• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the fuck? gonna need something better than, "I'm just not". There are literally millions of dollars up for grabs. One does not just sit that out.

I'd imagine Fnatic will make an announcement at some point, seems like it's medical though I'd imagine

Didn't someone in here say he had academic issues/obligations?

Or am I dreaming that?

Sucks either way.

Some experts on Swedish culture on reddit have been claiming he was busy celebrating his graduation when he missed the Summit

KevinRo

It baffles me how some of the team mates I get can even figure out how to turn on their fucking computers and log into steam. Just had a shadow demon never use disrupt, silencer never use his ulti except when he's caught out 3 vs 1, and tinker building phase boots on my team.

I gave them all the fucking space in the world as bristle, hit six, ganked all lanes, tanked way the fuck up with vanguard + AC by 18 minutes.

How the hell do these people find dota, and why the fuck are they on my team.

lol i know that feel

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
DP is pretty bad once you know how to play dota and play against people that know how to play dota, but before that she's pretty ok.

Her main issue is that she's only a threat when her ulti is up, otherwise she's nothing. She also has to stay alive for the entire duration of this ultimate to get value from it, if she dies early, or immediately, it can be a huge waste. You also have to stay in range of your targets, so if you use this ultimate from a defensive position you rely on your team to lock the enemy in place, as nothing you can do will stop them from just turning around and walking away when they see it. Euls and atos are options here with euls being the vastly more common item. Going back to point one, if your opponent doesn't know to run away it helps immensely.

Compare this to other ulti dependent mids DK and Brew: DK has a lot of inherent tankiness, picks up ms/stun utility, and gains range to keep himself safer. Brew makes himself very hard to kill because of the nature of split, so much so that he's hardly considered a target unless completely alone or they have tons of items. Dp just has to rely entirely on positioning and farm, which isn't impossible, but is more demanding.

Compare exorcism with spells like qop and zeus ultimates, they get value immediately.

No.
Spammable AoE
AoE Silence
tanky
very efficient in kiting heroes
pushes towers like a mad dog
Sexy Legs

Responding point by point:

1) Yeah she has a pretty decent nuke. Comparable to DK, better at killing creeps early than Zeus, worse than SF.

2) She has a silence, yes, but consider that you MUST max your passive beforehand, so you're only going to be carrying a 3 second silence for the first 11 levels. Nothing impressive here, many people find it hard to land optimally as well. The most popular build in pubs doesn't even pick up silence until 10, which is just awful.

3) She's only tanky because of them items she buys, otherwise all she has going for her is some passive ms. If you get behind early you're going to stay behind, you'll be easy to kill and that ultimate paints a huge target on your head. See above discussion on her ultimate.

4) I'm not sure what this means. I'm guessing you're saying that when you run away with ultimate up people chase you and die, which falls under the first line of this post.

5) Only pushes well when her ultimate is up. If you choose to use the ultimate to take a lone tower without a fight, which isn't always a bad decision, you lose your team fight ability for two minutes. Similar to ss wards but with double the CD.

6) Yes.

All that being said I like dp and enjoy playing her, but I can't find a reason to lately. There's nothing she does that I wouldn't pick another hero to do better.

Slow day this morning. And god dammit era, there goes my fantasy team.
NEXT TIME YOU BACK UP YOUR OWN STATEMENTS KARD

Pratfall

5) Only pushes well when her ultimate is up. If you choose to use the ultimate to take a lone tower without a fight, which isn't always a bad decision, you lose your team fight ability for two minutes. Similar to ss wards but with double the CD.

This actually makes me think an Aghs upgrade on her would push her into top tier. She can already secure a good amount of farm with crypt swarm and she benefits from the stats given by Aghs. Maybe a cooldown reduction/damage increase upgrade? A cooldown reduction/% slow added to ghost damage upgrade? Would both of these just be totally OP?

Zeth

I've been searching the market for Naga's Slashing Quickslicer weapons periodically for months. What/where are they?

Daily Hero is Bounty Hunter

what do I do with this dude besides build three bfuries and three dagons
His winrate went down when they removed battlefury from the recommended item lists, so pubs were right all along.

I'd imagine Fnatic will make an announcement at some point, seems like it's medical though I'd imagine

Some experts on Swedish culture on reddit have been claiming he was busy celebrating his graduation when he missed the Summit

Somebody on stream said he was only going to miss ESL and not TI.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
This actually makes me think an Aghs upgrade on her would push her into top tier. She can already secure a good amount of farm with crypt swarm and she benefits from the stats given by Aghs. Maybe a cooldown reduction/damage increase upgrade? A cooldown reduction/% slow added to ghost damage upgrade? Would both of these just be totally OP?

She is sorely lacking an ags and it could help her a lot, I'd imagine she's high on icefrog's list to get one as she fits the mold perfectly. CDR is a likely addition, but I doubt there would be any damage increase. Maybe a slow, but my guess would be something to do with the heal, maybe get it as the ghosts fly back to you betweent attacks rather than all at the end, or maybe a percentage of it. That would be cool.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She is sorely lacking an ags and it could help her a lot, I'd imagine she's high on icefrog's list to get one as she fits the mold perfectly. CDR is a likely addition, but I doubt there would be any damage increase. Maybe a slow, but my guess would be something to do with the heal, maybe get it as the ghosts fly back to you betweent attacks rather than all at the end, or maybe a percentage of it. That would be cool.

Permanent.

HYUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Pratfall

Hmm, that heal idea sounds rad. I love aghs upgrades that change the ulti in unexpected ways (like Razors that allows it to damage buildings) instead of just straight CD reduction/damage increase.

Artanisix

What's the ultimate wombo combo strat?

Well everyone already listed the impractical ones so I'll give you two that have strong lanes and aren't pigeon holed into teamfights only.

WD support + Enigma jungle + Tide offlane

OR

WD support + SK jungle + DS offlane

Choose your carry and midlaner of choice, depending on where you want to go with the lineup.

dmshaposv

DP with an aghs upgrade maybe too broken. But im all for some kind of upgrade to her ult that makes it work with other abilities.

My biggest problem are the spirits just move around an AoE and dmg is spread out. With aghs, u could probably direct it towards a target point with crypt swarm? That way the spirits could actually be used as a stronger nuke to kill heroes. This would be more useful than dmg increase/cd reduction.

DP with an aghs upgrade maybe too broken. But im all for some kind of upgrade to her ult that makes it work with other abilities.

My biggest problem is the spirits just move around an AoE and dmg is spread out. With aghs, u could probably direct it towards a target point with crypt swarm? That way the spirits could actually be used as stronger nuke to kill heroes.

The spirits go to whatever you right click.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Dunno if there's any truth to it or not, but people on reddit saying CWM said on stream that Era is just missing ESL, but will be at TI. Rumored he's had some sort of chronic medical issue.

Kinda conflicts with his tweet, but twitter is king of misunderstandings after all.

Also DP sucks donkey balls. I'd rather have spiritbreaker on my team to be honest. That is all.

dmshaposv

The spirits go to whatever you right click.

Yeah, but most enemies can kite that and run away as the spirits take time to change target. If it essentially adds on to your crypt swarm dmg in a specific direction (meaning more dmg the furthur away u are from DP) u could nuke down someone faster.

Renoir

is that merlini little brother? in your Av?

i have this app on my phone "lakitu" so i can swatch streams.
so i clicked on his face once. funny dude.
I cant remember his name though..

6rnGnPB.jpg

how can you NOT like death waifu?

Dem legs

I don't know that I agree that DP is useless when her ult is not up(which is almost every team fight and push it seems like)

I'm no dota pro, but it seems like the nuke does great damage in a team fight mid game and a silence is always good

Somebody on stream said he was only going to miss ESL and not TI.

If he was going to go to TI I'm not sure why he wouldn't say it in his tweet, the whole thing seems really strange.

I mean Dreamleague is tomorrow, seems crazy to wait until the day before to announce something like this so vaguely

If he was going to go to TI I'm not sure why he wouldn't say it in his tweet, the whole thing seems really strange.

I mean Dreamleague is tomorrow, seems crazy to wait until the day before to announce something like this so vaguely
Someone on Reddit mentioned cystic fibrosis which in my uneducated opinion is a pretty good guess. If I remember right it's a pretty high carrier rate in Jewish populations and he seems to have "the flu" every other week.

Hylian7

Make the ghosts move faster maybe?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
aghs dp should fix the hero aka make her not shit; so give her like some number (maybe 1/2 or 1/3rd) of the ghosts as passively up at all times so she can be effective outside of her 30s window.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
My problem with DP is that she just pops spirits to take down a tower or fight and these are the most likely scenarios:

1) Best case scenario: You take a tower, yay! But the enemy team isn't stupid, and they immediately initiate or push after the tower falls because they know DP ulti is down for another minute+. You fucking lost.
2) Second best case scenario: You see a teamfight coming, you pop ulti, and you win the teamfight! But by the time you get to their base and they respawn, your ulti is down and so you fucking lost.
3) They have someone like KOTL or lina and clear the creep wave so you can't take the tower. Shit, you didn't get the tower and your ulti is down, you fucking lost.
4) You see a teamfight coming, you pop ulti, and they run away. You fucking lost.
5) You pop ulti and die immediately. You fucking lost.

Either way, you fucking lost. To me it's like if Lycan or Alch could only transform once every 115s and the uptime was a measly ~25%. DK is most comparable I guess, but DK ulti has an uptime of over 50% and the hero has an amazing stun and with blink, shadowblade, or a roam, he can set up kills outside of ulti. TB meta is also comparable but TB is just a much better hero overall and meta isn't even his ultimate (and even meta has a higher relative uptime ~37% compared to DP's 26%).

Also this isn't a Shadow Shaman or Sand King "wasting" ulti. Yeah it sucks when a support prematurely ults, but he's still a 4 or 5 support. DP is your core, she's a 1 or 2. And when one of your two cores is useless for 85 seconds... yeah, you fucking lost.

Radec

Fucking pro-games. Ruining all pick pubs with their picks.

Now every game I had today has either Tinker or PA on my team. All lost.

Ketch

What if DP aghs turned her ethereal during her ulti? Immune to physical damage, but still easily countered by a lina or lion or something....

can you use eblade and bkb at the same time? probably not, bkb dispells it i guess.

It would make her pretty good last pick material against certain line ups.

TUSR

Banned
What if DP aghs turned her ethereal during her ulti? Immune to physical damage, but still easily countered by a lina or lion or something....

can you use eblade and bkb at the same time? probably not, bkb dispells it i guess.

It would make her pretty good last pick material against certain line ups.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh

I see DP getting picked a lot in TI4.

You do?

G.ZZZ

I see DP getting picked a lot in TI4.

Go back to ur trenchtier plz.

Copper tier forever stuck at 4.8k. The more i go up the worse i seems to play, but at least most games are enjoyable outside from the random no timewalk void or some shit.

ChrisD

Fucking pro-games. Ruining all pick pubs with their picks.

Now every game I had today has either Tinker or PA on my team. All lost.

My brother swears that PA is completely overpowered and broken. I always tell him that you don't see her in tournaments for a reason.

Time to get lectured on a new crazy reason on why she's the best char in the game, lol.

Am I wrong in that a Heaven's Halberd shuts down basically any pub PA's?

TUSR

Banned
Go back to ur trenchtier plz.

Copper tier forever stuck at 4.8k. The more i go up the worse i seems to play, but at least most games are enjoyable outside from the random no timewalk void or some shit.

I had a game yesterday where a dazzle maxed shallow grave before putting 1 point into slow. Dota will always surprise you.

I wouldn't be surprised if I was low priority today or globally muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom