• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hrm.
Riot's 'League of Legends' Reveals Astonishing 27 Million Daily Players,
Yeah it's cray.

That's why your queue times are longer. Their population is bigger by a factor of 34.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Speaking of long queues, do we know why League queue times are 0:30 - 2:00 on average (until you get up to the equivalent of 5500k+ mmr) compared to our Dota 2 queue times? Are there just that many more people on playing League? Is Dota 2's system tasked with doing more as it establishes a balanced party MMR?

I always assumed that as more people began to play Dota 2 that the queue times would get meaningfully shorter. They haven't.

Do they separate languages and regions?

BeesEight

This sounds like some heavy BS

Im sure they have 27 million accounts created

Of which maybe 1/4 are actually active daily

Still puts them way higher than the daily users of Dota which is probably why their queues are much shorter.

On the other hand, loading into the game takes way longer unless they've cleaned that up since I stopped playing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not it still takes forever.

Because people play League on Pentium 1s.

FtHTiny

On the other hand, loading into the game takes way longer unless they've cleaned that up since I stopped playing.

I doubt it takes longer overall than dota. I got 3min+ queue every time and 2 dodges before a game finally starts. They need to remove the option to dodge soon because it´s beyond stupid.

Hylian7

One change I particularly like in this patch is the camera views you get while waiting for others to load. They just need to fix some of them from being inside buildings like the fountain.

It's much better than staring at a blank map though.

Also, did they secretly make camera moving console commands cheats now? My rune spot buttons weren't working last night after the patch.

Zeth

One change I particularly like in this patch is the camera views you get while waiting for others to load. They just need to fix some of them from being inside buildings like the fountain.

It's much better than staring at a blank map though.

Also, did they secretly make camera moving console commands cheats now? My rune spot buttons weren't working last night after the patch.
The camera coordinate auto execs don't work anymore. I think there might be a workaround/fix but I haven't looked into it yet.

ET is still a really good hero. 0-4-4-0 still wrecks and the sooner you get a Soul Ring, the earlier you win your lane for free. I swear you can't lane against Ancestral Spirit spam at all.
Laning vs ET is more managable now (because spirit keeps getting nerfed) but the problem is that he can just decide to start punching you and then you're fucked.

manfestival

Guys, please i'm not even a corgi anymore.

This is a samoyed.

Samoyed_fullstance.ashx

They are majestic cloud dogs.

Learn your dog breeds, thanks.

Such Samoyez much corgi

Laning vs ET is more managable now (because spirit keeps getting nerfed) but the problem is that he can just decide to start punching you and then you're fucked.

The Spirit nerf made it impossible for him to one-shot the ranged creep which made him a far weaker mid. Infinite Spirit spamming with Soul Ring is still basically impossible to deal with in lane.

I am weak. Spent far too much on the compendium/immortal boxes off the market because I'm impatient.

Also, when the fuck did they fancy up the hero pick screen/loadout UIs? I haven't been keeping up much with Dota (in-game at least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom