys think?

3/10 would not bang.

Razzer

What do you guys think?

I would guess it depends. Do you get more benefit out of winning your teammates lanes for them with your burst damage, or are you the one expected to be the playmaker and main dude during the mid/late game? Ganking to help an AM would be more important than a Mirana, for instance, as the AM can pay you back later on when he is farmed.

xanavi

What do you guys think?

For me it's 1-4-2-1. I usually only need two points march to get my bots from between 7-9 mins. One point laser first to blind people and fuck with their last hitting followed by 2 points march to zone and push for runes, then full rockets and rearm when my bots arrive at level 8.

BeesEight

What do you guys think?

Tinker's an awful hero and you should play someone else.

I would argue it'll largely depend on the draft - both yours and your opponents. Does a heavy ganking style give your team a better advantage than defending pushes with march? Personally, I wouldn't sacrifice the hard carry for farm on Tinker as I think he makes a rather poor carry in the late game when the enemy's apt to have bkb's and mobility to shut him down. On the other hand, getting early bots and march so you can apply split push around the map is typically an easy way to win in pubs.

Woah. Duke Nukem plays Axe/BS/Enigma/Kunkka. Genuinely had no idea.

Fun fact, Jon St. John came to our school for a convention and was doing prank calls. We tried getting him to call a friend as Axe or Kunkka, and he had already forgot the voices. He did about 30 seconds of generic pirate into using the Duke voice to call us all pussies. It was OK in all I guess.

Hupsel

Things I noticed when playing alone:

1) Whenever I have a Pudge in my team, he sucks. Pudges in other teams get hooks from 10 miles away.
2) My team fights Roshan and then fight between themselves to see who gets the Aegis. Usually ends with "report noob riki stolen aegis"
3) "Wtf is Dust? We dont need that"
4) CM rushes Scepter

Annnd I played with Renoir and a very polite TA once, but he didnt buy bottle and only leveled his ulti at lvl 12. Got a lot of kills actually but also died like 15 times. Of course we lost.

Oh, #2 is actually here:

i_want_immortality_too_by_meomoc-d7jyka0.jpg

Renoir

Things I noticed when playing alone:

1) Whenever I have a Pudge in my team, he sucks. Pudges in other teams get hooks from 10 miles away.
2) My team fights Roshan and then fight between themselves to see who gets the Aegis. Usually ends with "report noob riki stolen aegis"
3) "Wtf is Dust? We dont need that"
4) CM rushes Scepter

Annnd I played with Renoir and a very polite TA once, but he didnt buy bottle and only leveled his ulti at lvl 12. Got a lot of kills actually but also died like 15 times. Of course we lost.

Oh, #2 is actually here:

i_want_immortality_too_by_meomoc-d7jyka0.jpg

is that canon aegis is that crystal in his head?
man they need to bufff him, just for having such a shitty life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom