• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...money? Somehow the very very faint wind of someone wanting some adult swim cartoon announcer pack reached his ears and now he wants in, though I love the whole "I'll have reddit do everything for me. I'll just record it and then this enthusiast part of a website will get into the video game I want". How fucking hard was it to go to www.valvesoftware.com or even to google the damn thing.

He said he wanted people to be able to mod it in, he seemed clueless that announcers go in the store and get a percentage of sale profit. His motivations are unclear, but your immediate conclusion that the guy is a Saturday morning cartoon villain is a bit presumptuous.

Maybe he just had a lot of requests for it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
r ewe talking shit about rick and morty m8

i'll fooking sock you in the gabba ah'll sware on me mam

Shinypogs

Phoenix is weird and also needs more varied voice lines. Still, I think I want to play them as part of my 3-5 hero rotation I use for getting better at the game. Maybe swap cm out for them.

yarden24

ok all of dota gaf, im gonna try and start an inhouse game here!

chances are pretty slim here, but i thought i'd try anyway.
everyone's invited to join up, and hopefully we will have 10 folks at some point =)
we can invite people from the giantbomb channel later if we dont have enough!

password: gaf

go go go!

How come Dotabuff still fucks up with match parsing (like counting games that aren't supposed to be counted) when Dotamax works fine? They've had plenty of time to fix that.

Could I get some advice on dealing with an enemy Wraith King? He's by far the hero I've had the most trouble playing against so far, especially if he gets a good start. I don't know how to deal with him in teamfights at all; either you communicate to focus him down first which gives his teammates a huge window to attack freely, or you communicate to not bother attacking him at all, which means he gets to go ham with armlet and crit boosted autoattack damage.

He simply lives through so much abuse between his strength, lifesteal, armlet toggling and on top of that reincarnation that it feels like a waste of time to engage him, but he also does so much damage you can't ignore him. Do we need to counterpick heroes with long disables (Bane, Shadow Shaman, Lion) so we can focus on his teammates first? Do we need to avoid teamfights altogether and splitpush?

Falk

that puzzling face
Kite as much as possible and force staff his stun targets.

Ever since the ranged lifesteal aura change he's become that much of a 'screwed if you do, screwed if you don't' hero to deal with and can function in teamfights even without that many items, but as far as his own personal dps output goes shut him down early and he doesn't balloon up nearly as fast as an antimage or naga for example.

Ketch

Could I get some advice on dealing with an enemy Wraith King? He's by far the hero I've had the most trouble playing against so far, especially if he gets a good start. I don't know how to deal with him in teamfights at all; either you communicate to focus him down first which gives his teammates a huge window to attack freely, or you communicate to not bother attacking him at all, which means he gets to go ham with armlet and crit boosted autoattack damage.

He simply lives through so much abuse between his strength, lifesteal, armlet toggling and on top of that reincarnation that it feels like a waste of time to engage him, but he also does so much damage you can't ignore him. Do we need to counterpick heroes with long disables (Bane, Shadow Shaman, Lion) so we can focus on his teammates first? Do we need to avoid teamfights altogether and splitpush?

You need to drain his mana. So lion , invoker emp, anti Mage, or your carry goes diffusal blade.

You can also try to chain disable but then kill his team instead. Maybe pick up a eul's and then a hex on the supports. Reincarnate isn't very good when he's solo. Also, it has an extremely long cool down at lower levels so you can try to only fight when it's down. WK is also easily kited in the early game aswell.

Carlius

Banned

hes so mana dependant its not even funny. u take that out and he cant revive. nyx with mana burn, anti mage, lion....get stuns and silence and he wont do shit

Falk

that puzzling face
Having a lineup with a bunch of disables will almost always make heroes like WK go for BKB core. You'll still always want a force staff or two.

shira

360fx360f

The Korean meepo set is up

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/570/Dosa

I regularly play on 180ms and it seems fine. 300ms above is unplayable though.

Just completed all the player cards. I lucked out on one user willing to trade IllidanSTR with my YYF 1:1.

Wok

I changed bracket for one match! Unfortunately, Centaur was missing all the teamfights since he preferred pushing the lanes alone and never getting a single barrack. So I could just suicide-kill the ennemy carry with my buffed LC, then the 4-stack was wiped resulting in a bad trade.

5fpsQlk.jpg

Then I have returned to the normal bracket.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't think this gif will ever be more appropriate than it is for beating my Wisp daily challenge on the first try and then rolling Meepo.

LppsjS9.gif

Guys, this is going bad. It's not even my fault. Aside from that terribad 0-16 game I haven't been doing THAT bad. I'm getting some of the worst pubs in these games.

yVE5Mlx.png

Falk

that puzzling face
Like an idiot I rerolled my 10 Hero Challenge on the first day I got my compendium.

And the reroll had Meepo.

Zeknurn

Fuck it, if I am as bad as the two 12 deaths by 25 minutes players on my team while I have 3 deaths and as many assists as them, I'm going to pick up glue sniffing and just go full retard.

Oh and we had a two Magic Wands and a Desolator first WK too. He got killed twice in the jungle because he didn't react when they walked past the observer ward. He told me to go play Tetris when I tried to communicate with the thing.

Ah great now I'm stuck in a game where the WR wanted mid but didn't get it and proceeded to try to farm ancient creeps from level 1. He's level 4 10 minutes into the game and has fed 2 kills. Meanwhile I'm stuck solo safelane against a Storm, Lina and a roaming Ember Spirit that's 6-0 mid.

Thank you Valve for no concede. Great idea. Now I'm going to waste another 30 minutes of my life on this shit game.

G.ZZZ

eh, its not so bad, you get used to it,200 ping is fine a well, once you cross the 300 mark though, it gets rough

Yeah even around 200 is fine but it start to get messy. 150 is perfectly fine u can lasthit without worries and usually after a while u won't notice it. I often rather play on USE on 150 ping (drunk) cause the games are easier there than on EUW on 60 ping (sober).

Played for the 1st time in two months and got a rampage in my third game as Sniper. Welp, I'm still pretty good, eh? Went 24-5-9 and bought a Rapier after only one rax being down.

Zeknurn

There is a concede button

Its called ABANDON

Yes because I want to intentionally make my game quality even worse.

What's the threshold for LPQ anyway. More than one abandon per 24 hours?

i'm finally in d2modd (again!)
let's see if this works now

Unfortunately there's still a high chance of someone not loading. It's great when it works though.

edit: Managed to win a game because their Silencer disconnected and we started wrecking them in team fights. Feels great.
I decided to mute everyone on my team right away because someone was yelling profanities against another player because he was walking toward the "wrong" lane. It was best decision I've made.

Red UFO

It's a shame that the majority of the time muting my team mates has a positive effect. So much easier to just concentrate, get your job done and have impact.

Mohasus

It takes me 5-8 minutes to find a match, so I decided to search all modes. So not worth it.

All random:

Silencer - max glaives and then curse with 1 level in last word.
Templar Assassin - 2-4-2 - skips ult, goes SOUL RING.
QoP - 3-3-2
Dark seer - goes safe lane, keeps pushing with ion shell. Dies to juggernaut at level 2 because he has vacuum and ion shell - no surge. Builds a vanguard and buys 2 ring of regen. At level 10 his skills were 1-4-4-1.

Thanks icefrog.

Falk

that puzzling face
It takes me 5-8 minutes to find a match, so I decided to search all modes. So not worth it.

All random:

Silencer - max glaives and then curse with 1 level in last word.
Templar Assassin - 2-4-2 - skips ult, goes SOUL RING.
QoP - 3-3-2
Dark seer - goes safe lane, keeps pushing with ion shell. Dies to juggernaut at level 2 because he has vacuum and ion shell - no surge. Builds a vanguard and buys 2 ring of regen. At level 10 his skills were 1-4-4-1.

Thanks icefrog.

I take it you hate comedy!

Acinixys

HyperX must be slowly shoving $1 bills into everyone in [A]'s ass because their name is everywhere

Even on their team Emblem at the top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom