• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If all 16 teams got more money from one single tournament compared to money earned at other tournaments it would do more harm than good.

How so? It's not like more people will try to get in on that International money. Slots are limited, and there will be actually more competition for those slots if people see that they can be guaranteed some recompense just for qualifying/doing well.

How so? It's not like more people will try to get in on that International money. Slots are limited, and there will be actually more competition for those slots if people see that they can be guaranteed some recompense just for qualifying/doing well.

Also I think it would be good for team stability.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yes, I'd even be open to paying teams in the qualifiers.
Bottom 8 get 0.5% each, the other 3 qualifiers get .1% each.

Is it right that the people winning in the qualifiers get nothing despite having to dedicate 4 days to just play the games, and will have to take time out of their lives to make a 3 week trip to Seattle?

Bottom 8 get 0.5% each, the other 3 qualifiers get .1% each.

Is it right that the people winning in the qualifiers get nothing despite having to dedicate 4 days to just play the games, and will have to take time out of their lives to make a 3 week trip to Seattle?

I agree. I really don't like how the current pay structure is set up, hopefully Valve change it up for TI4.

shira

why are all of you advocating for this wealth distribution what are we communists
I think we should do the same with casters. Only the top 3 out of 6 get plane tickets home and their tab picked up by Valve. Let's see how fast Ayesee learns the game.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
why are all of you advocating for this wealth distribution what are we communists

iyxu6II.png

1% for each 8-16 is like $60k and would make a huge difference for some of these teams.
Agree 100%

even mufc.
I bought a compendium and watch the games even for the shitty teams.They may have not performed well but i was still entertained and the games still got views so they deserve something.
Id rather a wide variety of teams be able to play then just the top 8

Artanisix

I'm open to paying more teams or sharing out the money more but not to all 16.

If all 16 teams got more money from one single tournament compared to money earned at other tournaments it would do more harm than good.

Nope.

For example North American Rejects are on the verge of qualifying yet that team was only formed on the 11th of April. They are just banking in on the lack of overall skill in their area of the scene.

I don't believe they deserve a part of the share unless they perform well at the main event itself.

So what if they were formed a month ago? So what if they're "banking on the lack of overall skill" in America? In my mind, paying out to the five teams that make it through the qualifiers is great for the scene. Esports isn't that strong in America, paying an American team for making it to TI only helps legitimize esports here.

Really no point in bringing up TI3, the way Valve has handled the invites this year has been a lot more intelligent, I think everyone will agree.

kvk1

that usa flag on the na stream is pretty disgusting. don't make me watch the autistic big brother, bts

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ BORN IN THE USA ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Acinixys

Join MumbleGAF, expect to hear a whole bunch of American dudes

anbokr, awfulwaffle, Moody, freakinchair and procarbine and online, all sound like amarican dudes

Was not dissapoint

Aselith

I wonder what Twitch chat has to say about these great dota matchs?

Severoox: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Aekvags: ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

St_simon: ROBOT ROCK .

Sinfulpillow: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Kbezon12: ROBOT ROCK

Tehjhu: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Coleisman: ROBOHUNGARY

Severoox: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿

Cidics:

Solace_ffl: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Rgluker: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Tuxblack: _

Sohinki: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ IN THE ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Poogie133: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Zoshu: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Tony_isnt_good: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Thestraded: USA USA USA༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Bill466 ROBOT ROCK

Crimsoncobalt: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Postwarpenance: ƪ(‾.‾“)┐ ROBOT ROCK ƪ(‾.‾“)┐

Ryufromombu: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Coleisman: ROBONIA

Artdaddykush ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ ᴜʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Sam_aa: ROBOT ROCK
Kbezon12: ROBOT ROCK

Tony_isnt_good: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Puransu20: ROBOT ROCK

Perugh: KappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappaKappa

Zekimar: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Breakfast22: ROBOT ROCK

Jalwiz: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Sohinki: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ IN THE ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Postwarpenance: ƪ(‾.‾“)┐ ROBOT ROCK ƪ(‾.‾“)┐

Aekvags: ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Joshmccoyy: (ROBOT)

Irukandjyi: | | | | | | | ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ | | | | | | | |

Keynine326: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT DICK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Tehjhu: MrRoboto

Cidics: ROCK

Drycooker: DUDUDUDUUDUDUD

Rinneval: ROBOT ROCK

Pikamix: MURICA

Apoloko123:

Gurtherburther: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Cian8900:

Irukandjyi: | | | | | | | ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ ROBOT COCK ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ | | | | | | | |

Phazerbeam: ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ROBOT ROCK༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

Rain646: BORN IN EAST UKRAINE

Welp, streaming video had a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom