• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

Yeah, I think the slower game just favours DK too much. They just don't make many mistakes if you give them time to make a decision. If EG's going to win they need to do it fast and furious; they don't have the experience to take it late against a team like DK.

FACE

Banned
The two casters who aren't LD need to not cast again, they are sleep inducing.

cb5.gif

I think this is probably the first time (or in a long time) that I've heard Kuroky commentate.

Pretty good.

Watch the VODS for the Fnatic x DK BO3, very insightful cast from Kuro.

Razzer

I feel like the offlane Void did not enough that game. He was basically just a chrono machine and most of his chronos achieved nothing, either because Lycan was tanky or defensive imprisonments. That first fight where EG got wiped he only caught Lycan and lion, so OD imprisoned lion and Lycan tanked with heart, then they turned it. The Razor fell off a bit too.

Blink>Aghs is a stupid decision in most cases. They had plenty of initiation with Enigma, WD and Void, RTZ hit 2 shackles in that entire game, neither needed Blink. Had he gone Mjollnir, Crit, Deso, or basically any damage item before Blink and Aghs the game could've ended differently. Aghs is an item you get on WR after getting damage items, it won't do anything for you before that. Perhaps he wanted bulk first.

Definitely going to watch a replay of that to see how Mushi plays OD.

Razzer

RTZ's windrunner ended up getting some plop items.

Where's the orchid skullbasher build?

The maelstrom into aghs is what hes been doing in all his pubs. Blink either before or after aghs. But I never saw him get bkb, which was probably what delayed him from getting enough damage items.

Maybe in future he should just go maestrom aghs then straight damage items and let his team worry about initiation.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Game sooo good!

Mushi OD pick was like.. WELP GG!
Lion can finger WR, OD can Astral Chrono, and Lich and clean up with ult. And burning can just be burning :D

The refresher hammer drop was the best though.

FACE

Banned
By the way, I think Brewmaster(and he played it well on every game) is the only hero that BurNIng played more than once during this tourney. B-God deserves some love too.

Razzer

And reddit's not even the worse. You should try browsing the general discussion forums. Its basically spamming threads with alts asking for/complaining about nerfs 24/7.

Should this be attributed more to the way in which the two games are balanced or is it because Icefrog has been almost deified by the dota community granting him immunity from hate (unless jokingly)? I have literally no idea about league balance.

inkls

But balance changes are supposed to be fun!

Its harder to balance when everything scales and it doesn't help when you make emotional attachment with champions (its hard to get the IP to buy them unless you pay reel monie so you end up playing the same champion every game. I know how it feels, Elise was my waifu/most played champion in lol).

Should this be attributed more to the way in which the two games are balanced or is it because Icefrog has been almost deified by the dota community granting him immunity from hate (unless jokingly)? I have literally no idea about league balance.

Mostly what I said above. In dota, IF a hero gets nerfed into the ground its not as big of a deal. I can play others, but in Lol, they nerf something you may have spent weeks farming up games to be able to play and while they've improved their balance a bit, its still pretty brutal.

Its harder to balance when everything scales and it doesn't help when you make emotional attachment with champions (its hard to get the IP to buy them unless you pay reel monie so you end up playing the same champion every game. I know how it feels, Elise was my waifu/most played champion in lol).

Mostly what I said above.

Everything scales? Are you talking about spells? Or items as well? I have no idea how LoL works. I should try it some day.

Mostly what I said above.

Is this guy talking dota?

Razzer

I'm not feeling this draft...

EG plz ;_;

PA should eat up silencer when she has BKB, though I can see an early forcestaff being picked up by someone for that. Kunkka also struggles to get away from her. Clock will be a problem though.

Shengar

In the old day he get all the flak when its taking too long for update. I remember how worse it was for him during the long wait for 6.54 (one biggest update that took almost 4-6 months IIRC). Now its Valve when update taking it too long. But none of that flak complaining about balance changes unless some hero become too OP.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know what this DK draft is but they obviously a good plan.

That's cool I guess.

It sounds really cool, but LoL is a balancing nightmare. You have AP Ratios, AD Ratios, Runes, Masteries, Cooldown Reduction, spell pentation in addition to magic resistance reduction (And easily stackable damage mitigation) making all spells have this wishy washy range they could be in. You have to account for a huge range, like is a spell with nothing buffing it being useful while not over powered if the player has 40% cooldown reduction + a ton of AP and spell penetration. Riot is getting better at balance, but I am not a fan of how items effect spell damage and utility so much.

It sounds really cool, but LoL is a balancing nightmare. You have AP Ratios, AD Ratios, Runes, Masteries, Cooldown Reduction, spell pentation in addition to magic resistance reduction (And easily stackable damage mitigation) making all spells have this wishy washy range they could be in. You have to account for a huge range, like is a spell with nothing buffing it useful while not over powered if the player has 40% cooldown reduction + a ton of AP and spell penetration. Riot is getting better at balance, but I am not a fan of how items effect spell damage and utility so much.
The rune system seems pretty stupid from an outsider.

EG gotta win. Gotta win.

The rune system seems pretty stupid from an outsider.

If it was all free, I think it could be cool if it was balanced properly. Just some inherent stats you can have with minor impact (relatively) that could help you play a certain way.

The problem is you have to pay grind points to get that shit, making everyone just copy pros and there is no point.

Conceptor

Man, I didn't need a play by play. I was there. I was real mad. I was mad at my stack too to be sure. The pubs were the straw that broke the camels back. And don't apologize to that Tiny, that guy's a piece of crap. He's one of those players that picks the top rated guide for a hero and literally never builds anything but that every single time he plays. Also he knows what he is in for when we play together. None of the guys I play with deserve an apology. They owe ME one.
I wasn't giving you a play by play. I was trying to discern and lay out potential alternatives to what you ended up doing. Anyway it doesn't matter what I say anyway - you're set on your decision. glhf in the future

rac

Banned
If it was all free, I think it could be cool if it was balanced properly. Just some inherent stats you can have with minor impact (relatively) that could help you play a certain way.

The problem is you have to pay grind points to get that shit, making everyone just copy pros and there is no point.

You have to grind for runes and rune pages, its really frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom