• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
mushi really did not do much on that sand king in game 5. he didn't shut down PA and didn't get any big ganks off after that early blink.

i don't think i saw a single epi kill either.

If you like Vs you'll love support alch!

Wait, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with alchemist, but I thought his main strength was that he can get big items fast. As a support (who I assume won't be getting much lasthits), do you skip greevil's greed entirely? Or do you still pick it up and stack/pull constantly?

Raytow

Wait, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with alchemist, but I thought his main strength was that he can big items fast. As a support (who I assume won't be getting much lasthits), do you skip greevil's greed entirely? Or do you still pick it up and stack/pull constantly?
I'm guessing he is talking about similar skillset, i.e. a stun, armor reducer/dmg, biggest difference is his ulti is pretty good to bail out or finish someone out.

Wait, how does that work? I'm not very familiar with alchemist, but I thought his main strength was that he can get big items fast. As a support (who I assume won't be getting much lasthits), do you skip greevil's greed entirely? Or do you still pick it up and stack/pull constantly?

You focus on his stun because it's one of the best reliable stuns in the game. He's an excellent support because late game you can use Greevil's Greed and flash farm to the point of being a legitimate carry. I think how exactly you play him varies from person to person, but stacking and killing with Acid Spray probably works decently well.

Zeth

Oh yeah, did no one mention the bts observer totally missed the game ending play by zai/universe/mason killing Mushi bot?'

Also:
Gzou7cm.png

Razzer

What's next, support slardar?
I was too sleepy before, but I just saw your VS question. All the items you were originally suggesting are items to get if you are transitioning to semi carry role. If you are playing support, the you are better off getting defensive and utility items. The core of this is Tranquils-> ghost scepter-> force staff. Either you swap someone, activate your ghost and force away whilst your team blows up the other guy, or they go on one of your teammates, you swap them, and get out the same way. This can be incredibly potent in the mid to late game, where their hope of winning is on bursting down your carry. After the staff you can get blink for longer initiation range. From there it's very situational. Medallion for rosh if on dire, aghs for the big plays involving swap, eth blade so you can prevent allies from being attacked. Hex is also good etc etc. basically, the overall message is that you don't need to be right clicking, let allies do that when you are support.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I dunno what the details behind the SUNSfan stuff is but the video is spooky shit. Glad everybody's alright.

Soule

I'm not really up to date with who Sajedene is if someone would be kind enough to give some context or background information. Either way the video is crazy, can't believe that happened live on stream and thankful everyone is more or less ok.

moggio

Banned
I'm not really up to date with who Sajedene is if someone would be kind enough to give some context or background information. Either way the video is crazy, can't believe that happened live on stream and thankful everyone is more or less ok.

She's SUNSfan's girlfriend and does work for Dota Cinema.

Soule

Thanks, I just figured she was a random streamer but I saw a lot of messages about sunsfan so kinda put together there was more there.

kvk1

The luck of that moron to rob somebody with a webcam running and thousands of people watching.

Hope they catch the bastard clean and quick.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I read on reddit that one of their cats is missing. That's too far...

Hylian7

Just heard about and saw the Sajdene video. That really sucks and I'm glad they are okay.

On another note, my friends and I were having an argument last night. Tranquil Boots Axe: Yay or nay? I say nay as you are Axe and will be taking a lot of hits. They would be worthless as they will spend 90% of the time on cooldown. You are better off with Arcane Boots or plain brown Boots.

My friends' argument was "You can stay in lane longer and never have to go back." You could make that argument on almost any hero I feel, that doesn't make it good.

Wok

Just heard about and saw the Sajdene video. That really sucks and I'm glad they are okay.

On another note, my friends and I were having an argument last night. Tranquil Boots Axe: Yay or nay? I say nay as you are Axe and will be taking a lot of hits. They would be worthless as they will spend 90% of the time on cooldown. You are better off with Arcane Boots or plain brown Boots.

My friends' argument was "You can stay in lane longer and never have to go back." You could make that argument on almost any hero I feel, that doesn't make it good.

It depends on how much harassment you get. If you have to go back to base, it usually means you have not chosen the right items at the start. Tranquil boots might be a good item in this case.

Volodja

Just heard about and saw the Sajdene video. That really sucks and I'm glad she's okay.

The 4 armor remains and that's great for Axe, also they are still faster than both Arcanes and brown boots when broken.
And then you can drop them while farming to help with sustain, especially in jungle.
And when they are active you are very fast.

Mohasus

They still give the +4 armor bonus. Sure not a lot, but then again that's only 525 gold.

Also, I like the ms bonus to rotate through lanes.

G.ZZZ

Tranquil axe broken. Just drop it when u jungle.

Nirvana

Just went through my dotabuff history and i haven't had more than a 3 match winning streak in 2 months. This is why dota feels so depressing lately.

So much lose.

EDIT: Also glad to see Sunsfan and co. are fine, thought it was a hoax before I watched the video, then when Cyborg posted on reddit I realised it was legit. Fucked up, hope they catch the jerkoff.

Falk

that puzzling face
Tranquil axe broken. Just drop it when u jungle.

This honestly is quite broken in terms of how much of a difference dropping vs not dropping makes that I wouldn't be surprised if they change it so shit like taking attacks count for items that you aren't currently carrying (everything from heart to blink dagger, as impractical as those are, just for consistency)

Wok

Unpicked heroes during The Summit:
  • Crystal Maiden
  • Death Prophet
  • Huskar
  • Keeper of the Light
  • Lifestealer
  • Lina
  • Medusa
  • Necrophos
  • Omniknight
  • Phantom Lancer
  • Pudge
  • Skywrath Mage
  • Slardar
  • Sniper
  • Spectre
  • Spirit Breaker
  • Sven
  • Troll Warlord
  • Warlock
  • Zeus

Acinixys

Unpicked heroes during The Summit:
  • Crystal Maiden
  • Death Prophet
    [*]Huskar
  • Keeper of the Light
  • Lifestealer
    [*]Lina
    [*]Medusa
    [*]Necrophos
    [*]Omniknight
  • Phantom Lancer
    [*]Pudge
    [*]Skywrath Mage
  • Slardar
  • Sniper
  • Spectre
    [*]Spirit Breaker
  • Sven
  • Troll Warlord
    [*]Warlock
    [*]Zeus

Bolded im not surprised about. They are almost never seen

The others are surprising though

No Crystal Maiden is especially weird. Shes so good in the early game

Razzer

It's just tourney trends. It wasn't the biggest tournament in the first place and certain heroes will simply be forgotten by the pros.

Randdalf

I find the lack of Lina weird because the hero is so good right now, the stun isn't the best (the cooldown makes up for it) but she has great damage output early game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really do love the new value betting on D2L, though I think you have to be willing/able to put at least $1 item bets to get the most out of the system.

rac

Banned

Having arcanes is nice but tranqs are pretty necessary especially if your jungling.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, who was that myrares guy that got banned? I guess no one noticed in the DK vs EG Hype. I had assumed he was some one trying to evade a ban, and guess he must of been.

Hylian7

Alright, you guys convinced me on Tranqs Axe. I thought it was garbage before because they would be broken 90% of the time.

The same friend was arguing Tranqs Riki too, and I know that one definitely isn't viable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Take off Tranqs while doing mobs. Put it back on after mobs are cleared.

Easiest 10 seconds of regen of your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom