• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Not to mention voting for a new model and voice for Wisp.... what are you hoping for with that?

Wisp is played in tournaments. I like Wisp. Wisp deserves a better model and voice. So far, the voice is a joke. Same with Spectre: this is not a voice, this is a joke voice.

Fuck voting for fucking carries. Vote for fucking Rubick god damn it..

Voting Tiny over Invoker and Rubick over Slark for Arcanas.

You, my good man, have bad taste.

Rubick over Slark? If there are specific effects for stolen spells, okay.

Invoker? Arcana could look good indeed. So many spells.

Carlius

Banned
Oh my fucking god

This is why I love Dota

79 fucking minutes

They had our mid rax at 30

They had the top rax at 50

We just kept pushing them back

I just kept farming

The teamfights! We would die! They would die! Back and forth!

We managed a rax and a half but Lycan just kept pushing

I had 10k gold at the 50 minute mark and nothing to spend it on except buybacks. We couldn't push because anytime we did they would split push and damage the ancient

His wolves constantly gnawing at our ancient

BUT YOU CANNOT OUTCARRY SPECTRE

YOU CANNOT

BEST SPECTRE NA

good shit man, i am in love with spectre and io lately. love spectre, shes so great late game and a fun hero overall.

Spookie

Since people are posting their votes-

Arcana:
Mirana (fuck pudge), Templar Assassin, Lifestealer, Nature’s Prophet, Tiny, Engima (Needs a remake), Rubick (genuinely would buy this one), Jug.

Voice:

Spectre, Io, PA, Ancient Apparition, Viper, Slardar, BH, Jug.

Model:

Faceless, Io, PA, Ancient Apparition, Viper (if this guy doesn't win I'm going to Valves offices to rig the vote), Slardar, WD, Jug

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
How did Anti Mage and Jugg get into all 3 of the voting finals? Jugg's one of my favorite heroes, so any kind of freshening up would be appreciated (tho voting for the best voice in the game to get a new voice is madness). Neither of them seem THAT popular (according to dotabuff) and neither of them are really in need of model/voice updates. Is this just a case of teen boys picking the "cool" heroes?

Aselith

10384744_415364915269992_3194465413035579078_n.jpg

dmshaposv

How did Anti Mage and Jugg get into all 3 of the voting finals? Jugg's one of my favorite heroes, so any kind of freshening up would be appreciated (tho voting for the best voice in the game to get a new voice is madness). Neither of them seem THAT popular (according to dotabuff) and neither of them are really in need of model/voice updates. Is this just a case of teen boys picking the "cool" heroes?

Valve: hey guys, do you want to rework a shitty model for your favourite hero?

16 year old: favourite hero? jugg anti mage chaos knight carry hero #132324. VOTE VOTE.

Carlius

Banned
No. Pudge already has about 9 billion shitty sets with icons and custom animations. Give it to a hero people will legitimately play on a regular basis.

seriously. its enough with the pudge scrubs already who just pick him cause they actually think theyre good. dont want more of that

Mohasus

i0XF5luegiQMC.jpg

easiest 4v5 of my life, the damage from multiple ults stack. Timber from the other team had fatal bonds + veno ult + refresher, too bad his ult didn't stack.

Mohasus

Well she needs to win against pudge... that is something that i get. But wouldnt it be better to give arcane voting to somebody who needs a good set because he is ugly as fuck? As example Enigma.

No, you give a guy ugly as fuck a new model, so everyone can play him. I don't want to lock cool heroes behind a paywall.

Go Pudge!
The Best Dota Hero!
Deserves An Arcana!
Excited For Him To Win This Contest!
Maybe A Sumo Wrestler
Or Dragon Ball Z Aura For His Arcana Valve Please?

Seriously though, I will not mind if Pudge wins this. The community voted for it? Give it to them.

Spookie

Just watched the ending of Dreamleague last night. Oh sweet Jesus why did they give the mic to Envy?

"First Place" - I had half the office looking at me when I burst out laughing.

I know it won't happen, but I would like more 'non-speaking' voices. I really like Io's chirps and Phoenix' caws, it makes them much more.. majestic than they would be if they had weird cartoon voices. There are a few heroes that I think would benefit from that as well (Morphling, Chaos Knight, Ancient Apparition, etc.).

MadGear

Luna is in the race for a voice rework? Why? Do people hate her accent that much? I honestly don't mind it at all. If you ask me there should be more heroes with an accent :)

Still voting for IO on both voice and model rework. IMO it has the most boring model out of all the heroes and easily the most annoying "voice". And besides, i believe that slardar and viper would get a rework anyway.

Don't really care as much about the arcana vote because i'll never buy a single arcana item, but I'd actually love to see what a lanaya arcana would look like.

Luna is in the race for a voice rework? Why? Do people hate her accent that much? I honestly don't mind it at all. If you ask me there should be more heroes with an accent :)

I don't mind her accent, but I don't like that she says most lines with the same 'cadance'. It makes her voice kinda grating, in my opinion.

Examples (beware, kinda loud):

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/f/f6/Luna_spawn_01.mp3
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/18/Luna_move_07.mp3
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/7/7e/Luna_attack_03.mp3
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/2/24/Luna_attack_10.mp3
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/6/62/Luna_attack_13.mp3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PSA: Majority of DOTA2 players still idiot bfury-carry/pudge/afk-jungle instalockers.

This concludes the PSA.

Falk

that puzzling face

Oh jesus this had me burst out laughing.

Ability Draft seriously is comedy gold.

Treant Protector + geminate + enchant totem + windwalk + walrus punch

FOR SOME REASON THE MULTIPLIERS APPLY TO BOTH NORMAL + GEMINATE ATTACK FOR MELEE HEROES BECAUSE IT HAPPENS INSTANTLY

He basically went around one-shotting everything. And I mean a literal one-shot from full HP

inkls

Oh my fucking god

This is why I love Dota

79 fucking minutes

They had our mid rax at 30

They had the top rax at 50

We just kept pushing them back

I just kept farming

The teamfights! We would die! They would die! Back and forth!

We managed a rax and a half but Lycan just kept pushing

I had 10k gold at the 50 minute mark and nothing to spend it on except buybacks. We couldn't push because anytime we did they would split push and damage the ancient

His wolves constantly gnawing at our ancient

BUT YOU CANNOT OUTCARRY SPECTRE

YOU CANNOT

BEST SPECTRE NA

Nice, Any spectre tips?

ElyrionX

Still voting for IO on both voice and model rework. IMO it has the most boring model out of all the heroes and easily the most annoying "voice". And besides, i believe that slardar and viper would get a rework anyway.

Don't really care as much about the arcana vote because i'll never buy a single arcana item, but I'd actually love to see what a lanaya arcana would look like.

Luna is the only character who I think needs a voice rework. That accent just does not suit her.

Nice, Any spectre tips?

I'm not him but I like Spectre a lot too. If you're having a rough time in lane and need the regen, get a Vanguard before your Radiance. If you're doing well and still want to fight early, get Drums. Vanguard is nice because it lets you jungle without having to go to base every two camps and sometimes your lanes aren't safe, so you have to resort to jungling. If you don't need to jungle, get Drums and then Radiance. As for boots, Phase and Treads both work. Phase are the more aggressive choice, lets you chase really well. After the Radiance I usually either go Heart or Manta. The traditional six-slotted Spectre is usually BoTs, Radiance, Butterfly, Heart, Manta + Linken's/BKB or MKB/Crit/Abyssal. Super super late game, Radiance doesn't do a lot anymore and you might consider selling it, but that's never gonna happen in 99% of games.

Zeth

The thing about Pudge winning is that 90% or more of the votes are from people who have never and will never buy a cosmetic let alone $40 Arcana. Require a down payment and us cosmetic enthusiasts get free reign!

The thing about Pudge winning is that 90% or more of the votes are from people who have never and will never buy a cosmetic let alone $40 Arcana. Require a down payment and us cosmetic enthusiasts get free reign!

Well, they did buy the compendium in the first place.

Haly

Almost all Spectre skill builds are "viable". Skilling her is really about making the right call for the game.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I'm all for allowing every hero the chance to have an arcana but where is the logic in allowing heroes that have already had a model rework (ES, lion, brew, etc) the chance to have a model rerework?

Falk

that puzzling face
What if I thought old Earthshaker was more handsome and I would like a model rework to revert?

edit: Wait, Brew really got a model update at some point?

Haly

What if I thought old Earthshaker was more handsome and I would like a model rework to revert?

edit: Wait, Brew really got a model update at some point?

W3fbr9k.jpg

Made him a little more ratty.

That old puck tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom