• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razzer

If they do go Tinker, you have to ban Beastmaster. He synergises to well with Fnatics way of playing the hero. The stacking and the bird bombing.

Also, wubwwubwub.

FACE

Banned
You're right. That would've saved me quite a few times. Oh well. Doom/Rupture made me go linkens.

I think BKB would've been better on that game(QOP, Tinker, Blademail and silence, etc). Getting doomed and ruptured sucks, but if they're focusing on you then they're not focusing the Weaver/Warlock/ES and they can do quite a bit of damage against 0 BKBs(weaver could deal damage regardless).

at least they've pracced a bit more with xcal now :p

That andNa'Vi actually focused on shutting the TInker down though(Dendi killed him five times in a row).

Woo-Fu

Banned
Fnatic's draft one of the worst I've ever seen.

Mouz is clowning on these fools.

ORLY?

If you're going to ignore Tinker the entire match you better be knocking on Tier 3s before he gets eth blade/dagon.

Alliance shutdown tinker early in mid and then took all the towers so he couldn't farm safely and nobody could stack. Same sort of thing at the Summit when Na'vi crapped on Tinker the entire game.

Skinpop

Pure damage goes through magic resistance, but not through magic immunity. That's why it's so good against OD/Enchantress/Silencer.

Isn't it rather that most pure damage spells/attacks has a magic type target? The pure damage would still go through but you can't actually deliver it. Cleave for example is pure(as far as I know) and hits through bkb.

Falk

that puzzling face
If they do go Tinker, you have to ban Beastmaster. He synergises to well with Fnatics way of playing the hero. The stacking and the bird bombing.

Also, wubwwubwub.

I dunno, that was maybe 1/2 the birdbombing and 1/2 seal. Literally anyone who got seal on them just evaporated in those early teamfights, and we're talking about heroes like WK and Doom.

They drafted everything around Tinker. If BM got banned you could still grab something like Visage. Sure you don't stack as well early on but yeah.

I'd like to see more Silencer vs Tinker matchups. Might be jumping the gun here but it seems like a hard enough counter that it'll make people think twice about drafting that certain way maybe.

FACE

Banned
Isn't it rather that most pure damage spells/attacks has a magic type target? The pure damage would still go through but you can't actually deliver it. Cleave for example is pure(as far as I know) and hits through bkb.

I don't know how Cleave works, but EMP is fully blocked by BKBs and it deals pure damage.

Razzer

I dunno, that was maybe 1/2 the birdbombing and 1/2 seal. Literally anyone who got seal on them just evaporated in those early teamfights, and we're talking about heroes like WK and Doom.

They drafted everything around Tinker. If BM got banned you could still grab something like Visage. Sure you don't stack as well early on but yeah.

I'd like to see more Silencer vs Tinker matchups. Might be jumping the gun here but it seems like a hard enough counter that it'll make people think twice about drafting that certain way maybe.

This is true. It's just that bm can potentially stack 4 camps (including ancients) at level 2. That's kinda insane.

Messiah

I got timed out for typing "WUUUUUUUUUUUUUB" when chat was spamming variations of "WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB", true story

Fucking Hellspawn
chansub-global-emoticon-18be1a297459453f-36x30.png

What is this playlist.

Volodja

Cleave damage is not pure damage, it's affected by Damage Block like Vanguard and Kraken Shell (so physical damage block) and doesn't hit ethereal units.

dmshaposv

Yeah played treant protector for the first time.

Yeah pretty op support. The 50 mana cost joke cooldown tree armour is ridiculously good. Plus an amazing DoT slow, nearly broken invis and a super ulti.

This guy is basically omniknight on steroids but even more imba with low mana cost/cd. Volvo needs to nerf his ass. Untill then imma win some pubs with him.

Quesa

Daily Hero is SD

On the one hand I play this dude a lot

On the other I'm gonna have to figure out a high-impact way to play so I'm not tossing coins in solo queue

Zeth

Mice suggestions? I've been eyeing the Naga/Hex for the additional thumb buttons. I have a CM Storm Spawn (claw-ish grip) since I built my PC but feel like I might benefit from more buttons to map. But I also don't know if I'll like going back to a standard mouse shape though they're probably better for this style of game.

Nymerio

Mice suggestions? I've been eyeing the Naga/Hex for the additional thumb buttons. I have a CM Storm Spawn (claw-ish grip) since I built my PC but feel like I might benefit from more buttons to map. But I also don't know if I'll like going back to a standard mouse shape though they're probably better for this style of game.

The Logitech G700 is pretty nice, but I've never managed to be comfortable using any of the extra buttons in Dota. I played WoW with a Razer Naga and the side buttons were nice to have but they're just not working out for me in Dota. I'd rather have an extra column of buttons like on my keyboard like some keyboards have.

I think if you disrupt a brew the newly spawned illusions get the guaranteed crit. It looked like they did anyway. Probably not that important but kind of neat.

I think I've played ~10 games these past 3 or 4 days. Lost every. single. one.

What the hell is going wrong? How do I tell if a lost game is my fault, or the team's collective fault?

Mordeccai

Yeah played treant protector for the first time.

Yeah pretty op support. The 50 mana cost joke cooldown tree armour is ridiculously good. Plus an amazing DoT slow, nearly broken invis and a super ulti.

This guy is basically omniknight on steroids but even more imba with low mana cost/cd. Volvo needs to nerf his ass. Untill then imma win some pubs with him.

He actually was OP IMO a few months ago. Then he got hit with the nerf bat to his living armor, I think the cool down and mana cost went up. Used to be able to spam lvl 1 living armor for days, not so much any more. Need a basi or something for some regen.

Still good hero.

Also if you want to have some fun, build tree midas. Proceed to either aura whore, or build shadow blade. Win game. The +150 dmg plus his base dmg wrecks people if you can get the sb early enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom