• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know about you guys but the next time I upgrade my computer, I'm going to get parts from HyperX, sponsor of E-SPORTS and my favorite team, ALLIANCE.

I might also pick up a small cooler to chill my MONSTER Energy Drinks for those down-to-the-wire rat games.

That's great, my SSD is already KINGSTON.

I'm supporting e-sports while watching e-sports.

Yo dawg, I heard you like e-sports....

I thought they did a Bo7 last year. I misremembered. Still not as many games at the main event as I was hoping for :(

Pretty sure they did, but it's still not a good format. For 2 and 3 they did and the series was pretty clear by the 5th game, adding the potential for another just seems silly.

Chris R

Ok so Bo5 is better for a GF, but I'd still like to see more matches at the arena :( Maybe they could change the Phase 3 stuff into Bo1s and the first round of the losers brackets into Bo1s too and move the 3rd place match to the same day as the finals (if it isn't already...)

I think they will do

Friday - 4 sets (WB 1/2 & LB 1/2)
Saturday - 3 sets (WB 3 & LB 3/4)
Sunday - 2 sets (LB 5/6)
Monday - 1 set (GF)

???

at least there's no best of 1 loser's bracket nonsense

You say nonsense, but I wanted to be there to watch the nonsense :( Seriously considering selling my floor ticket now for a GA one

BO1 is even more bullshit than BO7, especially if it can get you eliminated immediately. You shouldn't get punished that hard for what could be just one misplay.

A team who makes misplays should lose. The LB needs to feel like the stakes are high because otherwise it doesn't feel like the matches have consequences. At least not to me.

A team who makes misplays should lose. The LB needs to feel like the stakes are high because otherwise it doesn't feel like the matches have consequences. At least not to me.

What? A BO3 could potantially end within the hour, how is that not enough consequence? This is the biggest tournament of the year, it's a bit harsh to get eliminated just because someone got a haste at the right time or an Enchantress got exactly the right creep.

Also by letting more games get played Valve lowers the chance of upsets, it's in their best interest to get the best teams in the finals.

What? A BO3 could potantially end within the hour, how is that not enough consequence? This is the biggest tournament of the year, it's a bit harsh to get eliminated just because someone got a haste at the right time or an Enchantress got exactly the right creep.

Also by letting more games get played Valve lowers the chance of upsets, it's in their best interest to get the best teams in the finals.

So a team like MUFC did last year could suck their way through the group stages (which people seem to be completely forgetting) and should have multiple chances there after to redeem themselves? I honestly don't think so. Both those examples aren't even misplays, they are seized opportunities. Rune Control is part of them game, and if someone is good with Enchantress and the other team lets it through, they should know there are built in consequences. These are all aspects of the game that everyone at that level has to face.

Usobuko

Banned
Wow, playoff with 16 teams instead of 8 and the 6 bottom six team eliminated. Phase 2 playoff to accurately determine who going to the upper bracket as well as teams still getting eliminated for first loss of the day.

I love this format, it helps to filter team rankings much more comprehensively.

aeolist

Banned
So a team like MUFC did last year could suck their way through the group stages (which people seem to be completely forgetting) and should have multiple chances there after to redeem themselves?

no because they'd be eliminated during the group stage

if you suck badly you're gone, if you're a good team that makes one big mistake you still have a chance to prove that you're better than your opponent

Chris R

The fuck did I just watch?

GJg58Ne.gif

fallagin

They gave me a daily hero that I already did... Kind of dissapointed. It's necrophos, so at least its not really hard, but I like having a fresh hero for these.

Ties

Banned
When will base customization be available?

I am perched to decorate my base with Fly's visage.
They gave me a daily hero that I already did... Kind of dissapointed. It's necrophos, so at least its not really hard, but I like having a fresh hero for these.
Necro is such an interesting hero to build...

Early Dagon wrecks on him, but I would like to experiment with more items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom