• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian7

I have a feeling this may be to blame:
Zkn2WaL.jpg

So in another words blame the Peruvians, got it.

so after a match, it popped up a new match review thing where instead of rating only one category, you'd rate 3. i rated everything one star, as usual, and afterwards it said "i am peruvian" once the rating went in. what the fuck. am i hallucinating or did valve seriously include that into the game. holy shit that's stupid. i hope this is just me being asleep. cause i don't think i can describe how idiotic it would be for a company to be endorsing this kind of message/attitude, no matter how "cute" and "playful" people want to pretend it might be

Lotto

Weather Effects are coming. I will now proceed to do a image post on reddit for the Karmas.

"DOTA_Item_Weather_Moonbeam" "Weather Moonbeam"
"DOTA_Item_Weather_Rain" "Weather Rain"
"DOTA_Item_Weather_Snow" "Weather Snow"

I hope 'Environmental Effects' means more than just weather. Weather is still cool, I sometimes just hop in on Dota to play the Sniper - Tidehunter tutorial just cause of how nice that map is with the rain and extra props/assets.

Rolled LC for daily hero again. Damn, winning duels left and right is so satisfying and then looking t your accumulated permanent damage.

I haven't lost a single duel but my first 3 duel attempts ended without anyone winning.

My items are treads, blink dagger, armlet, blademail and then the game ended there.
Was about to build deso.

She's a new favorite hero.

Wok

I have just won a 1vs1 Kunkka vs Kunkka. Runes control make a huge difference. I had all the runes and this helped a lot.

Edit: So to play 1 vs 1 mid against a friend, I guess I have to use the "create a room" tab in matchmaking.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh man ARDM looks so awesome, I hope the Ti4 allstars game is in this mode.

It really should be. The mode is a ton of fun, though it likely has a few more bugs to work out. Games are still pretty long though, took a good 45 minutes to win, and we actually took the throne just before killing the last enemy hero. Its likely going to be super boring for some people near the end, since you simply don't revive when your team runs out of lives.

For ARDM, early farm seems to be the most important thing IMO. I think tri-lanes are a huge mistake to actually do unless you can kill the tower, since your heroes will shuffle around putting money on one heroes isn't the best.

Try to get a blink, its godly, S&Y is a good stats items, Linken's can really help. Just get what ever boots you like best, because you never know how the team comps will change. From super hard push strat to 5 melee carry to 5 man AoE Teamfight. Also, skill with the idea that you aren't going to be on your hero very long. Like I go Morphling at when level 9 and just skipped his ult, when I got Shadow Fiend I held my points until I needed them, putting a point into the necormastery each time I reached the treashold.

Wok

According to Reddit, ARDM is available with this line in the console:
dota_match_game_modes 1048576
Select the normal match tab, type the line above in the console, then start queueing.

Edit: By the way, I cannot find the favorite hero challenge in the compendium.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got into an ARDM randomly. I was not enjoying it. Luckily it crashed after about 30 minutes tho.

"Dragonfire Armor" lmao. How much more cheesy and generic are item names gonna get?

By the way, I bought the Lina announcer yesterday after >1 year of using the Bastion announcer. I also have the GlaDOS announcer but she sucks for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom