• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished all my daily hero challenge in just 1 try
except for Mirana

Ironically, I was 9 wins - 0 loss with her.
Which ended up being 10 wins - 4 loss. FML.

Shinypogs

I had one a few nights ago, during one of the fights it bounce up to the Ancients after the first bounce and never came down, I was so pissed.

Ancients just want to play ball! So few things can handle their rough play after all. Ok seriously though that would suck.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, DreamLeague finals in a week. Geeze, I had forgotten about them, after the first break in mid April I stopped really following them. I hope the next season is run more smoothly, but at the very least I'm happy with the hats I got. Looks like ECL 2014 will also be going on at the same time, so a good chance to size up the Chinese teams again.

I wonder if its good or bad that EG are in so many tournaments before TI4, they are going to have several interruptions during their boot camping. I'm guessing they are going to do a lot of their training in Europe, since it would be silly to fly to Sweden, then back to the US, then Back to Germany, then back to the US again.

Only a month until the TI4 Group Stages.

What did you guys do with the Team Gems acquired when you complete a team's player card? I'm on the fence whether I should inscribe it or not. Seems like a waste leaving them in the backpack but at the same time it also seems a waste using chisels for it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What did you guys do with the Team Gems acquired when you complete a team's player card? I'm on the fence whether I should inscribe it or not. Seems like a waste leaving them in the backpack but at the same time it also seems a waste using chisels for it.
They do feel a bit useless. If any of your immortals rolled with an empty socket, you could stick them in there.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got back from bar. Bar was awful, worst burger I've had in years.

Event was pretty good, networked a little bit.

Rtz has no handshake and I think less of him. Zai still super manner.

Would have been way worse if I couldn't sit in comfy couch the whole time.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Are you in this picture at all?
http://i.imgur.com/Aqd939J.jpg
No I was in VIP whole time BD

Outside setup
9DHln9g.jpg

rOtk watching some games
lq5RzDk.jpg

Rotterdam showed up for a bit
GmjI8s5.jpg

Omni looking stoic
XIKAMce.jpg

Merlini and Hanni under the Merlini and Hanni interview
I5AJdUV.jpg

Low Tier
Got back from bar. Bar was awful, worst burger I've had in years.

Event was pretty good, networked a little bit.

Rtz has no handshake and I think less of him. Zai still super manner.

Would have been way worse if I couldn't sit in comfy couch the whole time.

maybe your hands were clammy from all that RESPECT

I'm really enjoying Vengeful Spirit so far. She's a solid support early game due to having a disable, a scouting tool and way to bring opponents out of position, and doesn't fall of as hard as other supports due to having good agi and str gain, and a percentage based damage aura. If you get a little room to grow (i.e. you can split ward/courier/mek duty with another support, you're having a strong early game, etc.), you can be a decent threat late game unlike some nuke-based supports.

What are some good items to get after my core of treads/aquilla/wand (with tp's, wards and courier whenever needed), if I'm doing well for myself? I usually go for drums for cheap stats/damage plus another aura, but after that I don't really know. Manta style for good stats, damage and more aura spreading? Assault cuirass/butterfly if I'm balling out of control?

EDIT: Also why are all her cosmetics so expensive :<

I'm really enjoying Vengeful Spirit so far. She's a solid support early game due to having a disable, a scouting tool and way to bring opponents out of position, and doesn't fall of as hard as other supports due to having good agi and str gain, and a percentage based damage aura. If you get a little room to grow (i.e. you can split ward/courier/mek duty with another support, you're having a strong early game, etc.), you can be a decent threat late game unlike some nuke-based supports.

What are some good items to get after my core of treads/aquilla/wand (with tp's, wards and courier whenever needed), if I'm doing well for myself? I usually go for drums for cheap stats/damage plus another aura, but after that I don't really know. Manta style for good stats, damage and more aura spreading? Assault cuirass/butterfly if your balling out of control?

Blink dagger

Mohasus

I had 2 bfs, 2 daedalus and was empowered with him today. Killing a full HP tinker in one SoF was pretty satisfying. Fuck that hero.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I find it somewhat funny that dire won every game of the grand finals, might be time for icefrog to take another look at the dire rosh advantage...?

Or it's just coincidence.

I remember when the rumor was rosh was going to switch places with the dire ancients and the only entrance would be out to the river.

It's even stupider now that I actually think about it.

What are some good items to get after my core of treads/aquilla/wand (with tp's, wards and courier whenever needed), if I'm doing well for myself? I usually go for drums for cheap stats/damage plus another aura, but after that I don't really know. Manta style for good stats, damage and more aura spreading? Assault cuirass/butterfly if I'm balling out of control?

Medallion and Deso do wonders for destroying armor and the capitalizing on Rosh and towers after fights.

Shinypogs

I won a game today woo
then rerolled daily to BroodMother, fuck you valve

I skipped my brood daily the other day due to arachnophobia. I can barely watch allies play her and I usually just spam spells in her general direction if there is an enemy one. I think her voice work is amazing but I just cannot deal with spiders

*Stares warily at cookie tin currently covering a spider I was too scared to kill*

If there is one trend in games I could live without it's giant spiders.

Drums isn't bad, if you can get the gold Manta also isn't bad. As someone stated Desolator and Medallion are nice, but VS is a very strange hero that you can do just about anything with. You could go Butterfly Daedalus or something wacky if you wanted to (she tends to have a ton of Right Click damage), SnY for mediocrity if you have decent farm and a constant advantage, Blink Dagger for positioning, Mek if your farm is a little lacking and your team needs it. Pretty much any item is viable on VS, except for Basher.

Mohasus

I skipped my brood daily the other day due to arachnophobia. I can barely watch allies play her and I usually just spam spells in her general direction if there is an enemy one. I think her voice work is amazing but I just cannot deal with spiders

*Stares warily at cookie tin currently covering a spider I was too scared to kill*

There is a mod that turns her into a frog. I think cyborgmatt made it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1ou8h5/antibroodmother_mod_dl_in_comments/

Lotto

I was collecting those old scroll chests then they just all expired/disappeared from my inventory, what the hell Valve

SNngjow.png

I missed all of The Summit games too, only caught some rebroadcasts. I always believed in you EG and you did it, so proud

One thing that bugged the hell out of me when I first started playing were these ugly icons

I kinda got immune to it but recently I just noticed it again and cannot go to sleep soundly knowing that these ugly ass icons still exist at this $9M game.

Surely this can be improved without taking too much resources?
Do I just have bad taste?
This is ugly right????

Blink dagger

Medallion and Deso do wonders for destroying armor and the capitalizing on Rosh and towers after fights.

Drums isn't bad, if you can get the gold Manta also isn't bad. As someone stated Desolator and Medallion are nice, but VS is a very strange hero that you can do just about anything with. You could go Butterfly Daedalus or something wacky if you wanted to (she tends to have a ton of Right Click damage), SnY for mediocrity if you have decent farm and a constant advantage, Blink Dagger for positioning, Mek if your farm is a little lacking and your team needs it. Pretty much any item is viable on VS, except for Basher.

Cool, thanks people. Is the philosophy behind blink dagger that you can swap and then immediately blink away to safety before the enemy can cancel your blink dagger?

Medallion sounds good, since in theory armor reduction stacks increasingly rather than diminishingly, at least until you pass the armor = 0 point. I don't feel she has immediate need for armor and percentage-based mana regen (due to high agility, low intelligence, and ring of aquilla), but it can't hurt.

NBtoaster

Seems like it would be better to go support WK, two of Sven's skills become useless when he's support as opposed to only one of WK's.

Shengar

The difference between SEA server and US West is huge, I mean manner-wise. Or maybe I'm just lucky to have a game full of well mannered people.
He was supporting. They were all bad tho. avg for their team was like 3.5k

Have to solve that mana problem!

Cool, thanks people. Is the philosophy behind blink dagger that you can swap and then immediately blink away to safety before the enemy can cancel your blink dagger?

Yes. It's not 100% reliable because you have to turn before blinking so you can be caught by fast casting spells. You can get force staff for the same reason if you're going to be swapping into a team that has a radiance for example. But blink can also pretty nice for positioning yourself before a swap if you find yourself far away from your team. (I don't think there is such thing as too much initiation range.)

I'm not that big a fan of semi-carryish venge builds unless the game is super easy, I normally like to get stuff like arcanes, mek, medallion, blink, force, aghs etc.

If you like Vs you'll love support alch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom