• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Not sure why Lycan wolves still have invis, crit and that ridiculous regen. Icefrog should get on that.

I don't think the wolves are the problem, they were the problem with old lycan (ability to easily jungle as fast as enigma and not be vulnerable to ganks) but not this one. There's a reason wolves were jokingly called puppy dogs for a few patches, they were a joke. Now they are strong and they should be, that's the core of the hero. Maybe limit their vision so they aren't as useful for scouting.

I think howl is just too insane in this meta, global +damage for all of your lanes every 30-50s. Might have to give it the feral impulse treatment and limit it to a certain range but maybe buff the damage to off-set. Or just keep lowering the duration like with troll ulti, something like 7-8s might do it.

G.ZZZ

All pick.

Other team picks Huskar last second.

What do?

Game last longer than 30 min, you won. Huskar is the classic win lane into lose game hero. I like him very much but he can't carry anything, you play him as an offlaner else you'll lose every single game (i have 65%+ wr huskar on 4.5k games)

Pick anything with pure damage or big physical damage and you win (tinker, bane, timber, Dazzle, PA, Ursa, etc...). Necro is actually useless against him because his ulti will never kill him and his aura can't outdamage his regen.

If you can't either of the two, pick up a blademail and win.

G.ZZZ

I don't think the wolves are the problem, they were the problem with old lycan (ability to easily jungle as fast as enigma and not be vulnerable to ganks) but not this one. There's a reason wolves were jokingly called puppy dogs for a few patches, they were a joke. Now they are strong and they should be, that's the core of the hero. Maybe limit their vision so they aren't as useful for scouting.

I think howl is just too insane in this meta, global +damage for all of your lanes every 30-50s. Might have to give it the feral impulse treatment and limit it to a certain range but maybe buff the damage to off-set. Or just keep lowering the duration like with troll ulti, something like 7-8s might do it.

I'll fix ur lycan.

Ulti to not give crit anymore.

Fixed.

FACE

Banned

Yeah, Howl is just ridiculously good. But I still think the wolves regen a bit too much.

:(

G.ZZZ

Purple strat?

Void after lycan + tide was actually a very smart pick. They get weak lanes, PPD pick the better but not as-hard- to kill offlaner. Plus, their carry is melee, like at least one other hero. DK can't really pick other melee cores now. Only problem is that they have only enigma for counterpush i think.

G.ZZZ

I think EG might pick a troll here for their last pick.

If RTZ could play troll, that would be a decent pick... He's also technically ranged. WR cometh

EDIT: LOL that RTZ sigh after OD pick.

EDIT2: wat they picked OD after Razor?

EDIT3: lol 12 tangos on Tide. Literally unkillable.

xanavi

If RTZ could play troll, that would be a decent pick... He's also technically ranged. WR cometh

I definitely think I'd rather have the troll over the wr now with OD in mid but yeah, I haven't seen rtz play troll in a while.

Edit: Oh wow, they put the OD safe, I don't know shit about anything.

G.ZZZ

RTZ kreygasm
chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe-19x27.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fun fact. Remember Naga/Dark Seer Combo? Super strong drafted by all the pros? Lies, it was drafted 8 times in all of 6.74. The reason its remembered is 6 of those times were in the main tournament (No one even grabbed it during the group stages), all 6 games had Na'vi in them, and 3 of those 6 games were in the grand finals.

Razzer

Man so lucky he decided to go for rune there through the river, revealing MMY by chance.

Edit: And his build around the ult paying off too, what a player.

Randdalf

The way EG employ Void as an offlane hero is very interesting. It also synergises so well with the Windrunner, since RTZ can act as the damage dealer in chrono using Focus Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom