• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinypogs

"Dragonfire Armor" lmao. How much more cheesy and generic are item names gonna get?

By the way, I bought the Lina announcer yesterday after >1 year of using the Bastion announcer. I also have the GlaDOS announcer but she sucks for some reason.

GlaDOS is the best announcer for making you feel like scum no matter what you did. I am happy when someone on one of the teams has her ^-^.

dmshaposv

That Lina set looks nearly identical to stuff that's already released for her.

yeah release more run-of-the-mill shit like that, and keep ignoring good sets like that awesome Witch Doc set. GG valve.

If anything, valve needs a better quality control on their hats manager. We know their hats guy loves Chaos Knight, Doom and Lina and hates Brewmaster, Witch Doc and every other hero.

They are all great - I especially like how tiny throws a creep in front of miranas arrow and saves the enemy.

Wait, with the patch...

Wait, does this mean what i think it means? I can ZOOM OUT? Awayyyyy to caaasting! Awayyyy!

hi Cato. I haven't finished watching your cast in our game though one of my friends have watched until the end.

I managed to watch 23 minutes in until we were ready for queuing so here is my mini feedback:

- you generally have a good voice, not grating to the ears so you are easy to listen to
- good hyping whenever there is a teamfight
- if you managed to talk continuously for more than 1 hour straight, mad props to you!
- you have to be more aware with kills as you missed a lot of it during the laning stage. I think one good practice is while you are explaining something to the viewer, keep your eye on the minimap or just rotate between each characters and switch your commentating to the action immediately. You can go back to the explanation after the kill.
- you need to memorize the spell and item composition as I notice you sometimes look at the recipe to determine which a user is building and that could be distracting to the user
- good job on explaining why some actions are considered bad habits, continue analyzing and don't be afraid to criticize builds (just make sure you dont overdo it :p)

Demoli

Bloody steam neer being able to finish up the updates. An hour and a half with both Dota and TF2 updates simply not moving from the 93 and 95% mark respectively.

Tried restarting, validating files, changing dl region, nothing.

Bloody Valve

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why are there like 4 player cards that are way more rare than all of the rest of them? I need like Wayto, Illidan and a couple others to finish my set but people on D2L want 30-40 other cards for them. Is this intentional? I was having a lot of success on SteamEP and now I'm just sad at this whole thing.

Zeknurn

The new loadout screen is going to sell a lot of cosmetics. Clever Valve.

Look in the patch notes or schema in the reddit thread it seems like they are packs like the wallpapers, dunno could be wrong.

They'll probably be handed be handed out at various compendium levels like the wallpapers.

Raytow

holy crap, just noticed shira post, is that Robocop Clockwork? omg omg omg omg.
In another note Lina arcana has hair now, she is blonde instead of a ginger *sadface*

hi Cato. I haven't finished watching your cast in our game though one of my friends have watched until the end.

I managed to watch 23 minutes in until we were ready for queuing so here is my mini feedback:

- you generally have a good voice, not grating to the ears so you are easy to listen to
- good hyping whenever there is a teamfight
- if you managed to talk continuously for more than 1 hour straight, mad props to you!
- you have to be more aware with kills as you missed a lot of it during the laning stage. I think one good practice is while you are explaining something to the viewer, keep your eye on the minimap or just rotate between each characters and switch your commentating to the action immediately. You can go back to the explanation after the kill.
- you need to memorize the spell and item composition as I notice you sometimes look at the recipe to determine which a user is building and that could be distracting to the user
- good job on explaining why some actions are considered bad habits, continue analyzing and don't be afraid to criticize builds (just make sure you dont overdo it :p)

Phew, thank you very much for the feedback. Will be working on that. I look at recipes and abilities mostly because i am afraid that i forget what they are called as a non-native speaker - happens too easily in the heat of the battle. And i have to work on my map awarness - both while commenting on a game and while playing it.
Really happy about positive feedback!

And that zoom feature is sooo good, but DOTA is always switching off the zoom function in the config for me. I have to set it to active and then set the config to read-only. Anybody having the same problem?

dmshaposv

wd set guy made a mock up of how the loadout would look with summons/ults/e.t.c.

6X3RdcN.jpg

Love the idea. I wanna see my arsenal forge/dragon knight ulti form in muh loadouts.

P.S. GIFF froggy WD set volvo. pls.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys, please i'm not even a corgi anymore.

This is a samoyed.

Samoyed_fullstance.ashx

They are majestic cloud dogs.

Learn your dog breeds, thanks.

Renoir

So cybogmatt doesn't do the patch analysis thing anymore?
His page is my go to. But there hasnt been a update about patches anyway since the 6th..

Guys i need your help. Dont have that much money left. I currently have 1€ on my steam account (could get to 2€ with card farming today).

Should i buy Treasure of the Silver Storm next (I want that courier and the Naga and Vengeful sets look awesome. Also i already bought 2 sets and got the Phantom and Antimage set. Sold the antimage set.).

Or should i buy 2x Treasure of the Sunken Maiden (Another courier that i want. Also nice hats are always welcome.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Guys i need your help. Dont have that much money left. I currently have 1€ on my steam account (could get to 2€ with card farming today).

Should i buy Treasure of the Silver Storm next (I want that courier and the Naga and Vengeful sets look awesome. Also i already bought 2 sets and got the Phantom and Antimage set. Sold the antimage set.).

Or should i buy 2x Treasure of the Sunken Maiden (Another courier that i want. Also nice hats are always welcome.)

I think maybe you should put the hats down for a while and go for a walk.

Also, never make your purchases based on the "Very Rare" section. That's how they get you.

Renoir

i want that courrier bad .. im all about kitsunes..

Don't buy anything.

Steam sale starts today.

well do you want a long queue or no peruvians

Speaking of long queues, do we know why League queue times are 0:30 - 2:00 on average (until you get up to the equivalent of 5500k+ mmr) compared to our Dota 2 queue times? Are there just that many more people on playing League? Is Dota 2's system tasked with doing more as it establishes a balanced party MMR?

I always assumed that as more people began to play Dota 2 that the queue times would get meaningfully shorter. They haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom