• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

BqCt8s2CYAAXsgk.jpg
For the fans here

Superior hat version

This is the correct way to dress Krob.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Idk I'd argue the exact opposite. Most people underestimate the survivability that blur gives and they just play like bitches or an afk farm carry instead of taking advantage of the insane EHP that blur gives in the early/mid-game--just man up and slice up dem heroes. HoD + BKB (later satanic) are really the only defensive items you need, maybe sny or drums (for early game) if you really want the extra bulk, but anything more than that (i.e. heart, skadii, vanguard, etc...) is way overkill.

When EG was running a train with PA, they had Wisp for backup. Wisp + PA early game is cray.

I don't think she's fine enough to throw in just anywhere, you need to build around her and so far EG's the only one who's figured out how to.

But yeah I agree with the Blur thing. 50% dodge by level 10 is bananas, lets you dive everything.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Idk I'd argue the exact opposite. Most people underestimate the survivability that blur gives and they just play like bitches or an afk farm carry instead of taking advantage of the insane EHP that blur gives in the early/mid-game--just man up and slice up dem heroes. HoD + BKB (later satanic) are really the only defensive items you need, maybe sny or drums (for early game) if you really want the extra bulk, but anything more than that (i.e. heart, skadii, vanguard, etc...) is way overkill.

Its not just blur either. She has great natural armor.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
When EG was running a train with PA, they had Wisp for backup. Wisp + PA early game is cray.

I don't think she's fine enough to throw in just anywhere, you need to build around her and so far EG's the only one who's figured out how to.

But yeah I agree with the Blur thing. 50% dodge by level 10 is bananas, lets you dive everything.

They ran her without wisp in the final game against DK. Owned just as hard. Wisp makes everyone better, PA included, but the hero can be effective without wisp as well.

Idk I'd argue the exact opposite. Most people underestimate the survivability that blur gives and they just play like bitches or an afk farm carry instead of taking advantage of the insane EHP that blur gives in the early/mid-game--just man up and slice up dem heroes. HoD (or vlads) + BKB (later satanic) are really the only defensive items you need, maybe sny or drums (for early game) if you really want the extra bulk, but anything more than that (i.e. heart, skadii, vanguard, etc...) is way overkill.

wait im not advocating actual hp stuff like that

just like sange into hh (because more evasion is always good until mkb i guess, you get like 60 something percent evasion with it + blur, i have a weak spot for the item), or helm into satanic that stuff not like heart

you get like over 3000 hp ez just from satanic, hh, basher, and bkb

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
is tide the most OP piece of shit atm? bc im leaning to yes

that's a funny way of spelling tinker

tinker actually has a HUGE dota 2 bug that works in his favor (and like with the old clock bug, contributes to how good he is currently). In dota, if you're attacking tinker while he rearms, it does not reset the 3s CD on blink. In dota2 it does, so it's so much easier for him to escape.

c9 is a PA picker too.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
that's a funny way of spelling tinker

tinker actually has a HUGE dota 2 bug that works in his favor (and like with the old clock bug, contributes to how good he is currently). In dota, if you're attacking tinker while he rearms, it does not reset the 3s CD on blink. In dota2 it does, so it's so much easier for him to escape.

Wait was this always a bug or something recent?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think it's always been there but it's even more pronounced now that blink dagger has no mana cost (I guess before you'd still have soul ring but still, that .01 second to click sr and blink could be the difference).

Kard8p3

just played vs t_vidotto and he mentioned his lone druid set will prob be at ti4 w/ a signature included or some such, hyped to get it.

What the hell just happened? Enemy Skeleton King disconnected. We were winning by a lot. Suddenly the robot Skeleton King becomes completely invulnerable for 3 or so minutes and takes down our middle tower.

Zeth

DreamLeague tomorrow!

I hope 2GD makes an incredibly inappropriate joke about The Draskyl Situation.
shots

Neither are lots of heroes that are in CM, I don't see the harm in putting her in unless he thinks she's broken in some way.

I think she should be in too - if she still needs balancing it's not that she's over powered. Maybe it's just too close to TI now and she's been delayed until later this year?

Ketch

DreamLeague tomorrow!

I hope 2GD makes an incredibly inappropriate joke about The Draskyl Situation.
shots

I think she should be in too - if she still needs balancing it's not that she's over powered. Maybe it's just too close to TI now and she's been delayed until later this year?

Damnit I forgot to update my fantasy roster

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The character voting stuff ends in about 46 hours, I guess we should get some sort of patch Monday, maybe even Sunday.

Kreunt

Banned

Razzer

Wait I don't get it, is he really bad? He has a ton of games on Weaver at a decent winrate so I don't understand why he's not last hitting at all and feeding so much.
I'm not sure honestly. Sometimes he's ok, but he can get very emotional over losing which causes him to go on tilt. Also, he hasn't ever learned a hero as hard as storm before this so I think he was struggling with that plus not knowing mid very well. His reactions, target selection, positioning, awareness and many other things need a lot of work, but I don't have the heart to tell him usually. Oh and he can be stubborn too. Notice he went bloodstone in the first 4 games. This was despite me telling him in detail why treads orchid is better before each game. He just did cus his in game guide said so. That said, I gave him a right bollocking after the Luna game. I was camped by 4 heroes from 8-18 mins and suffered constant jungle invasions after that, was 1-7 as a result, yet I still farmed better than anyone else in the game. Like I know I'm Luna but c'mon. Then we had to defend against mega creeps for 30 mins, I had to take every T2 solo cus noone else would push with me, using illusions to cut creep waves, all sorts of shit, and we were winning every fight past 40 mins, but the grind of megas got us in the end. Super frustrating game for me. And after we finished I realised I never bought a fresh BKB, though I dunno if it would have mattered.

Point is, after games like that where you feel like it's 4v5 you an get depressed.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't think this gif will ever be more appropriate than it is for beating my Wisp daily challenge on the first try and then rolling Meepo.

LppsjS9.gif

BHK3

Banned
"I don't know much about this game, in fact I've never even played it nor will I but I really want to do an announcer". I don't understand that, what's his motivation?

...money? Somehow the very very faint wind of someone wanting some adult swim cartoon announcer pack reached his ears and now he wants in, though I love the whole "I'll have reddit do everything for me. I'll just record it and then this enthusiast part of a website will get into the video game I want". How fucking hard was it to go to www.valvesoftware.com or even to google the damn thing.

Reckoner

Just had my first game with Invoker. Really overwhelming knowing all the combinations and using them in a useful way. Went the whole game using only Spirit Form, Sun Strike and Chaos Meteor. It ended well, as our team won even playing with one player less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom