• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
Chinese teams really seem to love Doom. Most Chinese games I've seen either have him banned or picked early. Understandable I guess.

A hero that basically has 2x Hand of Midas? In Chinese dota?

(Although all jokes aside his ult scales pretty damn well lategame)

inkls

Solo mid void. Am interested to see what build he goes.

aghs refresher

Ke8PJKb.jpg

And icex3 Invoker.

One thing to keep in mind is that Hao is disgustingly good on Ember.

That too.

Liquid fire should be maxed first, the harass and push potential is amazing. I always go for the value point in ice path, as the increased duration with each level is only .4 seconds per point.

Macropyre for me is an ult that unless you are team fighting early can be taken later than 6. Like Dark Seer, it is a little set up dependent, and Dual Breath and Liquid Fire are so good. Can be taken early if you counter push.

I see, maybe I've underestimated the skill. How does this sound:

Same first two points, then two points into Dual Breath (one value point for the slow, then another because it's only 5 extra mana for more than double the damage). After that max Liquid Fire, then take a point in Macropyre, then max Dual Breath.

Same first two points, then two points into Dual Breath (one value point for the slow, then another because it's only 5 extra mana for more than double the damage). After that max Liquid Fire, then take a point in Macropyre, then max Dual Breath.

Something like that is a great base. Jak is blessed with all of his skills being pretty great actually. Just make sure to read the situation and feel free to adjust as the game is going.

Dang, shame I missed it.

Is it this: http://dotabuff.com/matches/730208039

That's why I love mid Zeus. He can single-handedly keep his team in the game long enough for the carries to come online. Man even uses my preferred build.

boots --> veil --> aghs --> refresher.

It's so good. And veil is the key that bridges your early game damage to your mid game damage. That damage buff is not a fucking game, and it gives the benefit of buffing your teammate's magic damage too. TBH, it bothers me that the item isn't more popular than it is.

manfestival

someone told me that na'vi may not be competing in TI4. Is there any validity in this or does this mostly apply to dendi because of the war concerns in the ukraine?

kvk1

Dendi was in Los Angeles just a week or so ago. All of Na'Vi was.

Also, the situation in Ukraine isn't so dire that people can't leave the country.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
did fnatic ever say why era's not playing?

He's sick it seems, they have been tight lipped on how bad. Era won't bet at ESL, but he should be at TI4.

someone told me that na'vi may not be competing in TI4. Is there any validity in this or does this mostly apply to dendi because of the war concerns in the ukraine?

Maybe you are hearing people say Na'vi won't make it though the group stages?

dorkimoe

they will be there, or we will riot
they just posted a picture of them Bootcamping, hes probably not even there

ALso that new update is sick...the new fonts, the hero portraits, the waiting for players to connect..all of it..amazing

FACE

Banned
Someone should tell Hao that you can use sleight of fist from outside the Chrono.

The Bo3 gauntlet ends 4-4 with newbee winning two series, shame that there won't be a ninth game.

Pratfall

I think taking Ice Path first really depends on the lane. If you have a setup stun or think you have big kill potential, get ice path first. If you don't, wait on ice path and max dual breath and liquid fire first, grabbing ice path at 5. (I even wait on macropyre over those two skills, but that might be wrong). If you can liquid fire and dual breath the other team in a team fight, it will do considerably more than just hoping they stay in your macropyre or a longer ice path stun. The combined attack speed slow of those two skills is just massive. Just my opinion.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
America will probably invade Russia if they mess with our team's chances of winning TI4.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I bet Excalibur will get picked up by a team in the next few months if he is interested in it. Seems pretty good.

In other speculation, I don't think the current Mouz is going to last to the end of the year.

Ancient Seal damage amplification increased from 18/24/30/36% to 30/35/40/45%.

holy shit. Well...I guess he did need a buff.

Fnatic with Xcalibur looks better than with Era. Kinda crazy that they have been playing with him for only 2 weeks.

RIP era. they better lock him in before some other team does. Kid is looking like the premiere player in Europe. My understanding is he's also #1 in MMR in Europe? Lock him up.

M.D

finally I was going to bet, but the freaking dota lounge bots are offline... goddamit

also, good shit from fnatic
first time I see fly on skywrath, he did well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom