• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Votes have been updated and they're every bit as bad as I expected. Invoker, Pudge, Mirana, WR, Juggernaut, LS, AM, and Tiny made it through. Great.

Least Io and Rubick are still around. No SF or Treant, though. The disappointment will be strong.

Edit: Wow, Zeus didn't even make to to next round of model rework, nor Jakiro.

LS won every single vote he was in.

inkls

Votes have been updated and they're every bit as bad as I expected. Invoker, Pudge, Mirana, WR, Juggernaut, LS, AM, and Tiny made it through. Great.

Least Io and Rubick are still around.

At least slardar made it.

Played a game before bed this morning and someone on our team dced and dropped right away. I played Magnus and we actually won (landed some solid RP's all things considered) but it didn't count towards my hero challenge (he's the last hero in my poo of 10) because someone abandoned it. Sad days.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think we are getting 4 or 5 Chinese team in the main event, unless some of the Western Teams can figure out how to reliably beat them in the next three weeks. Though a lot of teams are showing the fruits of their boot camping already in these last few tournaments.

Acinixys

in b4 the worm talks about more items being taken out of the pool

Removed

Arcane Set
Scarlet Raven Set
Eki Bukaw Set
Steelweb Set
The Highborn Set
The Silent Guardian Set
The Clergy Ascetic Set

lol

Necro is such an interesting hero to build...

Early Dagon wrecks on him, but I would like to experiment with more items.

Wut Dagon on Necro is such a terrible build

I go Treads - Mek - Aghs - Atos/Blink (Blink is 100% core on this hero, makes getting kills/chasing so much easier) - Sheep/Shivas - Heart

Mek is so important, because it lets you heal your whole team for a billion HP combined with Death Pulse. If you get kills during a fight/push, Sadist gives you so much mana that you can spam deathpulse every time its off cooldown

Ties

Banned
lol

Wut Dagon on Necro is such a terrible build

I go Treads - Mek - Aghs - Atos/Blink (Blink is 100% core on this hero, makes getting kills/chasing so much easier) - Sheep/Shivas - Heart

Mek is so important, because it lets you heal your whole team for a billion HP combined with Death Pulse. If you get kills during a fight/push, Sadist gives you so much mana that you can spam deathpulse every time its off cooldown
Dagon seems to work fairly well if you play mid role and snowball.

I can see why it's not particularly viable, but it has its merits if you plan on ending the game quickly with a team with pushing capabilities. Your build is typically what I go with, except I add in Drums after Mek. It givrs him some stats to spam his Q and become more durable during the early/midgame fights if you're behind.

So why was 40k taken out of the prize pool and why are people okay with this?

it was?

and people are?

if i had to guess i bet it was valve removing all the compendiums that were found to be from stolen credit cards or something

whenever there is something strange in the market its usually related with that type of fraud

either that or it could have possibly been an error

Quesa

These groups suck

Two categories I can't bother to vote on: pudge v mirana, jugg v luna. I take bribes if you wanna buy my vote

also I won my second bane game handily, which is good because their lycan and tbs were complete racists

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my fucking god

This is why I love Dota

79 fucking minutes

They had our mid rax at 30

They had the top rax at 50

We just kept pushing them back

I just kept farming

The teamfights! We would die! They would die! Back and forth!

We managed a rax and a half but Lycan just kept pushing

I had 10k gold at the 50 minute mark and nothing to spend it on except buybacks. We couldn't push because anytime we did they would split push and damage the ancient

His wolves constantly gnawing at our ancient

BUT YOU CANNOT OUTCARRY SPECTRE

tUMZUcU.jpg

YOU CANNOT

BEST SPECTRE NA

Least Io and Rubick are still around. No SF or Treant, though. The disappointment will be strong.

Poor Jakiro :(

Anteo

Oh my fucking god

This is why I love Dota

79 fucking minutes

They had our mid rax at 30

They had the top rax at 50

We just kept pushing them back

I just kept farming

The teamfights! We would die! They would die! Back and forth!

We managed a rax and a half but Lycan just kept pushing

I had 10k gold at the 50 minute mark and nothing to spend it on except buybacks. We couldn't push because anytime we did they would split push and damage the ancient

His wolves constantly gnawing at our ancient

BUT YOU CANNOT OUTCARRY SPECTRE

YOU CANNOT

BEST SPECTRE NA

You could have bought a refresher, whenever a team fight was done go to the fountain, grab it, use it and put it back on the stash/courier

Mohasus

Dear Valve,

I want a stretch goal to remove a hero from the game, so I never need to see a tinker again in my life. Also, consider dodging a game during the last 10 seconds a loss for that guy.

Thanks.

Goddard

Dear Valve,

I want a stretch goal to remove a hero from the game, so I never need to see a tinker again in my life. Also, consider dodging a game during the last 10 seconds a loss for that guy.

Thanks.

15 million stretch goal removes pudge from all pick

Hylian7

Dear Valve,

Thanks.
What exactly made everyone hate Tinker suddenly? He didn't get any particularly game changing buffs. The most significant things I can think of were Aghanims and Missiles able to hit Ethereal units. By the time either of those matter people already complain about him.

dmshaposv

You know what? let these pudge pickers get their shitty arcana.

Just expect white-bearded DC hook, crow pudges hooking the shit out of u with fancy taunt animations in every match. This is going to happen and just deal with it. xaxaxaxa

At least they won't have the audacity to ask for yet another arcana/hats, right guys?

NBtoaster

What exactly made everyone hate Tinker suddenly? He didn't get any particularly game changing buffs. The most significant things I can think of were Aghanims and Missiles able to hit Ethereal units. By the time either of those matter people already complain about him.

He had a big increase in popularity. He can also be an annoying rat, and drags out games because its impossible to push into march. And he's everywhere on the map at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom