• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT5| TECHIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
piOjwfZ.jpg

That black hole destroyed my laptop

i hope synderen is at the ti4 panel. him and merlini seem to get along well, and he's funny/knowledgeable. they can just get rid of maelk. he sucks pretty hardcore

Randdalf

༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽

PROTECT THE MOUSE

F!ReW!Re

So guys, I've been afk from dota for about 6 months now and I've only returned since last week. (mostly because the TI4 hype/qualifiers + compendium)

I'm kinda out of the meta nowadays, is there any place I can read up on this kind of stuff?
Like I've seen that Mirana has moved to a first pick/first ban kinda position, what other heroes are hot stuff right now? I've also seen a lot of WK/Morph/SandK/Lycan pickups..

Any big nerfs making heroes obsolete lately?

FACE

Banned
Mirana finally got banned.

So guys, I've been afk from dota for about 6 months now and I've only returned since last week. (mostly because the TI4 hype/qualifiers + compendium)

I'm kinda out of the meta nowadays, is there any place I can read up on this kind of stuff?
Like I've seen that Mirana has moved to a first pick/first ban kinda position, what other heroes are hot stuff right now? I've also seen a lot of WK?Morph/SandK/Lycan pickups..

Ember Spirit and Naga Siren have fallen off pretty hard from what I've seen.

JustinBB7

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/15/t...s-prize-distribution-should-change-this-year/

I totally agree with this opinion, there's enough money for all teams this year so valve show some love for all 16 teams!

I don't agree at all, they already get plenty of free stuff for being there, the entire trip is free. Why reward losing teams even more. I think top 8 is already too much really. Why should you get rewarded for losing.

I get that pro players don't all make enough money like in other sports, if you lose in football all players still get millions anyway, but still. Didn't MUFC go like 0-16 last time or something? Why give them money if they lost every game. Dota 2 is huge now, and TI4 will only make it bigger, they'll have plenty of other opportunities.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I don't agree at all, they already get plenty of free stuff for being there, the entire trip is free. Why reward losing teams even more. I think top 8 is already too much really. Why should you get rewarded for losing..

Yea I totally agree, just pay the winner fuck everyone else.

ksan

Like I've seen that Mirana has moved to a first pick/first ban kinda position, what other heroes are hot stuff right now? I've also seen a lot of WK/Morph/SandK/Lycan pickups..

techies is fp material right now, but there's a gentlemen's agreement not to pick it

when player salaries are sustainable we can justify a super top heavy distribution

when all the low tier teams just disband and reshuffle every year i dont see that as healthy and could be made to be more stable by giving them what amounts to table scraps to try and grow more

1% for each 8-16 is like $60k and would make a huge difference for some of these teams.

yea this basically

spk

I don't agree at all, they already get plenty of free stuff for being there, the entire trip is free. Why reward losing teams even more. I think top 8 is already too much really. Why should you get rewarded for losing.

Because it's being funded mostly by fans and players (of not just top teams) and 6 million is a ton of money. It won't take much from the top teams even if you leave 1 million for those outside the top 8

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
1% for each 8-16 is like $60k and would make a huge difference for some of these teams.

Razzer

It's so obvious Sing makes zero decisions in his team lol. Pie and N0tail have way more general knowledge of the game.

He just seems to hate talking about it. As soon as Notail showed up they were having lots of discussion about that stuff, he just doesn't open up to anyone else.

He just seems to hate talking about it. As soon as Notail showed up they were having lots of discussion about that stuff, he just doesn't open up to anyone else.
i guess like few people there actually understand the game on the same level so if they argue against him its really hard to just pull the no youre a fucking dumbass card

when notail comes and knows whats up they can actually have an informed discussion
how many teams are going to qualify then?

top 1 team from each qualifier go on directly

2nd place team from each one go into a mini tourney and the winner of those four also goes in

thats why there are an odd number of teams invited because 4 + 1 come in

Acinixys

If u shake hands with a Mormon girl you have to marry her - Pflax 2014

I really like this Notail - Sing combo

Dropping knowledge bombs like crazy

I get that pro players don't all make enough money like in other sports, if you lose in football all players still get millions anyway, but still. Didn't MUFC go like 0-16 last time or something? Why give them money if they lost every game. Dota 2 is huge now, and TI4 will only make it bigger, they'll have plenty of other opportunities.

I read this, and I'm reminded of something I recently read about what it is like to be a minor league baseball player and sustain yourself on peanut butter and jelly while living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 6 other dudes and you sleep on an air mattress because that's all you can afford. Meanwhile Major League Baseball has enough money to make it so minor league players don't have to live below the poverty line but they don't because people would revolt.

Edit: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...the-harsh-conditions-of-minor-league-baseball

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Would you have paid MUFC prize money last year?

Getting to TI is worthy of a reward even the team kinda sucked in the main stage, so yes i would have given them money because for me giving money to all the TI teams helps the dota scene overall. Specially if a team with no sponsor comes outta nowhere from the qualifiers with no sponsor or pay behind them.

I'm open to paying more teams or sharing out the money more but not to all 16.

If all 16 teams got more money from one single tournament compared to money earned at other tournaments it would do more harm than good.
You don't think getting to TI is enough of an accomplishment to deserve a reward?
Nope.

For example North American Rejects are on the verge of qualifying yet that team was only formed on the 11th of April. They are just banking in on the lack of overall skill in their area of the scene.

I don't believe they deserve a part of the share unless they perform well at the main event itself.

fuck my luck. i bought the stanley parable announcer pack then un wrapped my level 10 present and got another stanley parable pack... so who wants this come may22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom