• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I remember that week or two when Rubick wasn't seen as competitively viable. Was shortly after he made it into Dota 2, iirc.

I think I remember that. Everyone was thinking Dota 1, where you had a lot of limitations on Spell Steal due to the WC3 engine.
Ooh yeah, I remember that suggestion (was it mine?). Would be hilariously broken now that he's fashionable again.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it would be ridiculous right now if that was implemented.

I hope when custom maps come out that someone does a map that implements the most ridiculous balance suggestions.

Mohasus

guys.. i think i found a way to make PA better!

whenever shes going to crit a target with her dagger, she throws daggers to every hero in sight and range. AoE slow on all 5 heroes and crit the target?!

oh yeah she could crit after evading an attack too!!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
8Rg6gdc.png
\

Who's this guy on GD lounge stream?

He's the guy from Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time

No I don't know why he's there

Sibylus

Banned
I think I remember that. Everyone was thinking Dota 1, where you had a lot of limitations on Spell Steal due to the WC3 engine.

Yeah, it would be ridiculous right now if that was implemented.

I hope when custom maps come out that someone does a map that implements the most ridiculous balance suggestions.
What was worse was all the talk about how those wc3 Spell Steal limitations should be recreated seamlessly in 2.

Glad sanity (not to mention fun) won out.

*has crazy balance suggestions she's going to mod into the game*

G.ZZZ

PA needs better strength gain. That's all imo.

PA fine, people just need to realize that she want str treads again now that she has 6 sec dagger CD, and skip fucking Jango.

Treads, Aquila, BKB into damage, win game. Mael is also very good on her, but tbh i think the item's way too good right now, it's giving so many heroes who have difficulties farming a superb damage + farming item into one (aka : the Mirana item).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I think Windrunner would be more viable if Powershot didn't fall off so badly lategame.

Either that or if her right clicks were buffed, but that would risk pushing FocusFire into OP territory if you had an Aghs.

I'm confused as to why people are watching the GD stream at all. I don't understand what the fuck it is.

It's like a really shitty reality show with awkward people.

Razzer

PA fine, people just need to realize that she want treads again now that she has 6 sec dagger CD, and skip fucking Jango.

Treads, Aquila, BKB into damage, win game. Mael is also very good on her, but tbh i think the item's way too good right now, it's giving so many heroes who have difficult farming a superb damage + farming item into one (aka also: the Mirana item).

I still like phase over treads.

Mohasus

PA fine, people just need to realize that she want str treads again now that she has 6 sec dagger CD, and skip fucking Jango.

Treads, Aquila, BKB into damage, win game. Mael is also very good on her, but tbh i think the item's way too good right now, it's giving so many heroes who have difficulties farming a superb damage + farming item into one (aka : the Mirana item).

Can mjollnir's active skill proc when you evade an attack? I remember a void owning my anti-mage just because my illusions proc'ed that shit 20 times in a second.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
#RoadTo1kUnrankedMMR

I've already made the trip down that road.

iirc that patent was to protect themselves from patent trolls/attacks. What ever the case Dota is immune because our features existed before this patent.

I thought there was a "first to file" stipulation regarding the patents now.
Either way, you're probably right that it won't affect Dota spectating.

G.ZZZ

I still like phase over treads.

I thought we were brothers.

It may still be the best option, but with a 75% slow uptime, i'm really liking the superior DPS and survavibility of str treads.

EDIT: phase still better in DPS terms lol nvm me.

G.ZZZ

Can mjollnir's active skill proc when you evade an attack? I remember a void owning my anti-mage just because my illusions proc'ed that shit 20 times in a second.

It's coded to trigger against damage, not attacks . That's why it's insanely good against radiance carriers and DoTs heroes, because you basically trigger the shield off every single CD. Mjoll broken boys.

iamblades

For the void case it is worth noting that backtrack does not count as evasion, the hit counts, the damage is just healed afterward, so it doesn't really matter unless he had a butterfly on top.

Even then given AM's attack speed + manta illusions, you are going to be procing it a lot even if you miss 35% of the time.

iamblades

It looks like the top 3 seeds are pretty well set for the playoffs, with Liquid, NAR, and SNA going through.

All that remains is to see who claims that 4th spot.

EHUG has a good chance, which is pretty amazing considering their first match forfeit.

Hupsel

Ron_Paul_why_didn't_you_stop_it.jpg

Wow! Well as I said in the other thread maybe moonlight shadow could cost 125 mana and just increase the cooldown on pounce. Dont think they need to change her damage/health though.

Also I dont play Batrider or Lycan but they are banned almost every match so they must be even more of an annoyance oO

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ha, probably right, I am pretty bad at predicting the relative strength of any heroes. Mirana just strikes me as a very strong hero right now, I don't want to see her nerfed cuz she is fun to play but I want my favorite hero WR to get a more useful ult.

Na don't get me wrong I think mirana is a bit OP right now, and mirana has been plenty buffed since then, but dota is definitely a game of trends and more complex than just a list of +'s and -'s.

PL was hailed as the most overpowered carry ever seen last year, but do you really think a -5% damage nerf to his illusions is what completely killed him? Not at all, his counters got significantly buffed, people learned to play against him, KOTL (his buttbuddy for life) got nerfed, and tranqs (his only decent boot choice before travels) got butchered.

Naga was called a weak carry by pro's and pubs alike after her TI2 nerfs, and she went unplayed for a year, and then played as a support for another year, and then out of nowhere you have carry naga surging back even though she'd been nerfed even more. Don't think anyone, including myself, ever anticipated Lycan becoming a first ban or pick any time soon despite his buffs. Let alone howl being called his most overpowered spell, lots of people considered it to be his worst.

Trends, trends, trends. Pro's and pubs alike tend to get comfortable with certain heroes and it's hard to break that until someone has the balls to discover something new or icefrog slaps a hero with plenty of -'s, overpowered or not (or the opposite, +'s for a hero that might not necessarily be underpowered). Even if dota reaches some hypothetical perfectly balanced heaven, patches to shatter the latest trends will always be required.

spk

Pro players are supposed to be doing casting as well but it's been a pain hopping through each game trying to figure out who's doing what.

PPD is on the UG v Revenge game now. Capitalist tho...ugh

iamblades

Na don't get me wrong I think mirana is a bit OP right now, and mirana has been plenty buffed since then, but dota is definitely a game of trends and more complex than just a list of +'s and -'s.

PL was hailed as the most overpowered carry ever seen last year, but do you really think a -5% damage nerf to his illusions is what completely killed him? Not at all, his counters got significantly buffed, people learned to play against him, KOTL (his buttbuddy for life) got nerfed, and tranqs (his only decent boot choice before travels) got butchered.

Naga was called a weak carry by pro's and pubs alike after her TI2 nerfs, and she went unplayed for a year, and then played as a support for another year, and then out of nowhere you have carry naga surging back even though she'd been nerfed even more. Don't think anyone, including myself, ever anticipated Lycan becoming a first ban or pick any time soon despite his buffs. Let alone howl being called his most overpowered spell, lots of people considered it to be his worst.

Trends, trends, trends. Pro's and pubs alike tend to get comfortable with certain heroes and it's hard to break that until someone has the balls to discover something new or icefrog slaps a hero with plenty of -'s, overpowered or not (or the opposite, +'s for a hero that might not necessarily be underpowered). Even if dota reaches some hypothetical perfectly balanced heaven, patches to shatter the latest trends will always be required.

More importantly with the Mirana popularity has been the fall off of the late game hard carries(aside from the ones that can be run mid like Naga/Morphling, which means teams can get away with running Mirana in the 1 role. People have also been more willing to draft weaker lane supports to set up Mirana like SD and Bane because they don't have to focus so much on securing farm for a late game carry.

It's less to do with the hero's intrinsic power level and more about the current meta game trends that makes her so strong. Not like she got strong all of a sudden, it was just a change in the way the game is being played that made her viable.

I'd say a buff to the 4 protect 1 late game strat is what is needed, both to lessen the impact of Mirana and the heavy push strats that are currently so popular. As to the exact nature of the buff, that is a more complicated question.

Razzer

I thought we were brothers.

It may still be the best option, but with a 75% slow uptime, i'm really liking the superior DPS and survavibility of str treads.

EDIT: phase still better in DPS terms lol nvm me.

Watching GoT finally means this is late, but the thing about PA is, you can build survivability early on so you don't die in fights, but then what? Hope for three crits in a row? Cus you ain't killing shit otherwise if you only have treads bkb. This is why, imo, you should draft PA with a core than can walk up to people and tank. Dagger and Blinkstrike both have insane range, you should not be joining early fights until everyone is already low. Then you jump in.

So if you wanna fight, honestly I say phase basher first. Then you get BKB, and then you start going into fights first/second. The other option is mega ricing where you go battlefury helm dom, but mkb counters that so hard.

Zeth

JAMES AND JESS BOTH MISSING...COINCIDENCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom