• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh yeah, got this Mythical Kunnka Bottle my first box.

Why the fuck is the bottle Mythical.

Edit: Oh wowy gee, it modified my rare idle animation. Amazing.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
1v1 rules:

- You can pick any hero including duplicates
- Enemy cannot see your selection until they've made theirs
- Each player gets a free courier
- First rune does not spawn
- You can voice chat with your opponent
- Coaches are allowed
- You can forfeit by typing 'gg'

Randdalf

1919FB2097616233AADE099E68E0D149E7FE28DF

Randdalf

The picking UI is not consistent in style with the default HUD (i.e. it's fancier), volvo pls fix game literally unplayable.

They added better shadows for player names too, which is great, as certain colours blended in with the map too easily.

Indignate

For someone who is still learning heroes, it was nice to see the recommend roles for heroes on their cards so I can check what my teammates are rolling and see what we need.

So is that completely gone? I did edit my hero picker screen and group heroes together so it's not that much of a loss.

Quesa

1v1 rules:

- Coaches are allowed

It'll probably count in your client record but I wonder if dotabuff/dotamax will track your stats in 1v1.

Zeth

I find it ammusing his particles actually leak in the UI.

Check Doom out. Some of the tall heroes really stick out of the top. Looks awesome.

Bounch, your items are great - shame they suprised you with their implementation. Typical Valve communication, lol.

Hope I get that Disruptor helm from the GEST ticket soon.

edit: when loading up the Brew preview, beer just pours out of his mouth for like 3 seconds. Love it.

Baha

While I liked the idea behind the player cards for heroes, the roles weren't always accurate and some of the icons didn't even work if you moused over them. New loadout is pretty damn slick and loads fast.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some things in the portrait files:
'Centipede' ward for Venomancer
'Ahmhedoq' golem for Warlock
Cadenza Spirit for Invoker
Geodesic Eidolon for Enigma
Tangki Serpent Ward for Shadow Shaman
Two more wards, Enchanted Vision and Stone Bound

Exuro

These are different too:

NSuHu8e.png

Spectators can now do that. It's gonna be awesome.
Oddly enough those icons annoyed me with how out of place they looked. Glad to see they're getting changed.

They're gonna have to throw uprezzed textures on most of the heroes now with the closer up models.

Razzer

1v1 rules:

- Coaches are allowed

You can trash talk with voice chat. That's amazing.

Ties

Banned
minipudge_large.a322656fa18a9c59e4cce436a3b4159684b23307.png

Really hope this is some sort of WIP cause this looks 100% retarded and shit 0/10 would not buy another compendium
Well I'm certainly pleased that I didn't bother investing for a quick courier. When the compendium promised a Pudge courier I thought it would be the Pudge bulldog or something similar - guess not :/

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There are a ton of icons in the game files for new item. That EG Naga set, some players Nyx Set, The Artisan of Havoc Clockwork set I liked a lot, a Gold Pudge Hook, random parts of that Divine Anchor Set. Matts going to have his work cut out for him tonight.

Also, Valve needs to make it faster to find 1v1 matches. It should not take so long to find a match.

pompidu

There are a ton of icons in the game files for new item. That EG Naga set, some players Nyx Set, The Artisan of Havoc Clockwork set I liked a lot, a Gold Pudge Hook, random parts of that Divine Anchor Set. Matts going to have his work cut out for him tonight.

Also, Valve needs to make it faster to find 1v1 matches. It should not take so long to find a match.

11 mins for a pub match and still waiting. People are probably still updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom