• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

since CM is my favorite hero I got to go with her ULT.

that feel when you get a chance to pull off an amazing full duration freezing field while hidden in the trees

Wok

since CM is my favorite hero I got to go with her ULT.

that feel when you get a chance to pull off an amazing full duration freezing field while hidden in the trees

I barely play her (support, tss), but CM is so nice to play with, everything goes smoothly, mana, movement speed, nice spells.

Lina, Enigma, Clockwerk stand out as my favorites. All can turn a fight around in their own way. That feel when you Hookshot a bkb Enigma black holing man, none better.

Acinixys

What are your favoruite Ults? I've only used 7 or so heroes, but I really like Slardar's, Sniper's and Phantom Assassin's

Sven for that sexy red glow
Fully channled CM ult is glorious to behold
Axe, because Axe
Storm Spirit, especially with the red the new immortal adds

Special mention to Necro. Nothing like chasing an enemy, and as they think they are going to be ok BAM!, huge green scythe of get fucked

Can someone explain this calling xboct "4" thing. I understand its a diss but why?

inkls

Can someone explain this calling xboct "4" thing. I understand its a diss but why?

iirc, it was in a tournament and they rated players and teams and xboct got rated 4 out of 10. He got offended by it and wore the Xboct (4) tag during it. Everytime he makes a typical xboct play (ex: tower dives 4 heroes) people just spam 4.

Demoli

So, apparently, this is the go-to build of an "experienced" Riki player.

07aYNji.jpg

I have never played MoM Riki. I might give it a try.

He is at my MMR, so around 2.7K.

That build sounds retarded. Diffusal is almost necessary with riki. Purging dust/slows/silences is amazing,a nd the slow is great aswel.

Afterwards is up for debate though.

Axe's ult is awesome, especially since a succesfull cull refreshes it's cooldown allowing you to potentially chain them together.

Vengeful Spirit's ult is really satifying when you get off a smart swap that exposes an enemy/saves a teammate.

ViviOggi

iirc, it was in a tournament and they rated players and teams and xboct got rated 4 out of 10. He got offended by it and wore the Xboct (4) tag during it. Everytime he makes a typical xboct play (ex: tower dives 4 heroes) people just spam 4.

I don't know if he got offended or just went with the joke but that's how it went down. It was BTS rating the teams.

Also when spamming 4 don't forget to add
chansub-global-emoticon-21e708123d6a896d-21x30.png
(XBOCT Face (no space))

So I just downloaded this and have yet to open it. I've watched a few videos on how not to suck and I'm a little bit intimidated. This seems like a pretty intense game. How many hours can I expect to play before people don't hate me?

Acinixys

lol yeah is see now

dat dive

So I just downloaded this and have yet to open it. I've watched a few videos on how not to suck and I'm a little bit intimidated. This seems like a pretty intense game. How many hours can I expect to play before people don't hate me?

2000 at least

inkls

0, there's going to be idiots at every level of play, thats why lord gaben gave us the mute button.

lol yeah is see now

dat dive

textbook xboct lol

Ultrabum

I've been playing this game since 2006 (with a few year long breaks) People still regularly flame me and call me names ect. Just mute them and have fun!

Wok

That build sounds retarded. Diffusal is almost necessary with riki. Purging dust/slows/silences is amazing,a nd the slow is great aswel.

Afterwards is up for debate though.

Wait. Can you use Diffusal to purge yourself when someone throws a bag of dust and starts chasing you?

Literally forever.

View it less as a video game and more as basketball at the local gym, you can always get better. There will always be people better than you, some will always be worse.

There will always be shit talking, unless you play with friends.

Mordeccai

I've played 1400 hours of dota so far and am only recently considering myself to 'gitgud' at this game. And by 'good' I really mean 'average' ,I've started reliably climing in MMR from 2700 up to 3400 presently.

Match making prevents you from being put with people who will completely whoop your ass so don't worry about it. Play to have fun, you will learn nuances as you go or just ask here.

I will say, it took me about ~100 hours as a noob to get a decent grasp on which items are which, laning, warding, the basics. Better positioning, pulling and stacking, map awareness came after about 250-300 hours. It seems like a lot... but dota is a time sink like no other.

As someone who just started playing, I can say that this game definitely has a steep learning curve. There's lots of characters and skills and items, which sometimes interact in stupid and counterintuitive ways. Also, there are a ton of more nebulous concepts you have to wrap your head around. That said, I've been fortunate enough to play with friendly and patient players, and I've been having a great time witht the game so far.

Also, I've been adding fellow newbies from gaf and giant bomb to learn this stupid game together. Feel free to add me on steam if you're looking for some friendly people to play with that won't get angry when you inevitably fuck up, we all do. My steam account is "Print Screen" (the account with the actuall print screen button as an avatar).

I'll play a couple of matches with you later if you want :)

Played 14 games (12 on record) and things are quickly becoming intuitive in terms of controls, teamwork, item-progression, farming etc

Still need to improve lane control, choosing the right hero for team balance and things like that. If you play with someone who's been playing for ages, it puts you in their matchmaking pool against other players who've played for ages I think.

Add me on Steam if you want, name's the same on there as it is here :)

Making my way through the Compendium challenge, nice way of learning different heroes. Not great for team balance as I'm using heroes who don't fill the required role, but I wouldn't know who to use anyway :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom