• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Weather Effects are coming. I will now proceed to do a image post on reddit for the Karmas.

"DOTA_Item_Weather_Moonbeam" "Weather Moonbeam"
"DOTA_Item_Weather_Rain" "Weather Rain"
"DOTA_Item_Weather_Snow" "Weather Snow"

I'm afraid these are just going to tax your GPU. IDK if its the same thing as WC3

IHvFFz5.jpg
96GJTFe.jpg
InpxiJV.jpg

Full gallery

ViviOggi

Finally I can get my hands on some amazing Treasures of Dark Implements

Oh wait I already bought keys for these crappy-ass single items

Speaking of long queues, do we know why League queue times are 0:30 - 2:00 on average (until you get up to the equivalent of 5500k+ mmr) compared to our Dota 2 queue times? Are there just that many more people on playing League? Is Dota 2's system tasked with doing more as it establishes a balanced party MMR?

I always assumed that as more people began to play Dota 2 that the queue times would get meaningfully shorter. They haven't.
I am not qualified to speak about anything League, but in my limited experience the times are more or less the same. When queueing with people of vastly different mmrs it takes around 4 minutes, when with people more or less your same it isn't less than 2 minutes (this is all before last nights update of course).

The difference is how the matchmaking handles the two extremes where it either compromises on time or on mmr. In Dota is compromises on skill so you get 6000s in with some 5000s, and in LoL it makes them wait up to 20 minutes until it can get more people of the extreme mmr (which is in my understanding where that whole hearthstone thing came from because they would play that while waiting). Just different systems, that to me, end up being the same. Until I get dat super high mmr of course.

I guess I do see lots of people complain about mm'ing with people in bronze while in gold or some stuff, so maybe in the middle it is different. I think both populations are healthy enough that solely looking at the player numbers as an answer isn't the right way to go.

Deadly

Speaking of long queues, do we know why League queue times are 0:30 - 2:00 on average (until you get up to the equivalent of 5500k+ mmr) compared to our Dota 2 queue times? Are there just that many more people on playing League? Is Dota 2's system tasked with doing more as it establishes a balanced party MMR?

I always assumed that as more people began to play Dota 2 that the queue times would get meaningfully shorter. They haven't.
While dota2 has been growing, based on the numbers that Riot released I don't think we're even near.

Though I do think the queue times have definitely shortened compared to before. Maybe not by a huge amount but hey it's getting there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom