• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Got my Gyro daily done in one try. Support Gyro is kinda legit. Game didn't go long enough for me to get Aghs but we ate the map up too fast it really wouldn't have been much use anyways, so whatevz!!!!

http://dotabuff.com/matches/727328247

xanavi

Pulling off the RP in the second one isn't that hard, they were practically asking for it. I like that he turned to his T4's before actually RPing but then doesn't skewer them into the towers.

Proper order IMO should've been RP>skewer to T4's>Refresh>RP>whatever.

Didn't matter in this example though.

It's pretty easy to get good RPs in pubs but people still struggle with it like in my first clip for some inexplicable reason.

For the combo in the second clip you definitely don't want to skewer here when tiny is below the T3 because you'd end up pushing the pile away from him.

Shinypogs

Oooh ! I got PL for my Daily hero. He's probably gonna take a few tries but this should be fun. Any tips ?

Edit: Would wisp + phoenix be a good combo? Phoenix can spam forever while wisp heals?

Ties

Banned
Oooh ! I got PL for my Daily hero. He's probably gonna take a few tries but this should be fun. Any tips ?
diffusal blade ez win

Honestly though, just build items that can benefit your illusions. If the game is going well: Treads - Radiance - Diffusal - Yasha - Manta - Heart - Diffusal 2.

If you're behind a little bit try: Treads - Drums - Diffusal - Yasha - Manta - Heart - Diffusal 2

Max his Q first then his E second. You only really need one point in his escape.

Also if the game is going super late ~45 min you could probably pick up either a Butterfly or Daedalus.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Edit: Would wisp + phoenix be a good combo? Phoenix can spam forever while wisp heals?

For PL I go Brown Boots > Vlads > yasha > Manta/Diffusal > Manta/Diffusal > Heart > Bots

You can get treads if game is hard. Early vlads gives pl all the sustain he needs to farm forever, fast diffusal isn't all the great because you want to be farming not fighting. Getting yasha before diffusal is nice as well, better for farming and helps you run away from things.

Holden

diffusal blade ez win

Honestly though, just build items that can benefit your illusions. If the game is going well: Treads - Radiance - Diffusal - Yasha - Manta - Heart - Diffusal 2.

If you're behind a little bit try: Treads - Drums - Diffusal - Yasha - Manta - Heart - Diffusal 2

Max his Q first then his E second. You only really need one point in his escape.

Also if the game is going super late ~45 min you could probably pick up either a Butterfly or Daedalus.

get diffusal 2 right after diffusal 1, much much better, extra 16 damage (unreduced) to all your illusions ( if they have mana...)

+ extra 16 mana burn for each illusion hit

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would you not get radiance rofl you can farm even more

This is me, Tranqs -> Radiance (maybe some filler stuff like Basi/Wand).

Then again Radiance farming isn't for everyone so there's nothing wrong with Diffusal.

Haly

Rush radiance on jungle doom. Yay or nay? Not talking about TI4 competition build but a fun pub build

It's not fun for anyone, not you, not your team, only for your opponents, because you'll be useless for 50% of the game.

For the love of god don't do this. Think of your teammates.

Holden

i always forget that diffusal 2 gives you agi x_x

its not the agi its the mana burn

Your attacks burn 20 mana (36 mana when upgraded) and deal the same amount in damage. Upgradable.

so illusions get the full damage as well

on other heroes like riki its prob better to use all the charges before upgrading
but not on pl

Shinypogs

Thanks for the advice guys ^-^

I played one game with him while waiting for responses and he's kinda neat and kinda frustrating. It didn't help that our supports weren't actually supporting ( and then one left) so I just ended up defaulting back to that role and whatever item I could have finished got ignored because we need an upgraded courier and both types of wards etc etc.

Razzer

What is the best skill build on lycan these days? At the moment I'm going howl level 1, then maxing wolves, then just randomly assigning points to impulse and howl (ult when available ofc). And after necro 3 and vlads what are the best items? I kinda know what options he has but which of them is best is what I'm not sure of.

Sanjay

Why would you not get radiance rofl you can farm even more

It's also great for other things...

One time I bought Radiance to counter a heavy hitter melee carry, with a ghost Ghost Scepter.

Does any one remember this game? I can't recall the heroes.

Zeknurn

Can someone please tell me how I avoid losing complete map control after 15 minutes because someone on my team feeds 5 kills in 6 minutes and they use the momentum gained to go four/fiveman and take most towers?

Preferably a way that doesn't involve my team mates because they usually just go in one by one and die.

Jex

Can someone please tell me how I avoid losing complete map control after 15 minutes because someone on my team feeds 5 kills in 6 minutes and they use the momentum gained to go four/fiveman and take most towers?

Preferably a way that doesn't involve my team mates because they usually just go in one by one and die.

You should be glad they don't die more often.

xanavi

You need a thing called leadership. Commit your team to a strategy; even if it turns out to be the wrong one, having a plan is better than running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

Shinypogs

Ok fucking seriously now, how the hell did I get two games in a row where people wouldn't buy anything other than the courier. I realize Leshrac and Earthshaker need money too but it's not going to delay your phaseboots into aghs rush that long to upgrade the courier and buy at least one set of fucking wards.

Why is this so fucking hard for people? Sure it sucks having to wait to have the cool shiny items but I'd rather win with Arcanes, wand and mek in my inventory than lose but be six slotted.

It's probably also my bad play but PL seems useless in fights without items. At least with Luna I could still get kills and do some decent damage even when most of my money got poured into support items.

Razzer

Ok fucking seriously now, how the hell did I get two games in a row where people wouldn't buy anything other than the courier. I realize Leshrac and Earthshaker need money too but it's not going to delay your phaseboots into aghs rush that long to upgrade the courier and buy at least one set of fucking wards.

Why is this so fucking hard for people? Sure it sucks having to wait to have the cool shiny items but I'd rather win with Arcanes, wand and mek in my inventory than lose but be six slotted.

It's probably also my bad play but PL seems useless in fights without items. At least with Luna I could still get kills and do some decent damage even when most of my money got poured into support items.

Yeah, PL is useless in fights without items. That's why he's always a risky pick in pubs if you are solo. You just gotta dodge contact with any other players and hit dem creeps till you have a couple of items, and even then, you should be splitpushing rather than 5-manning.

Kard8p3

u2dnxrI.png

Wok

Ok fucking seriously now, how the hell did I get two games in a row where people wouldn't buy anything other than the courier.

I have had games in which people would not buy the courier, nor the wards, nor the courier upgrade, nor dust, nothing. I have noticed it happens if I play with a friend of mine who has very few games played.

By the way, I had two games against stacks of 5 players. The game is hard when you have a 2-stack and a 3-stack in your team and very little communication. Same as above, it happens when the matchmaking cannot deal with differences of experience between players in a stack.

Zeknurn

You should be glad they don't die more often.

Yeah I know. Oh well, at least the game I'm in they decided to send a Sand King mid against a TA. They lost map control so fast because they had two passive carries that didn't have much to say when I ran around picking them off one by one. I felt sorry for them because I've been there in my previous three games.

You need a thing called leadership. Commit your team to a strategy; even if it turns out to be the wrong one, having a plan is better than running around like a bunch of headless chickens.

When every single person on the team thinks he knows best there's slim to no chance people will listen to what anyone else says. That's sadly how pubdota is on EU West.

I think the solution is that I need to get better on my own role and hope that an opportunity arises.

Had a game like this last night. Our whole team at like the 10 min mark just brain farted collectively and fed kills. We regrouped and just ratted for the next 10 min (they took 2 towers from the same lane but we took down 3). They still managed to take down our tier 3 top tower but we started holding. Eventually we all got fed from just split pushing, timely pickoffs and avoiding fights. At around the 30 min mark, we deathballed our way to victory.

Razzer

Ok, so I looked at your dotabuff, and two of your three games appeared to be stomps where not much could be done, but one was quite long so I thought I'd give it a look.

I'm still gonna go through and try to see what tips I can give, but good lord, this is some deep trench you are in buddy. My sympathies. At least you buy wards when needed regardless of hero, it's a good habit.

Indignate

Hints with Crystal Maiden? I generally stick to wards and trying to get to Mek before going with a Force Staff for better positioning.

Also, when/how do I use her ult? Do I go in and use it after the enemy team has already popped their stuns or do I do it before so they'll waste their stuns on me instead of our carries? Honestly, it seems like it's better to stay on the outskirts and Nova or Frost whenever I can instead of ever using her ult unless we have some team disable.

Zeknurn

Had a game like this last night. Our whole team at like the 10 min mark just brain farted collectively and fed kills. We regrouped and just ratted for the next 10 min (they took 2 towers from the same lane but we took down 3). They still managed to take down our tier 3 top tower but we started holding. Eventually we all got fed from just split pushing, timely pickoffs and avoiding fights. At around the 30 min mark, we deathballed our way to victory.

That's the best feeling when it happens. I had a PA that managed to go full pve for 20 minutes and get enough items to completely wreck the other team because they weren't brave enough to push racks against us when they had a massive advantage. Too bad carries like that are very rare. They usually either end up fighting without any items or don't farm at all.

Haly

Do I go in and use it after the enemy team has already popped their stuns
Yes.
or do I do it before so they'll waste their stuns on me instead of our carries?
No.
Honestly, it seems like it's better to stay on the outskirts and Nova or Frost whenever I can instead of ever using her ult unless we have some team disable.
You got the gist of it. Don't underestimate how huge her AoE is, you can ult on the edge of a team fight a hit a bunch of people with it. It's especially strong in jungle fights because you can hide between some trees and ult from there.

You have her basics down, it seems, it's just a matter of getting better at positioning, which is absolutely paramount for her because of her abysmal movement speed. You want to be right on the edge of combat at all times so you can pew pew while being an unattractive target because youre behind your entire team.

Hints with Crystal Maiden? I generally stick to wards and trying to get to Mek before going with a Force Staff for better positioning.

Also, when/how do I use her ult? Do I go in and use it after the enemy team has already popped their stuns or do I do it before so they'll waste their stuns on me instead of our carries? Honestly, it seems like it's better to stay on the outskirts and Nova or Frost whenever I can instead of ever using her ult unless we have some team disable.

What build do you go with CM? I generally like going 1-1-3 since it helps your team so much.

As for ult yeah I agree that it's better to stay on the outskirts. It combines really well if you have a Magnus, Enigma or DS on your team. CM's ult works well if you have BKB but that's an optimistic item.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Which teams do you guys think will make it the main event of TI4?

My prediction is Newbee, iG, DK, LGD, VG, Alliance, EG, and Fnatic.

Haly

I generally like going 1-1-3 since it helps your team so much.
2-2-1 or 3-1-1 is better. The mana aura isn't that good unless you have a very mana heavy team.

CM, despite being squishy and slow as fuck, excels at early aggression and for that reason the damage from a stronger Nova far outweights a few more points of mana regen.

2-2-1 or 3-1-1 is better. The mana aura isn't that good unless you have a very mana heavy team.

CM, despite being squishy and slow as fuck, excels at early aggression and for that reason the damage from a stronger Nova far outweights a few more points of mana regen.

Hmmm never thought of her like that. Gotta try that out.

Acinixys

I see that you have just won a match, so this info might be useless now, but your skill build is terrible :)

You should ignore your last two skills till lvl 9, and max Spirit Lance and Dopplewalk.

4 - 4 - 0 - 0 is such a great build in the early game, because you can farm faster and escape easier

People usually leave Dopplewalk at lvl 1 which is a retarded idea. The cooldown and mana cost reduction is immense and lets you escape/fight much earlier.

The reason i say leave your E and R unskilled before lvl 9 is because in the early levels when you have no items its
a) Hard to create many illusions with the shit attack speed you have
b) Your illusions have such terrible HP that they will die in 2 hits from a creep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom