• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SKIP ROPE OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEAD fuck that song. let me see you skip skip skip

He certainly is, but in this particular series I honestly think RTZ was MVP overall. He played great each game, even when his team-mates were not doing much (like the WR game he was the only one who did well at all). Usually he is made to look good by his team-mates but he was excellent on his own here.

He did well early game but his item pickups were garbage and he proceeded to have zero impact late game because of it.

PPD and Universe were both MVP for me.

Anno

Great tournament overall. Really hope they do a season 2/winter version, loved hearing all of the pros get in on casting.

Finalow

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ SKIP ROPE OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DEAD fuck that song. let me see you skip skip skip
you mean
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TITANIC FLUTE OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Shinypogs

I seriously do not understand the rampant patriotism that e-sports brings out (especially on the TL forums). Should this not be the one place where nationality doesn't matter and you actually cheer for the players/ team who's play you like the most vs which country they come from? Especially considering how few teams represent one country or even one region. Sc2 had that so bad that forums could get pretty damn toxic after tournaments and it sours the community experience.

I was thrilled to see some nice PA play though, and the tournament was amazing overall. The feel of the Summit after the cozy couch time with the EU hub was continuation of my favorite way to enjoy this stuff. I'm actually a little sad that TI4 will have to be all professional. I am even more excited for it though because it looks like pretty much anything could happen at this point in terms of who could win. While domination can be entertaining I much prefer longer series with crazy close games.

Razzer

He did well early game but his item pickups were garbage and he proceeded to have zero impact late game because of it.

PPD and Universe were both MVP for me.

His team lost the early game and then did nothing in the mid game. Him not being able to carry them all on his own wasn't that awful. Though the draft was pretty bad that game so.

And both PA games he was doing fantastic. In the 4th game he had a mirana and a bh camping him constantly and still won his lane with almost no help vs Mushi of all people. That's seriously impressive. Also, he made almost no mistakes, whereas Unierse for instance wasted Ravage a few times and other small mistakes.

Like, they all played well, but I honestly think he was better, for this series.

I seriously do not understand the rampant patriotism that e-sports brings out (especially on the TL forums). Should this not be the one place where nationality doesn't matter and you actually cheer for the players/ team who's play you like the most vs which country they come from? Especially considering how few teams represent one country or even one region. Sc2 had that so bad that forums could get pretty damn toxic after tournaments and it sours the community experience.
someone sounds unpatriotic

I was thrilled to see some nice PA play though, and the tournament was amazing overall. The feel of the Summit after the cozy couch time with the EU hub was continuation of my favorite way to enjoy this stuff. I'm actually a little sad that TI4 will have to be all professional. I am even more excited for it though because it looks like pretty much anything could happen at this point in terms of who could win. While domination can be entertaining I much prefer longer series with crazy close games.

Why do you hate freedom?

.... and apple pie???

FACE

Banned

I don't think it's serious, at least not here on GAF.

Everyone on EG is really fucking good. Their team is stacked

I just hope that they can stick together. Players like Arteezy have incredibly big egos, and can be very abrasive if things don't go their way. Say what you want about Na'Vi and Fnatic, but those teams have stuck together longer than any other team with the same rosters, and there's something to be said for that level of consistency. EG has been up and down and up and down for the last couple years.

The most impressive thing about Na'Vi is not that they've been to every TI final, but that even after losing two of them, they didn't completely collapse. Every team that doesn't win TI reshuffles their rosters for the next 3 months. Except Na'Vi. If EG underperforms at TI4, I could easily see the team crashing and burning.

TUSR

Banned

youre too serious, rtz isnt even american

Shengar

Isn't that just for fun on GAF? If EG don't make it to the final I don't think anyone will bitching about it here. Everyone here gives fair compliment to any player from any team when they perform outstandingly.

Shinypogs

someone sounds unpatriotic

I'm too Canadian for patriotism over anything but Olympic hockey and I don't even watch that, I just feel happy if I check the medal standings and we won.

I've always kinda been that way though, used to be big into figure skating and while Canada has produced some truly great skaters in multiple disciplines they sometimes were and sometimes were not my favs. I liked best those who chose choreography and music that I found most appealing.

Some people are more serious about patriotism than others and certain other places I also check on get get pretty nasty about how x team/player deserved to win or how y country shouldn't be allowed to participate in stuff and it's just really frustrating.

Also fuck boring old apple pie, Rhubarb forever.

Sorry if I got a bit grouchy.

Did any one else put a cheeky bet on EG with those crazy odds?

bGlQH8C.png

Hylian7

Did your opponents just decided "killing towers is for nerds" and roam around murdering your team while vengeful AFK farmed an entire lane straight to the fountain? That's the only series of events that makes sense looking at that scoreboard. I mean, Lina has a god damn Daedalus...

Sort of. More of I eventually started figuring out how to play Axe better. Venge farmed. They had a hard time going uphill on us. I got an ultra right in front of their bot rax which pretty much sealed the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom