• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

52club

Daily Hero is Bounty Hunter

what do I do with this dude besides build three bfuries and three dagons

Hope you have an smart/aggressive team...if I ever start playing with stacks with a decent amount of skill BH is smart pick IMO, and even better against ganking/invis heroes. I'm surprised he has dropped out of competitive play especially with the recent buff to tracking range.

My brother swears that PA is completely overpowered and broken. I always tell him that you don't see her in tournaments for a reason.

Time to get lectured on a new crazy reason on why she's the best char in the game, lol.

Am I wrong in that a Heaven's Halberd shuts down basically any pub PA's?

PA is pretty good. I think it was EG that's been most recently picking her up. I think a lot of people play her wrong thinking they need to get tons of damage - making her effectively a glass cannon when you don't need to at all. All her damage is from crits... and with minimal items it still does a ton. Need to tank up with her so she can sustain in team fights and actually get those crits off.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Did you guys know that if you buy 3 divine rapiers and don't lose them, you're nearly guaranteed to win the game?

fucking easiest strategy ever why did nobody else think of this

+25 MMR

PA is pretty good. I think it was EG that's been most recently picking her up. I think a lot of people play her wrong thinking they need to get tons of damage - making her effectively a glass cannon when you don't need to at all. All her damage is from crits... and with minimal items it still does a ton. Need to tank up with her so she can sustain in team fights and actually get those crits off.
Yeah that.

She has damage, mobility, and attack speed built in. Just get all of the health and you win.

LEGIT.

I think armlet's way better imho. That +400 health coupled with your evasion and armlet toggling make u so hard to kill + is decent damage and sustain.

Other non-STR hero who can carry a armlet is Troll. I played with one guy that dominated with Troll with Armlet.

Zeth

The short legs on Abaddon's horse look funny to me. It looks like he's riding a miniature pony.

Some of the different cosmetic mounts can make it look better/worse (though they're still the same height, their shape/design offsets the overall appearance a bit). I think the Alliance mount looks the shortest/silliest:
774px-8815-dota2_abaddon03Demonic_Vessel.png
Recently added Soulhoof for example, more proportional:

Aselith

This actually makes me think an Aghs upgrade on her would push her into top tier. She can already secure a good amount of farm with crypt swarm and she benefits from the stats given by Aghs. Maybe a cooldown reduction/damage increase upgrade? A cooldown reduction/% slow added to ghost damage upgrade? Would both of these just be totally OP?

Aghs upgrade = ghost 100% uptime.

kvk1

What if the ultimate applied her current level of silence to any enemy hit by the spirits after a certain threshold of damage?

Shuuut uuup.

G.ZZZ

Tide refresher.

Go tide ez game!

Miss first ulti, after 3 secs, refresh, miss second ulti. 2 Ravages 0 ppl stunned :D

EZITOGAMING

i think nyx assassin is a bad hero

im gonna go drink beer tho so ill let procarbine come up with why

thanks ahead of time

268x268.resizedimage

Rush this after arcane boots (if you have a crystal maiden or find your mana pool ok, then go straight from brown boots and wand to blink). With a blink dagger, your reach is ridunkculous with impale plus vendetta and spiked carapace give you two escapes now so you're an even more slippery mofo (add force staff for greater range). Don't rush dagon. Just Don't. Nope...Nu-uh...don't do it.

Shinypogs

Ok seriously though, I had Nyx as my daily hero yesterday, his attack animation/ timing is the most frustrating for me. However, I can stun from far away unlike SK where I end up in the middle of a teamfight and die because my allies didn't follow up despite them being the ones who pinged for me to start :(

See also Enigma and Tidehunter, if you wait for me to start the fight please actually join the fight if I don't miss with the initiation skill. I feel like there's certain heroes who are useless at my skill level because teamwork is a myth and people commit to and disengage from fights at random.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm sorry I ever doubted you pro.

ibj1xCSaOKHJkG.png

Literally cancer remove from game plox.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Idk I'd argue the exact opposite. Most people underestimate the survivability that blur gives and they just play like bitches or an afk farm carry instead of taking advantage of the insane EHP that blur gives in the early/mid-game--just man up and slice up dem heroes. HoD (or vlads) + BKB (later satanic) are really the only defensive items you need, maybe sny or drums (for early game) if you really want the extra bulk, but anything more than that (i.e. heart, skadii, vanguard, etc...) is way overkill.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you pro.

ibj1xCSaOKHJkG.png

Literally cancer remove from game plox.
who are we removing? qop is cancer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom